Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daft_punk_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-04-25_at_3.02.37_PM_(resized).png
Tron_right_DP_(resized).png
Tron_right_DP_(resized).png
Tron_left_(resized).png
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago

If you don't know what a 7 zip archive is, please google it.
The password is the name (not the URL) of this website in lowercase. Please, just figure it out on your own and don't post it here.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00909784022342358978

Added over 7 years ago: The above link no longer works.

If you don't know what a 7 zip archive is, please google it. The password is the name (not the URL) of this website in lowercase. Please, just figure it out on your own and don't post it here.

The pro code is here with the same password: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tiw6lbh7qkfvjvz/AAA0BzEyoxo9UoC1Xwcste5Oa?dl=0

#102 8 years ago

Sorry for the lateness and those who waited patiently. I needed to work out one remaining issue that had eluded me for a while.

Thanks to those who tested initial versions and provided useful feedback.

#103 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

#104 8 years ago

How would one use the linked file? Is it a firmware replacement or do would one need another tool to take advantage of it? Asking hypothetically of course!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

How would one use the linked file? Is it a firmware replacement or do would one need another tool to take advantage of it? Asking hypothetically of course!

Haven't tried this one yet, but most of the time is just to put this on a USB, put that in your machine and update the firmware.
Probably based on 1.74 version of the software, it needs to be for your machine (LE or PRO).

You can preview the file with Pinball Browser. Load the file and walk through the sounds.

#106 8 years ago

Man.....I can't believe I only saw this thread now. I always thought the original remix floating around did not click with the scenes and modes. I deleted it after 2 days. But I think you've nailed it. I of course only endorse the Daft Punk without the Japanese remixes. You got all of them right...Zeus, Light cycle, Gem and you left Quorra alone. I would love to see if you could change the regular non-mode background music with the club/gem scene music. In any case great job.

Edit: the drum sequence in the Lightcycle battle scene but I know you already know that...so maybe you didn't use it cause it didn't loop right? Please check out 1:35...or alternatively check out 2:45

#107 8 years ago

By the way tried downloading from your link...there was no password prompt. When downloaded the unpack utility said the archive maybe damaged?

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

By the way tried downloading from your link...there was no password prompt. When downloaded the unpack utility said the archive maybe damaged?

Read post #101 - if you can't figure out the password.....it was just not meant to be

#109 8 years ago

Ahhh....I did read that post and downloaded a utility for Zip and Rar files but didn't know you need the "7 zip" program specifically. Thanks

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I of course only endorse the Daft Punk without the Japanese remixes.

My original goal was indeed to preserve as much Daft Punk as possible since I am a Daft Punk fan. However, the latest version is heavily remixed for the following reasons:
1) Most of the feedback seemed to indicate a preference for remixing everything rather than being purely Daft Punk
2) Many of the Daft Punk tracks are very downbeat and most of the feedback seemed to indicate a preference for upbeat tracks. This ruled out The Grid, The Game Has Changed (for Light Cycle Multiball), Arena (for Disc Battle), and Sea Of Simulation (for Sea of Simulation). Therefore, I ended up with remixes of these tracks or an alternative that was still consistent with the movie.
3) Even though I am a Daft Punk fan, I am not sure that the "pure" version worked out well as a pinball soundtrack within the pinball sound system. Some tracks sounded drowned out by the callouts, and not because of a lack of volume but because a slow tempo seemed to make the music sound static. I learned from this experience that slower tempo music often does not work well in modes with a lot of callouts.
4) Finally, I think this works out better from a fair use perspective.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ahhh....I did read that post and downloaded a utility for Zip and Rar files but didn't know you need the "7 zip" program specifically. Thanks

Winrar worked fine for me. Thanks for posting this OP!

#112 8 years ago

Thanks for posting this. Is the only version there the aggressive remix? Was hoping for the conservative one.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

My original goal was indeed to preserve as much Daft Punk as possible since I am a Daft Punk fan. However, the latest version is heavily remixed for the following reasons:
1) Most of the feedback seemed to indicate a preference for remixing everything rather than being purely Daft Punk
2) Many of the Daft Punk tracks are very downbeat and most of the feedback seemed to indicate a preference for upbeat tracks. This ruled out The Grid, The Game Has Changed (for Light Cycle Multiball), Arena (for Disc Battle), and Sea Of Simulation (for Sea of Simulation). Therefore, I ended up with remixes of these tracks or an alternative that was still consistent with the movie.
3) Even though I am a Daft Punk fan, I am not sure that the "pure" version worked out well as a pinball soundtrack within the pinball sound system. Some tracks sounded drowned out by the callouts, and not because of a lack of volume but because a slow tempo seemed to make the music sound static. I learned from this experience that slower tempo music often does not work well in modes with a lot of callouts.
4) Finally, I think this works out better from a fair use perspective.

Thanks for the clarification. I think the remix is one hell of an improvement..However if you have the unremixed DP version ready would you mind posting the download link for that one too? If not no big deal. Either way I'm installing this tonight. Thanks

#114 8 years ago

Great remix! Just wonder how you can keep your high scores when updating the firmware. I know in Pinball Browser you can set high scores but I did not managed to get these on the machine? Thanks for the posting and work done on the remix!

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Great remix! Just wonder how you can keep your high scores when updating the firmware. I know in Pinball Browser you can set high scores but I did not managed to get these on the machine? Thanks for the posting and work done on the remix!

You got them once, you can get em again right?

#116 8 years ago

I installed this last night. So far seems like a big improvement, thanks for the effort on this!

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

You can open the file in pinbrowser, go to high scores tab, and make them whatever you want

#118 7 years ago

Has anyone loaded this on an LE?

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Has anyone loaded this on an LE?

Yes, I love it. The change of pace on the music is really good

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, I love it. The change of pace on the music is really good

Does the Pro firmware remove the daft punk MB features?

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Does the Pro firmware remove the daft punk MB features?

Yes, the LE and pro are two different sets of code, one will not work on the other

#122 7 years ago

What do you lose other than the DPMB?

#123 7 years ago

LE version is included

#125 7 years ago

So which of the two files is the LE code?

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So which of the two files is the LE code?

the one in the LE Folder......

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

What do you lose other than the DPMB?

The LE has factory LED's, drop targets, EL wire ramp lights. Chrome armor, 3d translite, numbered plaque, moving recognizer... Anything else im missing ??

As far as code goes, I believe dpmb is all that the le has that the pro does not

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

the one in the LE Folder......

The file I downloaded did not contain an LE folder. It contained this:

7z Contents7z Contents

#129 7 years ago

Google "7z".

#130 7 years ago

Yeah, I did, and downloaded a 7z extractor for OSX. Those were the files inside when it extracted them, after I successfully entered the password.

#131 7 years ago

Yes unzip it first then you see the folder

#132 7 years ago

Okay, I used a Windows emulator and that unzipped it to the BIN files, but when I installed the BIN file, all the music seemed completely stock to me. Am I missing something?

#133 7 years ago

Do you still have your high scores? That could indicate if you actually reflashed your machine or not.

#134 7 years ago

No, everything reset. Also, I had the previous custom music BIN in there with all the remixes, and now it's totally stock.

#135 7 years ago

Just out of curiosity.. did you make a less remixed Version before you changed it up? Would love that. Thanks for putting this together.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, everything reset. Also, I had the previous custom music BIN in there with all the remixes, and now it's totally stock.

Are you sure you didn't just mix up the files? I re-downloaded and checked the files. You should hear different music as soon as you press START.

#137 7 years ago

Obviously he loaded the wrong file that was on the same stick. No one else has had an issue.

#138 7 years ago

There was literally nothing else on the USB stick but that one BIN file. I'll try downloading again.

1 week later
#139 7 years ago

What a great work, thank you very much for sharing your great work!

My tron will be a keeper forever now !

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Aiwass:

What a great work, thank you very much for sharing your great work!
My tron will be a keeper forever now !

It wasn't before!?

1 week later
#141 7 years ago

I gotta say. I don't recall which of these versions I have installed on my TRON LE. I believe it's the one that is closest to being "movie-faithful". But man, this music remix is AWESOME!!!!! Big THANK YOU to the OP for doing this. You are more talented than me.

I love the music that has been changed for ZUSE and GEM. Both of those are dead-on to the movie. I find myself playing my TRON LE more so than ever now. It's like a whole new experience.

Further more I'd like to say. I'm thankful that I pulled the plug on considering to put my TRON LE up for sale a couple of weeks ago. I know I would have highly regretted it. This game is just simply amazing.

Now if someone could find a way to add back into game play "Ba ba ba ba baaaaa TRRROOONNN!"
I think the perfect place for this could be added is when the TRON Insert in the center of the playfield lights solid. I realize this may not be possible if there is not a place holder for this call out in the game.

Would be also cool if there was a way to add Jarvis and Gem audio into the game as neither of these actors were licensed to have audio on the pinball.

daft_punk_(resized).jpgdaft_punk_(resized).jpg

#142 7 years ago

Would love to get the more 'movie faithful' version is someone can send it to me.. I am not feeling the remix version.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Would love to get the more 'movie faithful' version is someone can send it to me.. I am not feeling the remix version.

Same here.

#144 7 years ago

Same here as well.

#145 7 years ago

My first attempt tended to adhere to the original soundtrack (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress#post-2943625). However, in practice, callouts seem to drown out down-tempo music, regardless of the volume and dynamic compression that I applied. I've had feedback from other beta-testers confirm this. Up-tempo music tends to hold its own better against sound effects and call-outs, which necessarily results in departure from the original movie soundtrack.

1 month later
#146 7 years ago

Do I copy the bin file onto my usb stick? I tried it that way and plugged it into my game and nothing happened? Does the game go through an update?

#147 7 years ago

You need to do an update via the menu

#148 7 years ago

In menu -> Utilities menu -> go to USB menu -> Update Game Code
You can also backup your game code but that will be version TRN_174LE.BIN for an LE.
You can also download that from the stern site.

#149 7 years ago

Nice work on this, Nosro! I just reacquired my TRON and wanted to mix things up on the music front. I stumbled upon this thread and couldn't be happier! You obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it. Great job, man!

#150 7 years ago

Thanks for help. It's my first time :/

This is such a huge improvement! Great job to the op. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Trade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.