IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_0557-939.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 11 years ago

I'm Not much on these cartoon's ,, Thanxx anyway .. I do watch Rat B*stards
What those Bayou people from Louisiana will eat .. vomit.gifvomit.gif

#402 11 years ago

1 of these day's I'm Gonna buy me a camera that Will film in 1080P ,, anyway I shot a Video today now that All the mod's are Installed , I Guess
If you Don't want to watch All of it , 4-ward to 9:20 , Goof-n off Tyme ...

#403 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

1 of these day's I'm Gonna buy me a camera that Will film in 1080P ,, anyway I shot a Video today now that All the mod's are Installed ( X-cept for 1 , Lighted Speaker mod -- why Not !! )
If you Don't want to watch All of it , 4-ward to 9:20 , Goof-n off Tyme ...
» YouTube video

Wow, looks absolutely amazing. So glad I made the decision and secured the last Tron re-release being brought into Australia.

I think it was the staring at the Black_Rose photos that tipped me over the edge!

Looking forward to mine hitting Australia in December.

Cheers!
Adam.

#404 11 years ago

Here's a Human Tron mod ,, I'd buy it but my Chest size is 49 and i'll need an XXL , ( Not in Stock )

http://www.wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/adult-costumes/mens-costumes/movie/mens-deluxe-tron-legacy-costume-25893DI.html

#405 11 years ago

B_R,

you gotta check out a GoProHD3. BaDAzz Bro! www.gopro.com

#406 11 years ago

I hope it's the camera but your GI is totally killing the effect of those sweet EL wires. Looks great when it does the countdown.

#407 11 years ago

BR try cleaning the rubber on that disc it looks pretty weak in the vid. Should be throwing that ball much harder.

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

BR try cleaning the rubber on that disc it looks pretty weak in the vid. Should be throwing that ball much harder.

What should I clean the Rubber disc with ?

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

This is what I use on the rubber disc. Works great!

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/bleche-wite-tire-cleaner.php

#410 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Rubbing alcohol should do it, if you have 99% alcohol that is even better.

#411 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Rubbing alcohol should do it, if you have 99% alcohol that is even better.

I was told rubbing alcohol would eventually dry out the rubber and ruin it. Not true?

#412 11 years ago

Alchahol on rubber is not good.

#413 11 years ago

I just wanted to throw a post here about some "New Mods" for Tron that I have pro-typed and possible going to make. I started this thread....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-mods-are-available-soon-taking-preorders-to-build-them-by-hemi

I would like to know if anyone wants these. Here is what I am making.

The Recognizer flasher....The TRON Insert flasher.....The Under the Cabinet Blue and Orange flashers...Video Game flasher.......

Thanks.

#414 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I was told rubbing alcohol would eventually dry out the rubber and ruin it. Not true?

Wiping it with a rag won't kill the rubber. If you drown it in alcohol excessively I could see it drying out over time possibly. I usually use Bleech Wite to clean my rubbers on games as well. Wish they didn't change to the cheap version though. I still have some old school Bleche Wite but it won't last forever

#415 11 years ago

I have Westley's white wall Cleaner and 100 % Rubbing Alcohol ,, which 1 ? seem's like the Tire Cleaner would be Toooo Strong , ..

#417 11 years ago

There are also car products designed to clean rubber safely. I use Griots Garage.

#418 11 years ago

My wife is bring-n me Home some Sealed Alcohol Rub's from work .. The type that they use B-4-U get a shot ..

#419 11 years ago

Just dont use P. B. Blaster or WD 40 ...lol

#420 11 years ago

I Gotta say that the alcohol swipe's did Great .. I went into Diag- mode , drop'd the 3-bank , then went to Disc Run, I held the swipe on the disc as i pressed the Black Go button , the Disc turned and was Clean of All Grime and It's throw's the ball around like it Should ( for Now ) I wonder how Often this need's to be done .. . The Banker Sure enjoyed Play-n Tron ..

Tron_mods_3_010.JPGTron_mods_3_010.JPG Tron-Banker_004.JPGTron-Banker_004.JPG

#421 11 years ago

Thanks for this post BR.

Can i ask were they the little swabs they use before you get an injection? lol i just re-read your post where you say 'before you get a shot'. Ignore my stupid question.....lol

I have a ton of those here that i bought to clean my pc components with. Be good to know i can use them for that as well.

Getting my Tron in a week or two.

#422 11 years ago

Does anyone make a cool plunger for Tron? I have yet to find any and that stock one has to go. Love to see a clear globe with a pulsing disc in it.

#423 11 years ago

I have great respect for anyone that has installed the pinbits pop bumper set. They look great though

#424 11 years ago

What do you mean?

#425 11 years ago

I mean, to me, they were tough to install

#426 11 years ago

Gotcha. Did you get the partially assembled set. For anyone else, that's worth a little more. Also there is a detailed photo gallery that walks you through every step.

#427 11 years ago

I did, but I was missing a spacer on Gem. It was tough for my big hands to hold them together and screw them down. I like the way they look though.

#428 11 years ago

Damn! Reading this thread and watching the movie in 3D at home, makes me want one!!!

#429 11 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

I mean, to me, they were tough to install

They Were a Bitch to install/ Put together .. I lOOked up other member's Tron and saw how they lOOked .. I'm Glad the Stock cover's Stayed on the Bottom .. Thank You Again ,, BoJo

Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_004.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_004.JPG Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_005.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_005.JPG Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_014.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_014.JPG

#430 11 years ago

How did the Gem one go together? There are no screw holes to connect the top to the base -- I feel like I'm missin a part or two !

#431 11 years ago

Sticky Back tape on the Disc's ,, It was Like a Dam Puzzle !!

Tron_mods_3_009.JPGTron_mods_3_009.JPG Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_006.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_006.JPG Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_007.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_007.JPG Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_018.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_018.JPG

#432 11 years ago

Worst part about that kit is the instructions...make it a bit harder/confusing than it has to be. Once I struggled through the first one, I stopped following those instructions and did it my own way. I have heard there may be a slight language barrier in regards to English with Martin over there, that might explain that.

#433 11 years ago

Well after seeing Blackrose's EL wire I decided to order up a kit for myself. I went with 12 feet for both ramps and as Blackrose mentioned in his video that works fine (still had a bit left over, see picture below). I took my ramps off to drill them, used a 1/16 bit to drill pilot holes and then a 1/8 bit for the holes. In places where the ramp plastic is fairly wide I drilled two holes and used a 7/64 bit as that works perfect to slide the 4 inch tiny cable ties through (works best to come up on the side closest to the inside of the ramp, then back down and snug it up from underneath the ramp).

The EL wire looks awesome, especially after you lose your ball and the GI goes out (on mine the ramps, light cycles, recognizer, Flynn sign and Tron arcade are lit and it looks amazing). Almost look forward to losing my ball just so I can see the effects (well maybe not, but it is cool).

One thing I found with the EL wire is that little blue box put out a very high pitched whine (I know Blackrose you mentioned you couldn't hear much from your blue box, but mine was quite pitchy). It drove my 9 year old nuts. I wrapped it up in a towel but that didn't do much. I then remembered years ago when the C5 Corvette came out they used a lot of balsa wood in the interior to cut down on the road noise, so I decided to build a little balsa wood box for that blue box to go in and see if it would work (see pictures). It's amazing how the balsa wood box eliminates that high pitched whine, can't hear it anymore (the worst was during attract mode, and now you can't even hear it). So if you're having problems with that little blue box just buy a couple of 1/4 * 3 * 36 strips of balsa wood and build a little box, works perfect. On the bottom of the cabinet it's held in with a couple of velcro strips.

So project Tron is complete (for now): light cycles, Flynn sign, lit recognizer, apron cards, LEDs in the GI and inserts, El wire with custom balsa wood box, Pinbits clear protectors, drop target decal, Tron mini cabinet, playfield supports, 3D backglass, 5/1 splitter for mods, Flipper Fidelity speaker kit, white playfield rubber and the shaker motor.

el_wire_1.JPGel_wire_1.JPG el_wire_2.JPGel_wire_2.JPG playfield_2.JPGplayfield_2.JPG balsa_box_1.JPGbalsa_box_1.JPG balsa_box_2.JPGbalsa_box_2.JPG balsa_box_3.JPGbalsa_box_3.JPG

#434 11 years ago
Quoted from zackcat:

How did the Gem one go together? There are no screw holes to connect the top to the base -- I feel like I'm missin a part or two ! []

That was my problem. I am pretty sure I am missing a spacer with adhesive on it

#435 11 years ago

Awesome fix Buckles! Thats using the old noodle and the box looks fun to put together! Love it!

#436 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

One thing I found with the EL wire is that little blue box put out a very high pitched whine (I know Blackrose you mentioned you couldn't hear much from your blue box, but mine was quite pitchy). It drove my 9 year old nuts. I wrapped it up in a towel but that didn't do much. I then remembered years ago when the C5 Corvette came out they used a lot of balsa wood in the interior to cut down on the road noise, so I decided to build a little balsa wood box for that blue box to go in and see if it would work (see pictures).

This is a great idea I could not stand that very high pitched whine.

#437 11 years ago

You could sell those ; )

#438 11 years ago

Man, I am friggin wiped out...what a week.

Monday, I built power splitter harnesses for myself and a friend, and also wired both hallmark lightcycles for both of us.

Got Tron on Tues... friends and some family came over to scope it out. Before the night was over had the arcade, Flynn's sign, all of the insert LEDs installed, some of the GI under the slings and a few flash lamps.

Wednesday other family came over in the evening, so didn't get much else done, but got Shuttle working after months of working on the playfield swap.

Thursday, I installed the cliffy switch protectors, kickout protector, and the arcade scoop protector. Very easy to install, but as others have reported, getting some hangups on the arcade scoop and the rollover switch.. no biggie on the switch, just takes a gentle nudge to get it off it, but the arcade scoop is usually an instant tilt to get it free. Dunno what I'm gonna do about that one. May take it off and cut the slot open some more. Got nothing against Cliffy on either issue.. they're very much needed.

After my party last night, Tron stands at 205 games played.

#439 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thats using the old noodle and the box looks fun to put together!

It was fun putting the box together, also enjoyed a couple of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPAs while building it and that made things that much more enjoyable!

#440 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Sticky Back tape on the Disc's ,, It was Like a Dam Puzzle !!

You said it, B_R ... I was actually using your pics as a guide to build them as they were better than the ones on pinbits.

It still seems like I may have a connector piece missing. The GEM set pieces I have are like this as stacked:

3 piece topper (size 1-2-3)
CIRCLE w/sticky upward connector spacer
CIRCLE w/sticky upward connector spacer
x
Base with Holes

What should go where the "x" is? It seems there should be some sticky connector here or did I screw something else up? lol

Quoted from captkirk:

That was my problem. I am pretty sure I am missing a spacer with adhesive on it

Totally agree with you!

#441 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

but the arcade scoop is usually an instant tilt to get it free. Dunno what I'm gonna do about that one. May take it off and cut the slot open some more.

I don't understand this either. I *have* opened the slot more and you still get hangs? I never got a single hang on the tron I had here so that tells me Stern isn't putting the posts in exactly the same place on all games. I mean, damn. I'm seriously staying away from trying to protect Stern games with posts near the scoops >

#442 11 years ago

I havent ruled out that its my fault. I did tighten down the posts a good bit so it may have bowed out the protector a little. I am leaving it on either way. I will let you know how my testing goes. Pretty sure my pf is at about 7 degrees so a little steep. Might not be getting as much side to side movement as expected. Will experiment and report back. Still plenty of options to explore!

100 games or more on it last night and I am the only one that tilted out. It cant be that bad!

#443 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

no biggie on the switch, just takes a gentle nudge to get it off it, but the arcade scoop is usually an instant tilt to get it free. Dunno what I'm gonna do about that one.

I had the same thing happen around 100 games or so with the Cliffy on. All I did was take it out, got a thin dish towel and a pair of pliers and gently bent the metal back down by where the notch is (on mine it was bent up a bit at that point and it would stop the ball from rolling in). Used the dish towel to put around the metal on the Cliffy, didn't want to scratch it up with the pliers.

Reinstalled it and the protector fit nice and tight on the playfield by the notched area, have played 600 games since and haven't had any further problems, the ball just rolls nicely into the arcade scoop.

Cliffy rules!

#444 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Reinstalled it and the protector fit nice and tight on the playfield by the notched area, have played 600 games since and haven't had any further problems, the ball just rolls nicely into the arcade scoop.

Hmmm. I do generally bend a tad over 90 degrees to guarantee it will sit flat when installed. But you're adding a bit more overbend eh Steve? I reckon I'll do that myself then when forming them now. Maybe Tron just needs that little bit extra. Thanks for the report!

#445 11 years ago

I'll give that a shot. I'd say it's pretty likely mine bowed out because I tightened it down too much anyways. Seems plausible to me. I might not get to it for a day or two...after the last week I just need to chill a bit LOL.

#446 11 years ago

Just wanted to post my pics with the progress of my mods. All done on my own, and not purchased. EL wire mod, orange on right ramp, blue on left. Light cycle mod using hallmark bikes. Recognizer mod. I took apart ship, and installed 3 Orange LED inside, and one blue LED pointing down at center of disk. Custom LED kit, using colors of my choice. Combo of frosted White, frosted blue, super bright white, orange and blue. Blue under glow on machine as well. Hope you guys like it!

tron_003.jpgtron_003.jpg tron_004.jpgtron_004.jpg tron_002.jpgtron_002.jpg

#447 11 years ago

Note my custom message on the second pic. One note i wanted to make is that super bright amber bulbs work awesome in the clu and light cycle inserts instead of yellow.

#448 11 years ago

Mine is "Greetings, programs!"

#449 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Mine is "Greetings, programs!"

Great minds think alike, doubt I will change this.

#450 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Hmmm. I do generally bend a tad over 90 degrees to guarantee it will sit flat when installed. But you're adding a bit more overbend eh Steve? I reckon I'll do that myself then when forming them now. Maybe Tron just needs that little bit extra. Thanks for the report!

@cliffy, I made two changes to mine.

First, I noticed that the ball would sometimes rest between the edge of the scoop and the sharp edge of the scoop protector on the right where the lane is cut out. It's was only about 1.5 millimeters wide, but if the ball was slow enough, the groove between the two was large enough to give the ball a resting spot. By cutting out a bit of metal, I turned the sharp edge into a gentle U-shape. That took care of the groove as it now created a natural slant.

Second, after 20+ games, the protector would slightly shift or bend upwards on the right, turning the the opening of the guiding lane cutout into an obstacle. Again, I cut off a bit of metal to turn the hard angle of the cutout into a gentle, guiding curb.

Before making both these modifications, I had to open the table once a week and physically adjust the protector, but now it has been smooth going. If there's interest, I can take a some close up pictures to show what I did since it's hard to put into prose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.