IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_0557-939.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
#351 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

Frax - yeah... they are still there... they'll be gone some day. I travel too much to play enough. At least your initials are on an LE over here

"This weighs a ton, travel's a curse, but here we strive to BEAT YOUR HIGH SCORES!"

Gonna have to set my own high scores here soon enough...I ordered Clu hallmark lightcycles for me and another guy today.

#352 11 years ago

Light cycles are an awesome upgrade... really like my mirror blades as well.

#353 11 years ago

where did you get the mirror blades from? anyone know of where i can find pinbits pop bumper kit? what else do i need for this..got the shaker,CT led's, flynn light up sign, cliffy protectors,blue light up buttons..

#355 11 years ago

Black or silver mirror blades u reckon??

#356 11 years ago

Um, pinbits.com

#358 11 years ago

They come back in stock rather often. Keep checking.

#359 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

where did you get the mirror blades from

check with drano here on pinside

#360 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

They come back in stock rather often. Keep checking.

+1, also e-mail them so they know there is demand.

#362 11 years ago

Custom Tron MAME that just got done being built for me the track ball is RGB. It's loaded with over 24,000 old school and new school arcade, console, and pc games. Going to look nice across from my Tron LE # 34

tron1.JPGtron1.JPG tron2.JPGtron2.JPG tron3.JPGtron3.JPG tron4.JPGtron4.JPG

#363 11 years ago

Couple pics of my tron modded up a bit. Its an Awesome game! Really feels like youve entered the grid once you start working up the modes, entering the sea of simulation is unlike any other feeling when playing pinball. Good job Stern!!!! Im not done putting LEDs in the machine. Will be putting some brighter ones. So far i have an EL wire kit i built by ordering el wire and an inverter from coollights. Make sure you use a smart power strip with noise filtering and a real wall adapter that has some weight to it, like one from an old linksys router, or you will have interference on your opto sensors for the disk shot. As far as the light cycle bikes. Get the hall mark bikes, mod them so they stay on, and hardwire into the battery compartments. I decided to use a 4.5 v dc adapter and plugged them into the smart power strip rather than using the 5 v from the game. This way they get less voltage and will hopefully last longer. Thanks for looking!

12.png12.png 1027120053.jpg1027120053.jpg 1027120054.jpg1027120054.jpg 1028121611.jpg1028121611.jpg

#364 11 years ago

And by the way that is my high score on the first pic! I reccomend anybody with the Pro version to set the replay award to Extra ball, and set the replay between 20 and 30 mill. The way the game is designed you arent awarded an extra ball on anything but a random one from the arcade. this is not the case in the LE, and i am hoping a code update in the future remedies this.

#365 11 years ago

those are black mirror blades FYI

blckmirror.JPGblckmirror.JPGtronchrome.JPGtronchrome.JPGtronpf.JPGtronpf.JPG.

#366 11 years ago
Quoted from tekhmaster:

FYI, Instead of drilling the holes you might want to use a soldering iron or wood burner. It melts the holes without risking cracking the plastic. Saw that tip in another thread and it worked great when installing one of the mods on mine (can't remember which atm).

It was probably when you had to make a hole for one of the cliffy ramp protectors.

#367 11 years ago

All looks good.. Still waiting for my tron pro to arrive sometime this month hopefully sooner rather then later.. Iv already started to get quite a collection of mods though:
- sub woofer
- shaker motor
- blue xpin dmd
- LEDs
- led flipper buttons
- light cycles
- arcade mod v2.1
- under cabinet lighting
- chrome flippers
- bling balls
- cliffys
- recognizer decal

Hopefully get some black mirror blades and the recognizer mod soon.. To many mods lol

#368 11 years ago
Quoted from drummerweene:

It was probably when you had to make a hole for one of the cliffy ramp protectors.

Yup. That sounds right.

#369 11 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

those are black mirror blades FYI

Love the Chrome. Did you do the Powder coating or did someone else ?
You missed the ball shooter though.

#370 11 years ago

Hey, did anyone install the siderails with the flipper button guards? I ordered these from Pinball Life but I think I screwed up...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

I was looking for something that I didn't have to screw into the cabinet...but noticed these have holes at the bottom of the "guard" section? Did I get the right thing, or what?

This whole situation is so STUPID...there needs to be a better solution to this issue. One guy was making acrylic protectors that are held on by the button that don't obstruct the art, but I can't track him down.

I want something to protect the game without damaging it in the process (otherwise what's the point?!) that could be reversable in the future. I don't even know how to install these things, lol...never replaced side rails before. =\

#371 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey, did anyone install the siderails with the flipper button guards? I ordered these from Pinball Life but I think I screwed up...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747
I was looking for something that I didn't have to screw into the cabinet...but noticed these have holes at the bottom of the "guard" section? Did I get the right thing, or what?
This whole situation is so STUPID...there needs to be a better solution to this issue. One guy was making acrylic protectors that are held on by the button that don't obstruct the art, but I can't track him down.
I want something to protect the game without damaging it in the process (otherwise what's the point?!) that could be reversable in the future. I don't even know how to install these things, lol...never replaced side rails before. =\

That is a factory part, so the holes are supposed to be there. I thought about those, but for the price, I chose to go with the factory half moon kits that are on sale for 13.99. You do have to screw them in, but any factory LE that comes from Stern will also have screws in the rails. Terry's orange trim kit does not, but he designed it that way. I got used to the feel of the protective rail guards on Sterns. The art on Tron is mostly black in that area anyway. I can get you pix after work if you wanna see how they look. I did my TSPP, too. There was no wear, but I just like the look. Call me crazy.

EDIT: Stern rails are easy peasy install wise. They don't use adhesive, so no worry of damaging the cab when removing the old ones.

#372 11 years ago

Just install them and dont use the screw holes on the side like this:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#373 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Let's see, what do I have..

- Hallmark cycles
- jet toys on left side
- LED's in GI and select inserts
- v2.1 Tron arcade cab
- EL wire mods
- Flynn sign
- modded recognizer
- Target bank decal []
- LED flipper buttons
- "Encom" coin door sticker
- scoop protector
- subwoofer
- black mirror blades (coming)
- PIG
- Invisiglass™
- Powerball ("Flynn" ball)
- Pinbits protectors

I think that's everything...

Brock I thought I remember you getting a set of my ramp protectors too, no?

#374 11 years ago
Quoted from tekhmaster:

Love the Chrome. Did you do the Powder coating or did someone else ?
You missed the ball shooter though.

I bought the door chrome door like that. I did miss the ball shooter

#375 11 years ago

Here's a video I took in Texas this Past march .. Check out the Tron LE w/ the Blue display ..

#376 11 years ago

I got my Lighted Recognizer mod 2-day from Kimball's Pinball's , ( Nice work Kim ) I have it installed and It's Very Cool !! I do think i'm gonna install a small Piece of 20% window Tint over the 3 Cool white Led's shining down ,, A Lil-Brite . Now what am I gonna do w/ my Stock 1,

I also received my Mirror Blades from Pinballdecals too. I don't think I can install these by myself .
Me and Shanetastic are headed to Lori & Rad's Bash Party Sat- evening ( crowd of 62 i hear ) Pinballooking will be there to install my mini Tron mod ,, sounds like Mirror blade Help tyme ,

I've just talleyed up my expensive's on Tron since it arrived ,, $ 1427.03 . I'm Done !!!

Tron_&_BSD_009.JPGTron_&_BSD_009.JPG Tron_&_BSD_020.JPGTron_&_BSD_020.JPG Tron_&_BSD_021.JPGTron_&_BSD_021.JPG Tron_&_BSD_012.JPGTron_&_BSD_012.JPG Tron_&_BSD_018.JPGTron_&_BSD_018.JPG Tron_&_BSD_010.JPGTron_&_BSD_010.JPG

#377 11 years ago

Hey, I just used the double sided tape. Took me a few minutes to peel the film and put the tape on and then slid them right in to place and pressed down. Try it before you apply the tape and you will see how easy it is and where they go.

#378 11 years ago

How's yr Clearance on the side's .. I'm get-n Ready to try it ... The Tape huh ...

#379 11 years ago

No worries at all! Opens and closes fine. I put two pieces about an inch down from the top and about four inches from the front and back. Two more about an inch from the bottom and spaced those two out equally.

#380 11 years ago

nice work BR. you have a real solid looking tron right there man. i'll take you out to hooters and buy you a beer;

lol

#381 11 years ago

How do you get the spot lights , lights out? Also my playfield doesn't seem to be lining up correctly and scraps the side a little...any advice?

#382 11 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

nice work BR. you have a real solid looking tron right there man. i'll take you out to hooters and buy you a beer;

I am not sure what I just watched, but I like it.

That one chick is ridiculous hot.

#383 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

How do you get the spot lights , lights out?

If I remember correcly I took a small flathead screwdriver (very small) and poked the light out from the back side (you should see two small holes where the wires go through).

#384 11 years ago

thanks that worked...

#385 11 years ago

a few questions...does anyone have the spinner running but the lights not come on sometimes?

#386 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

tint over the 3 Cool white Led's shining down ,, A Lil-Brite

Alright, we finally agree on something. That always bugs me in pictures people have taken with the mod, you always see 3 bulb reflections! That's a good solution.

#387 11 years ago

Add-n a few Pict's- of my mini Tron arcade Pinballooking installed last-nite , and i got my required Help on the Mirror blades .. Actually the m.blades were quite Easy to install . Me and Tekman did get a cut on our finger's dur-n install. Cool mod's !!!

Tron_mods_3_003.JPGTron_mods_3_003.JPG Tron_mods_3_004.JPGTron_mods_3_004.JPG Tron_mods_3_007.JPGTron_mods_3_007.JPG Tron_mods_3_010.JPGTron_mods_3_010.JPG Tron_mods_3_009.JPGTron_mods_3_009.JPG

#388 11 years ago

I hope Pinbits will be able to cut me a left slingshot protector that's not pee yellow.

#389 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I hope Pinbits will be able to cut me a left slingshot protector that's not pee yellow.

It should be yellow. CLU is yellow. If you do orange then you are going to turn him orange.

The other bad guys are orange.

#390 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It should be yellow. CLU is yellow. If you do orange then you are going to turn him orange.
The other bad guys are orange.

He's not pee yellow, he's yellow-orange, and I never said I wanted it in orange. In fact, I specifically ordered warm whites to go under there instead of orange LEDs because of that..

Frankly, I'm probably just going to order the clear set not the "dress" set because the orange under the recognizer and the orange ZEN bothers me too. That's probably a sign I should pass on that and just get the clears. I used their clear protectors on my STTNG and was extremely happy with them. They looked awesome.

I look foward to getting it and then posting before and after pictures.

#391 11 years ago

This set is nice but I have Curlys set on mine. Its nicer than clear but more understated than the pinbits one..

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#392 11 years ago

I had No Idea why that Plastic was a Diff- color from the others ,, I have CoinTakers Frosted Cool white's under the Left sling and PBL's Orange F'n Brites under the Guide lane .. lOOks Ok to me ..

#393 11 years ago

It's cuz you're not a legit Tron nerd, B_R.

I think Pinbits chose those colors because they're specifically flourescent. Guess they though Tron needed more glow. If you look at their pics they have a blacklight LED under the blue one.

#394 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Add-n a few Pict's- of my mini Tron arcade Pinballooking installed last-nite , and i got my required Help on the Mirror blades .. Actually the m.blades were quite Easy to install . Me and Tekman did get a cut on our finger's dur-n install. Cool mod's !!!

Your Tron is looks great I really like the mirror blades.
I enjoyed playing some games on it last night.

http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

#395 11 years ago

The mirror blades did look good in person

#396 11 years ago

Even though I can't play my Tron, I have a couple of mods to show. I got a v1 arcade cab from Brian (pinster68). I changed the decals out after a little photoshop. We're all familiar with this cab, so I only uploaded a pic of the difference. I also changed the 4 wheel light runner out for a standard light cycle. It is the one you got in the walmart special edition Tron Legacy blu ray. Not up to the awesomeness of you guys, but I thought I'd share. Also waiting on Terry to restock his frosted single 44's to get my LEDs.

encomcab.jpgencomcab.jpg cyclemount.jpgcyclemount.jpg

#397 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's cuz you're not a legit Tron nerd, B_R

I Guess not ( Yet ) the Pin Does Rock tho !!!! I Do Dig the Latest movie ..

#398 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Guess not ( Yet ) the Pin Does Rock tho !!!! I Do Dig the Latest movie ..

If you like the new movie, then you'll like Tron Uprising. You watching that?

#399 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

then you'll like Tron Uprising. You watching that?

No ,, Tell me More !!!

#400 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

No ,, Tell me More !!!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Uprising

Animated series on Disney XD channel.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
12,028 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.