IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_0557-939.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
#301 11 years ago

BR, make sure you throw the EL wire and inverter into the cab and turn it on... play a few games just to make sure you're not going to get any interference with the Rinzler opto

#302 11 years ago

OK, it is my turn to chime in....Here are a few mods that I came up with for Tron in my very limited spare time. I added a blue flasher inside the the scoop under the Tron Arcade Video game and installed 2 flashers blue/white on the Recognizer... I am going to do a few more mods to it, so I am not ready to sell anything at this time, until I get caught up filling my X-Men orders.

Here is a sneek preview video in 720HD of the 2 that I have completed on a Tron Pro.

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Hmmm ,, but i Do want it to be Permanent .. Pull the ramp's , install & drill .. Later !!!!!!!!

A few people just bought LE ramps for 200.00. Keep the pro ramps to resell down the road. They could be left alone or drilled later. That way you have both, stock and modified. Mine has the LE ramps.

#304 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

OK, it is my turn to chime in....Here are a few mods that I came up with for Tron in my very limited spare time.... I am going to do a few more mods to it, so I am not ready to sell anything at this time, until I get caught up filling my X-Men orders.
Here is a sneek preview video in 720HD of the 2 that I have completed on a Tron Pro.
» YouTube video

Looks good Hemi. What did you do?

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I added a blue flasher inside the the scoop under the Tron Arcade Video game and installed 2 flashers blue/white on the Recognizer...

I'm Dig-n that ,, Tron is a Great Pin to mod !!!

Quoted from ChadNC:

A few people just bought LE ramps for 200.00. Keep the pro ramps to resell down the road. They could be left alone or drilled later. That way you have both, stock and modified.

I have a Blue Print of the drill Pt's like the LE ramp's ,, Buy New ramp's ( No way ) Wasted $$ on that call .. When I'm ready to sell Tron , It's going out as Is !! Blinged & mod'd to the Max

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I have a Blue Print of the drill Pt's like the LE ramp's ,, Buy New ramp's ( No way ) Wasted $$ on that call .. When I'm ready to sell Tron , It's going out as Is !! Blinged & mod'd to the Max

Ohh, I thought you weren't sure about it being permanent. On the LE ramps most of the drill points are holes. Some are U shaped slots. Whatever works. Good luck it will look great. I'm taking my EL stuff off when the new kit comes out.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'd be interested in a copy of that blue print, BR. I have not been able to locate a set of LE ramps and would love to save the money anyhow.

Thanks.

#308 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I'm taking my EL stuff off when the new kit comes out.

The EL looks good but the high pitched sound the blue box makes drives me crazy.
I think it bugs some people more than others but I can’t take it.

#309 11 years ago

I can't wait for my Tron to get here so I can add to this thread!

#310 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

3d translite (not sure if I will use

Hope ya didn't pay the crazy money for the one on ebay...

I am still looking for one.

#311 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

The EL looks good but the high pitched sound the blue box makes drives me crazy.

Younger you are more likely you are to hear it. They have made anti-loitering devices using this principle that emit sound that basically only teenagers and younger will be able to hear because we lose the ability to hear extremely high pitches as we age. Supposedly. I'm 31, I have tinnitus, and I can still hear electronics screeching...Tvs and such.

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hope ya didn't pay the crazy money for the one on ebay...
I am still looking for one.

Trent was selling them for $300 at the Expo and the 2D for $150

#313 11 years ago

This is an older pic, but it shows the jet toys I added to the left which I'm really digging.

file.jpgfile.jpg

#314 11 years ago

HAHA! B_R You look like you're already on the grid ready to battle with the lightwire on your viking helmet of doom!

#315 11 years ago

I wrapped mine in an old Tshirt. Problem solved.

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had mine all wrapped up also it helped but my ears would ring after playing it.

#317 11 years ago

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had mine all wrapped up also it helped but my ears would ring after playing it.

What are Ya'll talk-n about .. What High pitched sound .. Is it w/ them Wire mod I bought or another ?

And the Blue Print of the LE drill hole's is ( Supposedly ) on it's way to me in an Email .. I'll Share it when it come's .. But I've lOOked at close up pict's Here and on IPDB and I have a Prutty good Idea where I will drill the small hole's ..

#318 11 years ago

Black_Rose: is this the picture on Pinside that you've looked at? This picture is on the Tron unlimited thread, Drano has a picture about 3/4 of the way down the page showing the locations to drill the ramps. Not sure if this is the picture you've seen or not, just thought I'd post it in case you haven't seen it:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/5

#319 11 years ago

That 1 Will work Fine too Buckles ... That's Alot of hole's !!!

Tron_ramps_drill_Pattern.JPGTron_ramps_drill_Pattern.JPG

#320 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What are Ya'll talk-n about .. What High pitched sound .. Is it w/ them Wire mod I bought or another ?

The wire mod should have come with a small blue box that emits a high pitched whine when turned on. Common with these types of lights. If you can't hear it when it's in the cab, then no issue. I thought it was extremely annoying and wrapped it in a shirt.

#321 11 years ago

Ok , I do have the Blue Box ,,, No Noise !!! It's in a Pict above ..

#322 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Ok , I do have the Blue Box ,,, No Noise !!

See what I meant about old guys not being able to hear it?

#323 11 years ago

I know I would probably be able to hear it because I can walk in a room and tell you if the tv is on (with no picture on it or anything). I can just "hear" the electricity

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I know I would probably be able to hear it because I can walk in a room and tell you if the tv is on (with no picture on it or anything). I can just "hear" the electricity

This exactly.

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Ok , I do have the Blue Box ,,, No Noise !!! It's in a Pict above ..

Mine has the high pitched whine as well. You can hear it in attract mode but not when playing.

#326 11 years ago

cool wire loud whine. glowwire and coollight have to put real close to ear to here. maybe difference in company/ maker ? i did whiplash with with coolwire blue box very loud whine. got same kit from glowwire no whine, got the same kit as BR for TRON from coolight have to hold it very very close to ear to hear it.

#327 11 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

cool wire loud whine. glowwire and coollight have to put real close to ear to here. maybe difference in company/ maker ?

Exactly !!!!!!!!! I have a slight ring in my ears from the Early 90's , I asked my wife to listen , She heard noth-n and the mod was plug in and in the cab -- I'm Gonna Start tear-n the ramp's off 2-nite
I want this mod installed !!!!!!!

#328 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Trent was selling them for $300 at the Expo and the 2D for $150

Can you buy the 3D translites online or was this an Expo only deal? Not sure if I'd pay $300....

Cheers!
Adam.

#329 11 years ago

FYI, Instead of drilling the holes you might want to use a soldering iron or wood burner. It melts the holes without risking cracking the plastic. Saw that tip in another thread and it worked great when installing one of the mods on mine (can't remember which atm).

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

I can't wait for my Tron to get here so I can add to this thread!

Me too......tick tock tick tock.....JJ please call me....lol....

#331 11 years ago

I used a dremel to install the fiber option lighting for Elis mod. It was super quick and I had better control than a drill. I think there were 60 holes! I can see a soldering iron working too.

Quoted from tekhmaster:

FYI, Instead of drilling the holes you might want to use a soldering iron or wood burner. It melts the holes without risking cracking the plastic. Saw that tip in another thread and it worked great when installing one of the mods on mine (can't remember which atm).

#332 11 years ago

Clear tape FTW, I'm a fan of non-permanent mods.. that, and you can't see a bunch of zip ties all over the ramps. Just my personal preference though..

- B

#333 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Clear tape FTW, I'm a fan of non-permanent mods.. that, and you can't see a bunch of zip ties all over the ramps. Just my personal preference though..
- B

I'm Start-n the mod 2-nite ,,, Show me a Tron Pro w/ the Coolight wire installed w/ clear tape ..

I wanna see it .. If it lOOks decent , I can do the job w/ out pull-n the ramp's

#334 11 years ago

Reading this thread is killing me, need to stay away....

Got my Tron 2 weeks ago, it's hidden away NIB in a spare room in the house behind some other items we are storing. The plan is to open it xmas day! Hopefully, the kids will be very surprised. Didn't help that the carrier delivered it on the wrong day (kids had a day off school on the unexpected delivery day, so had the wife take them to an extended lunch!!).

Anyways, buying up mods left and right, in anticipation of xmas day, and being able to add to this thread!

Do we need flipper button protectors for wear? I thought that the cabinet decals cannot wear around the buttons?

omac

#335 11 years ago

I'm 1/2 way there / Done .. I did it w/ the ramp's on and it was Quite Easy !! While I was drill-n each hole I had a shop vac sucking up the plastic .I'm using a small drill bit , and the zip-tie's barely fit but they Tighten up Snug !! Took 2 hr's to do the ramp ,, Not bad .. I'll work on the 2nd ramp some and finish 2-morrow Evening .. The light from the Glow wire is Brighter than my camera is allowing .. lOOks Good !! Later ............

Tron_Coolight_Glo_almost_005.JPGTron_Coolight_Glo_almost_005.JPG Tron_Coolight_Glo_almost_009.JPGTron_Coolight_Glo_almost_009.JPG Tron_Coolight_Glo_almost_010.JPGTron_Coolight_Glo_almost_010.JPG Tron_Coolight_Glo_almost_012.JPGTron_Coolight_Glo_almost_012.JPG

#336 11 years ago

Looks BADAZZ B_R

#337 11 years ago

Good job! Your el wire is nice and smooth and straight.

I've seen so many pics of Tron where the owner didn't take the time to install it carefully, and the el wire looks all curvy and wavy. It kills the effect for me.

#338 11 years ago

Yeah, that does look nice BR!

#340 11 years ago

Thank's Guy's ,, I took my tyme , Total job took around 4 1/2 hr's .. ( not Bad )

Gotta work this Evening ,, so I finished the Orange ramp this morning .. I like the mod ...
I'm Gett-n Quite a few PM's on How to order , I just Copy and Pasted my Order and Instruction's w/ the Coolight Web-site and you can Open their site and Go from there .. a Few Pict's ---

And if anyone want's me to do a short video show-n where I drilled and what size zip-ties etc ..
No Problem , Just say , Do the video B_R !!

Coolight_Glo_wire_-Finished_!!_016.JPGCoolight_Glo_wire_-Finished_!!_016.JPG Coolight_Glo_wire_-Finished_!!_004.JPGCoolight_Glo_wire_-Finished_!!_004.JPG Coolight_Glo_wire_-Finished_!!_011.JPGCoolight_Glo_wire_-Finished_!!_011.JPG

#341 11 years ago

Again, great job. There are much fewer variations in your EL wire than I've seen in others.

Some of them reminded me of droopy christmas lights, but yours are nice and tight/straight.

#342 11 years ago

I bet the website owner(s) know exactly what the "Tron Pinball light kit" is by now with all the orders.

#343 11 years ago

Do the video B_R !!

#344 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Again, great job. There are much fewer variations in your EL wire than I've seen in others.
Some of them reminded me of droopy christmas lights, but yours are nice and tight/straight.

I bet that is because he drilled and used zip ties.

#345 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I bet the website owner(s) know exactly what the "Tron Pinball light kit" is by now with all the orders.

Maybe so , but You Will need to Specify the Blue ramp Coolight EL Glow wire to be in a certain color

05S-BG 5.0mm High Bright LyTec Wire - BG - BlueGreen/Aqua -- 13 ft

#346 11 years ago

Wow those flow a whole lot better than most i've seen Great Job BR.

#347 11 years ago

My mods... I recently added the blue DMD. The rings on the side beat with the bass. Full customized LEDs and ver. 2.0 Tron arcade, recognizer mod, added figures, hallmark cycles, mirror blades, topper, pinbits bumper caps, more....

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo2.JPGphoto2.JPG photo3.JPGphoto3.JPG

#348 11 years ago

You forgot the best mod of all...my initials on your scoreboard. Or did you take that one out?

#349 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Do the video B_R !!

I couldn't hear a Whine in the Blue box until I watched the vid- It's Low Pitched tho ya No ,
Here Ya go .

#350 11 years ago

Frax - yeah... they are still there... they'll be gone some day. I travel too much to play enough. At least your initials are on an LE over here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.