IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_0557-939.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

BR got the kit from me and at the time I ordered them only the LE was available. Now they offer the pro with the extra holes drilled. He got them for a good price so think it was worth having to drill the extra holes

100% True ,, Thanks BoJo !!!

Quoted from ChadNC:

Hey BR, you have a pic with the recognizer plastic installed?

Not yet , but I Will soon !! We had a BAD Storm last-nite , Lost power . Now on at 6am

#202 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

This is definitely a good point, I just about put the screws in on the right side bracket and realized it was too close to rollover switch, just nudged it over a bit to the left and it was all good. Just a small thing to check before you put the screws in.
PBL included screws with the brackets so you'll have everything you need. I was also nervous screwing them in but it all worked out just fine.

I must have gotten my brackets from Marco. I do remember calling and asking if the screws were missing and was told to just go to the hardware store and pick them up. Just to be safe I unscrewed one from my FG and took it with me.
I did drill pilot holes and that was the scary part, worrying if I went too deep. I'm definitely grabbing a set of those Drill stops from Harbor Freight for future use.

#203 11 years ago

Hey BR, you have a pic with the recognizer plastic installed?

Taken w/ the p/f glass in .. I still need to take the Dead Light cycles out and install some that work.

Maybe 2-morrow , I received my Original Hallmark cycles yesterday.. ( word )

Tron_colored_Plastic_Protector_s_002.JPGTron_colored_Plastic_Protector_s_002.JPG Tron_colored_Plastic_Protector_s_009.JPGTron_colored_Plastic_Protector_s_009.JPG Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_013.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_013.JPG

#204 11 years ago

I had to drill my plastic also. I didn't know you could order for the pro or le.

#205 11 years ago

Black_Rose: Now I got something to brag about, had another late night on the Tron train and got everything dialed in and rolling. My son and I fired it up this morning and played it for the first time, the machine is awesome. What I've done thus far:

- white rubber, Cliffy protectors, playfield support brackets, light cycles, Tron mini cabinet, Flynn sign, lit recognizer, drop down bank decal, shaker motor, Flipper Fidelity speaker system, 3D translite and PBL shiny pinballs.

Plans for next week: install PIG, LEDs and apron cards.

Below is a picture of the 2D and 3D translites side by side. Overall I really like the 2D translite, it's pretty cool. Nice and crisp. If you've ordered a Tron Pro 2D don't feel bad at all that you don't have a 3D translite, the 2D definitely does the job. From time to time I'll switch em' up.

To install the light cycles on the plastics I went to Home Depot and picked up a bunch of small black rubber washers (I used the stock screws that were in the original light runner / cycle that were on the plastics). Stacked up enough so that everything fit nice and snug. Probably cost $2.

Only thing I'm finding is that the disc doesn't shoot out crazy balls like on a different Tron we've played, it's pretty tame thus far. Read somewhere about getting something to clean it, maybe that'll make a difference and I'll get more action out of it.

So far so good, two thumbs up for Tron!

MM_Xmen_Tron.JPGMM_Xmen_Tron.JPG 2D_and_3D.JPG2D_and_3D.JPG

#206 11 years ago

I like that 2d translite. Sweet set of games there. Perfect new and old to have ; )

#207 11 years ago

I picked up an Xpin blue LED DMD @ the expo. I don't even have my machine yet. The blue LEDs are so hard to find I thought I should grab one while I have the chance.

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

I picked up an Xpin blue LED DMD @ the expo. I don't even have my machine yet. The blue LEDs are so hard to find I thought I should grab one while I have the chance.

How much Ben?

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

How much Ben?

Same as Xpin's website...$329

EDIT - Website is $325, but no tax or shipping charges. Website is out of stock.

#210 11 years ago

I just recieved my blue dmd in the mail and my tron has yet to arrive as well. Tempted to put it in acdc to test out

#211 11 years ago

Sweet mod. I like the red on the ACDC. A lot brighter than the red plastic filter. Blue looks great.

#212 11 years ago

To install the light cycles on the plastics I went to Home Depot and picked up a bunch of small black rubber washers (I used the stock screws that were in the original light runner / cycle that were on the plastics). Stacked up enough so that everything fit nice and snug. Probably cost $2

How did you go about wiring the cycles up .. I Trade'd my New Hallmark cycles for another Pair that were supposedly mod'd and wired , They barely Glow . I have each soldiered to a different GI.

I asked for a Refund , lOOk @ my Original Light cycles in my hand w/ the batteries in . Glowing !!
Sc1f1 has instructed to take out the spring and sand each side where the round batteries touch , and soldier a wire onto each and run them to the 5v.. I'm Gonna Try it ..

Any Objection's ?

Tron_Hallmark_cycles_001.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_001.JPG Tron_Hallmark_cycles_004.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_004.JPG

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

SiFi has instructed to take out the spring and sand each side where the round batteries touch , and soldier a wire onto each and run them to the 5v..

That's exactly what you need to do. With the spring I just used a pair of small wire cutters and cut out as much as I could, quick and easy to do. Also drill a small hole in the bottom of the battery cover so you can run the wires through.

Thanks for returning my call, we had some company over tonight for pinball and a few beer (missed your call). I'll give you a call tomorrow during the day.

#214 11 years ago

Thanxx a Bunch Buckles !!!!!!! I'll be Finish-n up a Bathroom i tiled this evening ,, call me around 3p East Coast tyme !! Later ...

#215 11 years ago

I wouldn't steer you wrong BR

#216 11 years ago

Black_Rose: Nice talking with you today, thanks for the information on the LEDs, most appreciated. If you weren't 3,000 miles away I'd swing by tonight and help you get those light cycles all set up.

As I mentioned, below is a close up picture of my light cycles. You'll see that I used a few of the black plastic spacers that were on the stock figures, and I also put in some black rubber washers that I got from Home Depot (see the picture, they are a bit smaller than a dime). I notched them off where they attached to the light cycle so they would fit nice and snug. I would have used all rubber washers but I didn't buy enough (but it looks just fine the way it is, you can only tell that I used those plastic spacers when you look at them very close). Next time I take the light cycles off I'll switch out the hard plastic spacers and put in the rubber ones.

They fit nice and tight on the plastic and don't move at all.

light_cycles.JPGlight_cycles.JPG rubber_washer.JPGrubber_washer.JPG

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

They fit nice and tight on the plastic and don't move at all.

Buckles, how exactly did you attach your Light Cycles to the plastics? Did you drill an extra hole in each of the plastics?

#218 11 years ago

Drilling ,,,,, Yes !! I had to w/ the Dull Hallmark cycles.. I'll see if I can get this Done 2-nite ,, I have to run to Zaxby's and give an estimate on Re-Grouting their Kitchen .. Till Then ,, B_R

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Buckles, how exactly did you attach your Light Cycles to the plastics? Did you drill an extra hole in each of the plastics?

I drilled two new holes in each of the plastics (I tried using the existing holes but the light cycles just didn't look centered on the plastics that way). Drilling two new holes let me put them exactly where I wanted to.

You'll see that the holes on the Tron light cycle are pretty close together and on Clu they are a bit farther apart.

Once the light cycles are mounted you don't even notice the other pre drilled holes on them.

#220 11 years ago

I took a slightly different approach when mounting my Hallmark bikes. I wanted to reuse the holes in the plastics but that put the lightcycles too close to each other if mounted in the traditional way (screwing into the middle of the underside of the bike), not to mention one would be way off centre. So I came up with a variation of my own.
I decided to mount Flynn's bike using only one of the original screws. It goes through the left hole in the plastic and one of the original black spacers and into the middle of the battery cover. The wiring goes out through a second hole in the cover and through the existing right hole in the plastic. That puts the bike near the right edge of the plastic, a little off centre but acceptable I thought.
Clu's bike I mounted up on its rear wheel using two screws through the existing plastic holes. The wiring goes out the backside under the ramp.
It turned out to look somewhat more interactive, as if one bike is jumping the edge or avoiding the oncoming bike which is pulling a wheely. A blue led in the backboard - second from the left, and a yellow one two positions over adds some colour to the bikes before they light up.

I've yet to hook up the wires to my PIG.

IMG_1604.JPGIMG_1604.JPG

#221 11 years ago

A few more pics..

IMG_1608.JPGIMG_1608.JPG IMG_1584.JPGIMG_1584.JPG

#222 11 years ago

Here are some Clu lightcyle mounting pictures. Both holes go into the middle of the back wheel, right into the split. The hole has to be piloted large enough otherwise the screw will pry the wheel apart.

IMG_1575.JPGIMG_1575.JPG IMG_1576.JPGIMG_1576.JPG IMG_1589.JPGIMG_1589.JPG

#223 11 years ago

Superjackpot ,, I like Yr idea .. I'm getting ready to take the DOA cycles off and work on my Good 1's .. You have just put some ideas in my Head ..

ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#224 11 years ago

Thanks Black_Rose. I can't wait to see what you do!

#225 11 years ago

I have a video Up-loading Now on You_Tube .. I Hope you guy's don't get DIZZY !!

I explained and showed What Led's i used and Where ..

Dizzy.gifDizzy.gif

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I have a video Up-loading Now on You_Tube .. I Hope you guy's don't get DIZZY !!
I explained and showed What Led i used and Where ..

Famous BR camera work. Better take ur motion sickness meds, people.

#227 11 years ago

You guys doing full plastic protector kits or just PETG washers in certain areas? Waiting for my Cliffy set before I put any games on mine.

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

I took a slightly different approach when mounting my Hallmark bikes.

Superjackpot - that's cool how you mounted the bikes, as you mention a bit different and I think it looks great. Nice!!!!

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You guys doing full plastic protector kits or just PETG washers in certain areas? Waiting for my Cliffy set before I put any games on mine.

I did the Full Dress up Kit on mine .. I have the Cliffy kit All installed except for the kick out hole

Tron_colored_Plastic_Protector_s_001.JPGTron_colored_Plastic_Protector_s_001.JPG Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_003.JPGTron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_003.JPG

#230 11 years ago

Looks good.

#231 11 years ago

Here's a video i shot 2-nite ,, I'm Moving kinda Quick !!! Remember ,, CoinTaker Led's Rule !!!

#232 11 years ago

Looking good BR

#233 11 years ago

That set is crap. For most wood screws you will use on a pinball, that drill stop set doesn't have a stop SMALL ENOUGH to fit on the freakin' bit. I couldn't find a use for them while working on my Space Shuttle pf....they won't fit on the bit I'm using to make pilot holes...it's too small, and any larger bit would be too big for purpose.

#234 11 years ago

I personally don't use them. A bit of tape on the bit is enough for me, I'm not worried about slipping and going too far.

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I personally don't use them. A bit of tape on the bit is enough for me, I'm not worried about slipping and going too far.

Yeah.... I was doing good on my Shuttle swap until I hit a patch of soft wood or my brain went stupid. Right through the PF, with about a quarter of the push on the drill that I was using on the last 100 holes..unfortunately it only takes 1 in 100 error to screw it up.

Thankfully, it's very small, and in a place where it will be extremely easy touchup. Oh well. My PF was going to have to be re-cleared at some point in the future anyways.

#236 11 years ago

looks good br. enjoy it while you have it.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

looks good br. enjoy it while you have it.

While I have it ,, I hear ya.. Tron will be around a while !!

#238 11 years ago

Mirror blades finally installed
Sorry about the blurry pix I didn't noticed my lens was smudge until I was done

IMG_2516.JPGIMG_2516.JPG IMG_2517.JPGIMG_2517.JPG IMG_2518.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

#239 11 years ago

Why does there have to be so many great mods for this game... If just once I could be satisfied with stock....

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's a video i shot 2-nite

Thanks for posting the video Black_Rose, that definitely gives me some ideas for the LEDs.

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Thanks for posting the video Black_Rose, that definitely gives me some ideas for the LEDs.

Me too. Thanks, BR. I have some single LED and double LED cool whites I'm gonna test with. I have them left from changing the ACDC over to warm white LEDs.

#242 11 years ago

Sc1f1 , What type of 44 Led's did you use for the 6 Blues on the B/board ?

They Look like CoinTaker Frosted's , Are they from their Newest Batch or over a month old ?

Which ever they are , they Don't Over Power like PBL's F'ing Brites do that I have ...

I like the Red's under the Left side also .. I'll be Play-n w/ my Tron some More !! Good Job .

#243 11 years ago

Greetings, programs! Unboxed it today.

Tron.jpgTron.jpg

#244 11 years ago

BR I know you and CT are tight but I don't use them. All my LEDs are No Flix Plus they are the only LED I use now. Love how they looked in my TSPP so I tried them in Tron inserts and went GI too

My favorite LEDs so far. About to order some for SM

#245 11 years ago

jayhawkai, you have an interesting house.

#246 11 years ago

BR I know you and CT are tight but I don't use them. All my LEDs are No Flix Plus they are the only LED I use now. Love how they looked in my TSPP so I tried them in Tron inserts and went GI too
My favorite LEDs so far. About to order some for SM

Noth-n Wrong w/ that .. I did the the Required work needed on my Light-cycles last-nite . Did the snipping and soldering and wiring & installing . Took me about 2hrs ..

superJackpot , I liked the way you had Clu do-n a wheely , so I went w/ that .. I added a drop of Super-Glue to the Power button on Both cycles and pushed a Thumb tack down the side of the button and left it them there over-nite .. Work's & lOOk's Great !!

Thanxx for the Tech- advice Guy's ..... I've had Tron almost 3-week's ( still under 85 play's )
Work-n some @ nite , and Just mod-n Takes tyme from Play-n .. Still wait-n on a few More mods.

Tron_Hallmark_cycles_007.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_007.JPG Tron_Hallmark_cycles_008.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_008.JPG Tron_Hallmark_cycles_009.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_009.JPG Tron_Hallmark_cycles_014.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_014.JPG Tron_Hallmark_cycles_017.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_017.JPG Tron_Hallmark_cycles_019.JPGTron_Hallmark_cycles_019.JPG

#247 11 years ago

he shoots, he scores! keep it up BR.

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

jayhawkai, you have an interesting house.

Stylistically, Indiana Jones fit in next to the Tomb, but I wasn't playing it much.

#249 11 years ago

sorry guys i am noob...where can i find the cliffy protectors to purchase for this game? also the tron arcade mod...seems to be out of stock, and light up ramp mod...which is best and where can i find it?

#250 11 years ago

Cliffy Portector: www.passionforpinball.com/

The ramp mod is not out yet.

Search the site for the Tron Arcade there are several threads

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.