IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_0557-939.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Your Tron looks really sweet…
I just ordered the black flippers with colored rubbers.

Thank you sir... Thanks for the Arcade mod and a couple recommendations like the play field support brackets and etc.

#102 11 years ago

Disabling the pop-up post for skill shot does not disable it for super pops. It only comes up for super pops with it disabled. I have mine disabled, but it still comes up for super pops.

As mentioned, the 'true' skill shot is plunging the Gem switch. That is money if you can get it down, and helps complete Gem much sooner/easier.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Don't forget mirror blades and Invisiglass...

Don't forget to install plastic protectors UNDER the plastics, not OVER.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't forget to install plastic protectors UNDER the plastics, not OVER.

#105 11 years ago

I have many of the Mods listed. But I also found this Keychain on Amazon.com. I thought it fit perfectly.

Tronkey1.jpgTronkey1.jpg Tronkey2.jpgTronkey2.jpg

#106 11 years ago

I like them over better so there!

#107 11 years ago

Way back in July 2011 (I think I was the first to get a Tron LE!) I did the mods as seen in this vid:

Since then have added (should make a new vid..):
-Arcade game mod with Screen
-Coloured GI LEDs
-Neon Recognizer topper
-Oval neon circles (instead of round) on left side of cabinet to match the different perspective on that side
-more that I can't remember right now...

Its amazing how much new cool stuff you guys are puting on this game!

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Way back in July 2011 (I think I was the first to get a TRON LE!) I did the mods as seen in this vid:

Cool mods. You have some stuff I have never seen before.
I really like this post.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

: o
I bet google led me astray. Said Cliffy Protector. When I get home I will look for it.
Is Cliff Rinear someone else?

heh heh heh Google took you to my as-yet unfinished shopping cart site, I'll bet. Cliffysprotectors.com right? Yeah. Ooops. Gotta finish that one of these years

#110 11 years ago

That's the one!

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from tekhmaster:

I have many of the Mods listed. But I also found this Keychain on Amazon.com. I thought it fit perfectly.

Is there a Tron Key-chain in the goodie bag ? I hate to even open it ... I want a Key bob tho ..

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Is there a Tron Key-chain in the goodie bag ? I hate to even open it ... I want a Key bob tho ..

There is one.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Is there a Tron Key-chain in the goodie bag

yup, 2 of 'em they look kinda like little license plates

#114 11 years ago

I added another Link to the 1st Post for Pinside member ( Tekman ) He sell's the Best Anti-rattle tape that I've ever used !! Really Not a Link , Just PM him if you need some .. I installed the FF 3-piece Speaker Up-grade and my p/f glass rattled BAD .. It's Silent now .. I Double layered the Tape on Each side of the Top of the Glass .. Snug as a Bug in a Rug !! Only $ 7.00 ship'd !!

I'm also installing my colored Pinbits Dress-up protector plastic's , ( under the Original's ) I had to lOOk at other's too. I like them.. My Recognizer plastic is designed for the LE , so i'll have to drill a few Holes to make it match .. Tron is a Cool Azz pin !!!

Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_001.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_001.JPG Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_002.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_002.JPG Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_003.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_003.JPG Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_004.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_004.JPG Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_012.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_012.JPG Tron_-Protector_colored_plastics_006.JPGTron_-Protector_colored_plastics_006.JPG

#115 11 years ago

That does look ok. The last pic I saw they were washed out. Ok maybe I will put them under : )

#116 11 years ago

you guys need the stevedave coin door insert

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

you guys need the stevedave coin door insert

I Need to Slow down and Stop spend-n $$ ..... Hmmm , What's Next for Tron ,,

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Need to Slow down and Stop spend-n $$ ..... Hmmm , What's Next for Tron ,,

its FREE B_R.. unlike most things in pinball .. well i guess it cost some paper and ink

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxfIenA1e2fNdXZ4OWdFeERWUWs/edit

#119 11 years ago

I almost put some in when I swapping out my reject buttons to blue. I'm impatient and my printer was being a PITA so I said screw it and left the stock ones in.

#120 11 years ago

Topper mount is done

#121 11 years ago

Here's a key chain I made using the mini arcade cabinet that Target was selling a while back.

SAM_0988.JPGSAM_0988.JPG

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I almost put some in when I swapping out my reject buttons to blue. I'm impatient and my printer was being a PITA so I said screw it and left the stock ones in.

Where do you buy the blue reject buttons?

#123 11 years ago

How pretty!!!

#124 11 years ago

Only things I haven't seen are my decal and colored hex nuts

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Where do you buy the blue reject buttons?

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=171_175&products_id=1094

Says they are no longer made they have the last ones

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 11 years ago

That's ridiculous they said it would cost $42 to ship to aus.. Anyone want to buy them and ship them to me and I will give them the money ?

#127 11 years ago

Thanks for the info. I just ordered some..really nice looking.

#128 11 years ago

Below are just some of the things that I'll be putting in the machine. Big thanks to Kim at kimballspinballs for making me a splitter and wiring harness for the light cycles, made it simple to plug into the 5V service outlet (and also into the PIG which is on the way). I'm also sending him the 2D translite so he can build a backbox LED kit for it, looking forward to seeing that.

Machine arrived today and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait. Let the fun begin! Tron.JPGTron.JPG

#129 11 years ago

Buckles , Where did you get Yr Mod'd Lighted Recognizer at ? lOOks Cool !!

#130 11 years ago

And if the GEM shot's being impossible to get following a right loop shot (it vary's from game to game apparently), you might like to try this free mod... all you need ius a blade from a jig saw and it's done! (curious to see how many thumbs down I can get from this ). It's not a looks improver, just a gameplay improver...

Original_hole.JPGOriginal_hole.JPG modifying_the_hole.JPGmodifying_the_hole.JPG New_hole.JPGNew_hole.JPG Original_showing_reduced_space_to_get_.jpgOriginal_showing_reduced_space_to_get_.jpg Re-positioned_target_from_under_pf.JPGRe-positioned_target_from_under_pf.JPG New_look_pf.JPGNew_look_pf.JPG

#131 11 years ago

Mmmm, last pic won't come out... try again...

Tron_mod_final_showing_improved_ball_p.jpgTron_mod_final_showing_improved_ball_p.jpg

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Only things I haven't seen are my decal and colored hex nuts

You could also Paint the Leg bolts Tron Blue as well .. I might !! Has Krossed my mind .

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You could also Paint the Leg bolts Tron Blue as well .. I might !! Has Krossed my mind .

Won't the paint come off as you tighten up the bolts? I guess you could paint them after the legs are on...

#134 11 years ago

Omg, did you really gnaw up that hole like that? With a saw on a pocket knife?

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Omg, did you really gnaw up that hole like that? With a saw on a pocket knife?

You mean precision cut Yes sir... it was actually a blade from a jig-saw, not a pocket knife, although I'm sure that would do the same job... It worked a treat, and the next game I played I shot the ball all the way round the back by holding the left flipper in and plunging hard... took a shot at Gem and hit it first shot!! I couldn't believe it... the game opened up after that... it was a breath of fresh air!

#136 11 years ago

There is no way I would saw my playfield and turn that stand up to make it easier!! I can make the GEM shot without hacking the playfield and this is a LE

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Thanks for the info. I just ordered some..really nice looking.

No problem... I'm giving up all my one off secrets I was going to be a loner

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Buckles , Where did you get Yr Mod'd Lighted Recognizer at ? lOOks Cool !!

He got it from Kim, that's we're mine came from.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

You mean precision cut Yes sir... it was actually a blade from a jig-saw, not a pocket knife, although I'm sure that would do the same job... It worked a treat, and the next game I played I shot the ball all the way round the back by holding the left flipper in and plunging hard... took a shot at Gem and hit it first shot!! I couldn't believe it... the game opened up after that... it was a breath of fresh air!

I would recommend instead learning how to make the Gem shot.

The trick is to shoot Quorra, then when the ball is coming down the left orbit lane just above the flipper, you nudge the game to the right to push the ball away from the left wall/flipper. Then you make the Gem shot with that upper flipper. Practice this move to get the timing right. This technique has completely opened up the game for me and made Gem achievable.

Also, work on plunging Gem.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Mmmm, last pic won't come out... try again...

Wow, I can't believe u cut into the play field. It being an LE you couldn't do a bank shot. Cold you really never make it with the upper flipper?

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Wow, I can't believe u cut into the play field. It being an LE you couldn't do a bank shot. Cold you really never make it with the upper flipper?

I have an LE and I can make the bank shot to GEM.

I tend to aim between the O and the N target with the targets down.

I cannot make it 100% of the time, but I can deliberately make the shot when I attempt it.

Marcus

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

There is no way I would saw my playfield and turn that stand up to make it easier!! I can make the GEM shot without hacking the playfield

Good for you

Quoted from ChadH:

The trick is to shoot Quorra, then when the ball is coming down the left orbit lane just above the flipper, you nudge the game to the right to push the ball away from the left wall/flipper. Then you make the Gem shot with that upper flipper. Practice this move to get the timing right. This technique has completely opened up the game for me and made Gem achievable.

Also, work on plunging Gem.

I understand that tricks to get Gem are possible, and I was also falling into the habbit of trying to get a Gem trigger from the plunger, but my firm belief is that this wasn't how the designer intended the game to be played... nudging tricks and plunger 'skill shots'... also rebounds off the TRON targets can get Gem, even on the LE... My firm belief is that Stern messed up on the 'U' target location, but were too far down the road to fix it... I just did it myself, that's all...

Quoted from ChadNC:

Cold you really never make it with the upper flipper?

Only when the ball was at very low speed over the flipper, like coming on there from a rising ball... never from a right loop or a decent Quorra shot...

I get that people don't like the idea of cutting into a playfield, but I don't regret doing it one bit, it was so much more rewarding to play the game as I feel it was intended and not have to use tricks to get that shot...

Not for everyone I know because people are generally too concerned about re-sale price and see a playfield hack as de-valuing...

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's a key chain I made using the mini arcade cabinet that Target was selling a while back.

Great idea. I have that toy as well but never thought to use it as a Keychain.

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

He got it from Kim, that's we're mine came from.

Ok Thanxx ,, Who is Kim ? Do you have a Link to where it can be Purchased ?

#145 11 years ago

"Ok Thanxx ,, Who is Kim ? Do you have a Link to where it can be Purchased ?"
kimballspinballs.com

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Ok Thanxx ,, Who is Kim ? Do you have a Link to where it can be Purchased ?

Yea Mark, It's www.kimballspinball.com The same guy we were talking about that keeps winning awards at the Texas show for modded pins. Great mod, you'll like it

#147 11 years ago

Thanxx , Here's the Link for the other's !!!!!! http://www.kimballspinballs.com/

#148 11 years ago

I don't think it was an error at all... but if you're happy with it it's your machine

#149 11 years ago

You got it Blackrose, the recognizer is from kimballspinballs and it's definitely one cool mod. You can get it with either white or blue lights shining down, I went with the blue.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Below are just some of the things that I'll be putting in the machine. Big thanks to Kim at kimballspinballs for making me a splitter and wiring harness for the light cycles, made it simple to plug into the 5V service outlet (and also into the PIG which is on the way). I'm also sending him the 2D translite so he can build a backbox LED kit for it, looking forward to seeing that.
Machine arrived today and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait. Let the fun begin!

I just built/installled a really cool backbox LED board for the 2-D version, featuring colour changing back ground and flashers.... the yellow/orange on CLU is awesome! I will try and post a video soon. Very happy with how it turned out. I haven't had much time to mess around with other stuff as I just received the game a week ago... but so far I have only added the Hallmark cycles, EL ramp wires, and re-rubbered the game with white rubber.

I'm still looking to add the Mini Arcade machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.