IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_0557-939.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

anywhere else to get blue spin dmd...sold out everywhere

Did you ask Borygard on Pinside here? His name is Rob Anthony. He sells the Xpin displays I believe.

#552 11 years ago

OMG, i have the same problem and my decal has torn. I thought i was doing something magically wrong,.............. On the inside the bolt that secures the door is also scrapping the lock down bar as well. I think this is the culprit that is causing the damage to cabinet.

I have been sending emails to Stern about all the issues i have had with NIB Tron. I have two wear marks on my Play field. One at the shooter lane and one under the pop bummers. Two damaged areas on my cabinet (they have sent me a replacement for my left side back box). I have owned my Tron for three weeks now with roughly 200-300 plays.

Quoted from DocRotCod:

I've had my Pro for about a month now and have noticed something I would like for you all to check on your machines. The lock bar on my Pro is starting to push the decal down on the right side in several areas and in one spot even wore a small hole. Is this normal for a Stern with decals and cheapo lock bar with latches? It's just so tight on the right side.

IMG_0125[1].JPGIMG_0125[1].JPG IMG_0122[1].JPGIMG_0122[1].JPG

#553 11 years ago

I am installing these tonight, they look really well done.

#554 11 years ago

Sarconus,

That sucks man. I did what another pinsider here suggested and bent the latch back a bit and it fits much looser now. However, damage has been done. What should we do about this?

#555 11 years ago

My TRON LE sports:

Custom pops with Disc Battle figures
2nd gen Arcade mod
Backbox LEDs
Pinballlife topper w/TRON logo added
Topper Light Cycle and Light Jet
Undercab blue lighting
Invisiglass
Shaker
Fluorescent plastics protectors

Sure I forgot something. Gotta get around to adding the Hallmark Light Cycles
I already bought, and lighting the Recognizer.

(Old video, before second Arcade upgrade)

#556 11 years ago
Quoted from sarconus:

I have been sending emails to Stern about all the issues i have had with NIB Tron. I have two wear marks on my Play field. One at the shooter lane and one under the pop bummers. Two damaged areas on my cabinet (they have sent me a replacement for my left side back box). I have owned my Tron for three weeks now with roughly 200-300 plays

Damn that sucks. I have a Stern NASCAR with thousands of plays, and it doesn't have wear anywhere near like that.

#557 11 years ago

Pinball life sells the better lockdown bar and lock mech. I would upgrade that now. Easier to get glass off too.

#558 11 years ago

I've got decal damage in the exact same place on my game, as well. Little bits of black paint off the corners, and a decal tear in the same place on the right side.

I suspect that Stern will make it right, I just haven't made the call yet.

-Cyan

1 week later
#559 11 years ago

I've just put a new LE style apron in our Tron Pro (opened a new thread but also thought I'd post it here as I know a lot of us Tron folks are following this thread and it's a great resource):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-my-new-tron-le-style-apron-check-it-out#post-606426

#560 11 years ago

Installed my recognizers the other day.

IMG_0231.JPGIMG_0231.JPG IMG_0232.JPGIMG_0232.JPG

I thought the left side of the machine looked a little sparse so i added another recognizer to the order and installed it on the ramp. It even lights up the upper flipper area as well, bonus!

Led's and maybe a blue DMD and i think i am done, well the ramp lights of course but not sure when they will be ready. Really happy with how it came out and loving playing it.

#561 11 years ago

I'm marking this thread for reference

#562 11 years ago

I added the xpin blue DMD to mine, and took the red LED DMD from Tron and threw it in Iron Man.

tron_im.jpgtron_im.jpg

2 weeks later
#563 11 years ago
Quoted from Cyan:

I've got decal damage in the exact same place on my game, as well. Little bits of black paint off the corners, and a decal tear in the same place on the right side.
I suspect that Stern will make it right, I just haven't made the call yet.
-Cyan

what was the outcome on the damage? On the new tron run should I order the lockdown bar from pinball life to prevent this damage?

#564 11 years ago

I added the light runner, and punched it up a little with some blue EL. I built a Castor with an EL cane anyway (idea credited to pinsider "Hooked"), so running another lead to the light runner was pretty easy.

#565 11 years ago

Photo didn't attach to previous post for some reason.

photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG

1 month later
#566 11 years ago

so much awesome stuff in this thread.. it was hard enough to save up for a nib.. now I must have all this cool extra stuff

#567 11 years ago

I am loving this thread! You guys are installing some great mods. Keep the pictures coming!

#568 11 years ago

so what would be the best order for pro upgrades, the speaker/sub upgrade or shaker first, or something else..

#569 11 years ago

That looks very cool.

#570 11 years ago

Forgot that I said I would post a picture of these earlier in this thread.
These are the mirror blue flipper bats from Pinball Decals with orange rubber.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#571 11 years ago

The new 2.0 mod is AWESOME, but i can never leave well enough alone

What i did:

1. Cut a new piece of black plastic from an old CD case to make the front panel longer. Looks more like a real game now and the coin door is more off centered.

2. Applied textured black decals to give it more of an arcade cabinet look instead of gloss black

3. Printed new side art the correct dimensions

4. Printed new coin door decal

5. Cut down the bottom of the joystick so it wouldn't stick out as much.

6. Added a supe tiny TRON decal to the joystick

7. Made a spinner with a slice of a spear from a LOTR figure, then applied new decal

Screen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.15_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.15_PM.png Screen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.27_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.27_PM.png Screen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.38_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.38_PM.png Screen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.46_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.46_PM.png Screen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.52_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-03-17_at_7.00.52_PM.png

#572 11 years ago

Added some custom cut acrylic toppers to my Pro. I don't normally do toppers, but thought these were cool. I need to light them somehow in the future.

IMG_20130320_203226.jpgIMG_20130320_203226.jpg

2 weeks later
#573 11 years ago

Flipper bats

image.jpgimage.jpg

#574 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Forgot that I said I would post a picture of these earlier in this thread.
These are the mirror blue flipper bats from Pinball Decals with orange rubber.

Wicked cool.

When you click to buy the mirror flipper bat, is it for one or two?

#575 11 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Wicked cool.

Don't forget, you need three.

#577 11 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Wicked cool.

Yes, 3. Same also for the rubber if you are doing that as well. I liked them enough to get the mirror purple for my ToTAN too.

#578 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Yes, 3. Same also for the rubber if you are doing that as well. I liked them enough to get the mirror purple for my ToTAN too.

Just a cool look. Thanks for the idea, ordering now

#579 11 years ago

Added the Blue display. I really like it.

// Error: Image 88508 not found // // Error: Image 88509 not found //

#580 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Added the Blue display. I really like it.

Where do you get this blue display? Also, stupid question....exactly where and which blue LED flipper buttons fit Tron? Someone told me a while ago....I forgot what they told me.

3 months later
#581 10 years ago
Quoted from sarconus:

OMG, i have the same problem and my decal has torn. I thought i was doing something magically wrong,.............. On the inside the bolt that secures the door is also scrapping the lock down bar as well. I think this is the culprit that is causing the damage to cabinet.
I have been sending emails to Stern about all the issues i have had with NIB Tron. I have two wear marks on my Play field. One at the shooter lane and one under the pop bummers. Two damaged areas on my cabinet (they have sent me a replacement for my left side back box). I have owned my Tron for three weeks now with roughly 200-300 plays.

Some folks have bent the lockdown latch with luck, I still had it pulling into the decal on mine after trying that. I ended up laying the lockdown bar upside down on the floor, covered the lip in a thick towel, and then used pliers to just ever so slightly bend the lip away from the cabinet. I proceeded down the whole lip to make it look uniform, you can't tell with it installed/uninstalled that it was done. Installed, I have a nice, uniform gap the entire length now similar to my Spiderman lockdown bar. If you go this route, it only takes very slight pressure to move the lip outwards a bit. image.jpgimage.jpg

Post edited by MrKegFlex : Added pic showing adjusted gap

6 months later
#582 10 years ago

Anyone with a modded LE ready to sell?

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from sarconus:

IMG_0125[1].JPG 247 KB

IMG_0122[1].JPG 227 KB

There is a QUICK and EASY fix for this. My NIB Tron also had a way-too-tight lock bar, so I had my distributor contact Stern. Apparently a number of Trons had one too many screws installed on the receiver. Remove the screw and problem solved! No need to bend the bar, or get a new bar & receiver. Literally a 10 second fix. Here's the screw that needs to come out.

p.s. PM me if you want a replacement front cabinet decal. I have an NOS one.

FRONT MOLDING LOCKDOWN SCREW.jpgFRONT MOLDING LOCKDOWN SCREW.jpg

4 months later
#584 9 years ago

Love this thread, ordered some Recognizer decal sets!

Post edited by MadocOwain: People already know what the retractable posts are for!

#585 9 years ago

I love this thread!! I need a Tron ASAP! !

2 months later
#586 9 years ago

Bump , 4 some New member's that have a Tron pro .. Tons of mod's ( w/ links ) N this thread

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Bump , 4 some New member's that have a Tron pro .. Tons of mod's ( w/ links ) N this thread

Just got mine like 2 weeks ago!

Can't wait to get more mods!!! I have a great custom idea in my head for the topper...just need to find time to wire it up.

1 week later
#588 9 years ago

jasonbar said:
#3: I finally got around to looking at this wiring this weekend. I wired my recognizer & light cycles "wrong" before, by tying them in to the 2 lamp matrix wires.
After looking more closely, I saw that the Stern factory insert socket has 3 tabs on its underside, an internal diode, & 2 of those 3 tabs are shorted to the 2 contacts on the factory insert bulb.
So, I undid the 2 wires & rewired them as shown in my PDF. Now, the bonus mod LEDs are perfectly synced w/ the insert LEDs. Thanks, Frax!
-Jason

I'm not electronics expert so found this interesting... I had wired an extra green flex LED to my FLYNNS ARCADE SCOOP previously just by jamming the wires into the light socket so that the scoop would be lit green when the SCOOP was available. For the longest time i couldn't figure out why I couldn't just split off the wires but that is of course because of the diode.
1) Could someone explain what the function of the diode on an insert bulb socket does/is is basic terms for someone who only had basic college physics
2) How could one tap into another socket as in Jason's post of the recognizer mod and add other lights/mods that would light according to a mode either being available or active? Does someone have a picture of how to wire this/attach this as I'm a little baffled how you can still keep the light socket intact yet split off an additional bulb from this.

recognizer.jpgrecognizer.jpg LED 1.jpgLED 1.jpg LED 2.jpgLED 2.jpg
#589 9 years ago

Is the recognizer that is factory installed in the pinball the same as one of these? Has anyone used one of these for additional mods?

http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Series-Vehicle-Recognizer/dp/B0042WJVVQ/ref=sr_1_2

http://www.amazon.com/2010-Tron-Legacy-Die-cast-Recognizer/dp/B004HIVAI2/ref=sr_1_8

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is the recognizer that is factory installed in the pinball the same as one of these? Has anyone used one of these for additional mods?
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Exactly the same. The ones from Stern have screw holes tapped into the metal legs though, so if you use non-factory toy to mod, you'll have to do that yourself.

#591 9 years ago

Where/how have people mounted their PIG2 inside the TRON cabinet? If possible can someone send a picture of the position that seems to work well?

#592 9 years ago

dbl post. delete if needed

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Where/how have people mounted their PIG2 inside the TRON cabinet? If possible can someone send a picture of the position that seems to work well?

I have mine mounted in the right side of the cabinet opposite the shaker motor control board.

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I have mine mounted in the right side of the cabinet opposite the shaker motor control board.

Did you just use a few screws and of so did you predrill? Could you possibly post a picture?

#595 9 years ago

How have people connected their mods to their PIG2? I'm curious as to:
1) how did you physically connected the wires from the PIG2 to the corresponding insert light socket?
2) what settings are you using for your different mods? (ie did you hook up your Hallmark lightcycles to your lightcycle inserts, your recognizer to the recognizer insert, Quorra car to the Quorra lane or to the Quorra multiball, etc)

#596 9 years ago

Wanted to post this new mod, came out last week. Here's the thread for the illuminated 3 target drop bank.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-illuminated-drop-target-bank-by-mezelmods

#597 9 years ago

Added a couple of vehicles today--game almost looks like it was made for them. I prefer the smaller scale of the originals (in case there are any musings about the Hallmark mod...). Your mileage may vary!

IMG_0544.JPGIMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0547.JPGIMG_0547.JPG
#598 9 years ago

Just received my PIG2 and at the rate I'm considering adding mods with this flexibility, I might need another!
I'm wondering if anyone has used their PIG2 to control their speaker grill LEDs. I'm considering using a pulsing effect for a fading in and out blue (remember when ROM was starting to fade in the recognizer and talking to Flynn as he was "dying"?)

#599 9 years ago

I really didn't like the chrome backbox trim, it doesn't match anything (at least on the Pro) and draws attention. I cut new trim from a black roll, and fixed the other thing I did not like about the factory trim--how it was applied. The top and bottom rails should run all the way through with the sides fitted in-between--which is how I cut the new trim. I like it!

IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPGIMG_0552.JPG IMG_0557-939.JPGIMG_0557-939.JPG
#600 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I really didn't like the chrome backbox trim, it doesn't match anything (at least on the Pro) and draws attention. I cut new trim from a black roll, and fixed the other thing I did not like about the factory trim--how it was applied. The top and bottom rails should run all the way through with the sides fitted in-between--which is how I cut the new trim. I like it!

EXCELLENT mod to the backbox. I like this so much, I can't look at the chrome any longer on mine and convince myself it looks right. Gonna swap mine out as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 614 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.