Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TavaLee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron_Protectors.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I know; Tronside, er Pinside, really needs another Tron post but.......... I want to give thanks and Props to several members who made some of the Tron Mods and let others know that these are easy to install (I have zero technical skills) and really enhance the game a lot. Each Mod was pretty much plug and play and required no tools beyond screwdriver, socket wrench etc.

Thanks to:

Kimball's Pinballs Tron Recognizer Light Mod Fantastic!

DK Pinball Flynn Sign Looks great!

Brian Hawkins
    (doctorquest on RGP) Arcade Cab, v2 Outstanding! Way better than stock

Cliffy Ramp Protectors Peace of mind, must have

Mantis Scoop Protector More peace of mind!

Little Shop of
    Games Plastics Protectors Translucent protectors are very cool!

So, Thanks Guys -- lucky to have you in the pin world.

(No, I did not add speakers or shaker or do the full LED treatment. Maybe someday.....)

#2 11 years ago

Oops -- forgot to include pinball_customs for the Recognizer Bank Decal. Perfectly integrated and winner of the easiest installation award! Looks great! Thanks.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks Jeremy! I'd lost track of who originally designed it. Great mod. The stock one was a bit cheesy looking.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

marksf123 said:Flynn Sign (want to play a few games and get feedback if this blocks the playfield)
    It does not block the playfield.

The Flynn sign is really great. Doesn't block anything and Just adds to the great visuals on this pin. The LSoG protector that goes under the stock Flynn plastic is orange and really glows when the flasher goes off. I left the original Flynn plastic there as it all seemed to work together well. Enjoy it. Great game.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Shadow said:The LSoG protector that goes under the stock Flynn plastic is orange and really glows when the flasher goes off. I left the original Flynn plastic there as it all seemed to work together well. Enjoy it. Great game.
    Can we see some pics? Im wondering how the LSoG protectors compare to the pinbits ones.

This is not my machine but they're in this video which was posted by another pinsider to show his arcade mod:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8rqrwU-rpRk?autoplay=1&rel=0

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

marksf123 said:I always buy pinbits stuff (great service and products) but when I saw those orange protectors I could not pass those up.

It seems like the pinbits plastic protectors has 12 pieces (does not have the two round ones) where the LSoG set has 11 (two of them being round).

I did not install those three round ones -- they're for the pop bumpers. Think they will need longer screws than stock due to added thickness of protectors. But they don't seem at risk to me anyway

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

Thanks for the "list" of TRON mods.
    Are there any others that are not listed above ??

Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade and back box kits, shaker motor, Lazeriffic topper, LED kits, 3" action figures, Hallmark light cycles to replace stock -- sky's the limit on this pin. I did not do any of these but there are many posts in here re them. Click on the now large Tron tag on the left side of the forum page and you can see all the Tron posts. I've been trying to tag them as they come up

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from gamestencils:

Purely on their protective value, i think the kits are on equal footing. Both cover the areas prone to ball impact. But when you light the colors up, it's a whole different Grid

The colors really do look great and fit the theme well. They're worth it.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Thanks for the thanks. Making these things has been a blast. I can't wait to unveil my next two mods. They aren't for Tron but I think people will really like them.

Woodstock! Come play the collection some time here in MP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-thanks-to-mod-creators?tu=shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.