View topic image gallery

Tron1_010.jpg
Tron1_006.jpg
Tron1_001.jpg
DSC05059_-_2013-04-27_at_05-18-12.jpg
DSC05055_-_2013-04-27_at_05-17-13.jpg
DSC05054_-_2013-04-27_at_05-17-00.jpg
#1 12 years ago

just wondering if anyone out there has already moded they're tron pro model? maybe some led's, a Sub, or a Shaker motor yet? i've got my shaker on order, really thinking about adding the sub...thoughts anyone? also, i feel the need for an led kit as well. it is TRON you know..lots of blue's, red's, and oranges...lol i guess i could have bought the le model..but were is the fun in that? nothing like going through your entire machine and adding goodies!

i know its still early, but i figure some people have already been modifying their new machine?

#2 12 years ago

After seeing the game in person, I think the Tron arcade game over the scoop is just begging for an upgrade. It's the one thing on the playfield that just doesn't look very good.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After seeing the game in person, I think the Tron arcade game over the scoop is just begging for an upgrade. It's the one thing on the playfield that just doesn't look very good.

really? it doesn't have any bulbs under/around it? or it's just kind of 'bland'? i thought it looked like a cool toy..i still haven't seen it up close yet though. i'm sure stern will make an aftermarket one for 65$ lol. it should have a black light blue like the original arcade game..too bad

#4 12 years ago

GAP will we doing a Electric Sea Green powder coated trim kit for the Pro model. Keep you eyes peeled in the net few weeks... It will not be Blue. Too too much blue on the game already.

1 month later
#5 12 years ago

I added the pinball pro sub. It sounds amazing in tron. I also did a full LED conversion of the PRO. Since you're able to use colored LEDs, the LED scheme looks way nicer than the LE version of the game. I also ordered a fiber optic light emitter and 10 meters of 21 strand fiber optic cable. I'm going to try to do the ramps like the LE model. The emitter and fiber cable was about $275.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I also did a full LED conversion of the PRO. Since you're able to use colored LEDs, the LED scheme looks way nicer than the LE version of the game ...

Interesting. This is one advantage that the PRO has over the LE that I hadn't even thought of. I bet those inserts really pop when you color match the LEDs.

1 year later
#7 10 years ago

Besides the LEDs there are some easy and cheap mods that really pop. For example, remove the hideous washers on top of the slings and replace with clear PTEG. While you're at it, change the posts completely! You will need to adjust the sling switches after......

DSC05054_-_2013-04-27_at_05-17-00.jpgDSC05054_-_2013-04-27_at_05-17-00.jpg DSC05055_-_2013-04-27_at_05-17-13.jpgDSC05055_-_2013-04-27_at_05-17-13.jpg DSC05059_-_2013-04-27_at_05-18-12.jpgDSC05059_-_2013-04-27_at_05-18-12.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Rise, RISE my children!

3 months later
#9 10 years ago

I am doing some mods on my Tron, here are some pics with 4 led 555 base in the pop caps.
I don't really like the flat plastic caps and went with a NOS set for SS I had on the shelf.
Lazer cut PC armor w/white plastic sheeting behind the cutouts.
Star posts added and spot lights modded.

Tron1_001.jpgTron1_001.jpg Tron1_006.jpgTron1_006.jpg Tron1_010.jpgTron1_010.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Flipper Fidelity Sub and speakers
External Poor Mans Sub as bonus
Fully LED'd
Pinbits kits - ALL of them
Shaker Motor
Arcade Mod (v1)
Hallmark Light Cycles
Lit Up RGB Arcade Scoop
Flipper Bat Covers
GLM Star Post for GI, Flashers, and Solenoids
Recognizer 3-Bank Sticker
Blue Start Button
Custom Score Card
3M Privacy Filter
Cliffy Arcade Scoop
Cliffy Ramp protector (3 stock - newest run, plus the real Cliffy one that was non-stock)
Cliffy In-Lane Protector (Left Side Only)
Cliffy Color Coded Posts

About 75% White Rubbered

More that I missed???

Awaiting the great Eli Curtz RGB Fiber Optics - "The game has changed - Son of Flynn!"

#11 10 years ago

EL wire for the ramps, I have that coming when it is ready my shaker will be here on Thursday.
I have to make up the socket to light the scoop and add an RCA drop for the sub.
Thanks for posting the list.

#12 10 years ago

Its interesting reading this thread started two years ago and how Tron has become The pin to mod, almost rivaling TZ. Some of the earliest comments were spot on- like the scoop arcade needing upgrading. And was it ever.
The game has proven to be a winner and Stern put it back on the line for more runs. As a result we now have many unique Trons...from rare bone-stock ones all the way up to king-of-the-bling big pimping whoseyourdaddios. Mine falls somewhere in the middle and is, what I consider, "tastefully done". Anways, the most important thing to remember here is that Gem is a babe.

#13 10 years ago

I'm surprised more people aren't doing lit star posts, Tron seems like a natural for it. I have them on my Shadow and it's a really nice effect.

#14 10 years ago

I added star post lites a while back to my LE. I used clear posts and colored flashes (not GI) hooked to the sling drives...but beware...the GLM variety are wonderful but they give a dim flash when the flippers fire too. I like 'em.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-on-pro-model-anyone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.