Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by inhomearcades
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 86 days ago

I am hoping someone here knows a little about the mini tron arcade game mods for the scoop area. I have one that is getting power because the small led that lights up the control panel and marquee area is lit but the screen never comes up. I have not taken it off the game to investigate but I did notice it seems like this was made by just glueing it all together with no access to the inside. Anyway, if anyone has any pointers that would be great. I am unsure of which version this mod is, I am not too familiar with the differences.

#2 86 days ago

Mine did that the other day I just reseated the connection and it worked again.

#3 86 days ago

Which connector are you referring to? Under the pf? If so I did that to no avail.

#4 86 days ago

I struggle with that z connector under the playfield several times a year and need to look into it again this weekend. Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue. These were rather pricey and I wish they were more resilient.

#5 86 days ago

I do not believe that is the issue since the marque and joystick area light up. I assume that if those are lighting up its getting proper voltage through that connector, no?

#6 86 days ago

The screen goes out on the mini arcade while everything else stays lit. It can take a numerous attempts of reseating that connector before it comes back on. I haven't really put much more thought to it but I probably should.

#7 86 days ago

Ya I agree I had to play with it for a while to get it to work. Then zip tied it together but as of last night the joystick light is out now.

#8 86 days ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I do not believe that is the issue since the marque and joystick area light up. I assume that if those are lighting up its getting proper voltage through that connector, no?

If i remember correctly there are multiple connectors on the TRON arcade mod.....

#9 85 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If i remember correctly there are multiple connectors on the TRON arcade mod.....

There are two that I see. One for the flasher and one for 5v power. I’ll eventually take it off and open it up. I know quite a few people used to have issues with these. It’s a great mod but could be made so much better for the price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
10,750 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside