(Topic ID: 15682)

TRON MINI ARCADE CABINET 3.1v Contact us for availability.

By pinballlooking

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 796 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tdiddy
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led2 (resized).png
led1 (resized).png
PXL_20201226_200312769 (resized).jpg
A800CCD9-FEA5-4DA2-B7EA-BE42E0B4F1A8 (resized).jpeg
BA27F889-17B2-4EFC-95D1-299811AA9E2D (resized).jpeg
4A89CCC3-214E-4CFA-8210-F5A5F4AAEF53 (resized).jpeg
6D5AF8A2-E29D-4245-8E02-5887013E6893 (resized).jpeg
259229B0-6F17-4C8A-864B-D53D68DF0442 (resized).jpeg
8AE415DE-D369-4E11-88A1-8FB7665A15B6 (resized).jpeg
DC9C32F6-2597-4056-AC74-F16A9A639451 (resized).jpeg
58EEA678-E155-47B1-8DB1-EE824829E74B (resized).jpeg
mytron (resized).jpg
IMG_7511 (resized).PNG
9.outside-512 (resized).JPG
DoT (resized).PNG
IMG_2825 (resized).JPG
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Kudos to Mark. I installed mine this afternoon. Easy to do and it looks great!!!

Thanks.

Only 5 left and they will go great with the new fiber ramps!

You can just pay for them on our web page.
You are not required to have PayPal account to pay just select “Don’t have a PayPal account” on the bottom right side page after you select “Buy Now” on our web page and use your credit card no PayPal account necessary.

http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

#102 11 years ago

PM me for a cab.

#103 11 years ago

Just bought one for my NEW Tron!

#104 11 years ago

OUTSTANDING! Going to put mine on soon when I get some down time. I'm looking forward to getting rid of that "hot mess" of a stock cabinet and replacing it with your pinnacle master piece of Tron mod cabinets. It's "Too Easy". THX -RLTW

#105 11 years ago

Got mine installed. Have to say it the BEST pinball mod ever created ! EVER !

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Got mine installed. Have to say it the BEST pinball mod ever created ! EVER !

Thanks. That got to you fast.

#107 11 years ago

Just done a deal on a HUO Tron LE ) What's the chances of a Discs of Tron game to go in that spot? We used to spend hours playing that and the longer cab would cover the scoop nicely...

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

What's the chances of a Discs of Tron game to go in that spot?

You have to be able sell lot of them to cover the cost of the project I don’t think there is enough demand but thanks for the suggestion.

I have two more Tron mini arcade cab 2.1v I can ship out on tomorrow.

#109 11 years ago

PM me if you want a cab.

#110 11 years ago

Pm sent

#111 11 years ago

Are there install instructions anywhere? I know it is plug and play but I don't see where exactly to install the longer wire. Thanks in advance!!!

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are there install instructions anywhere? I know it is plug and play but I don't see where exactly to install the longer wire. Thanks in advance!!!

Instructions were with the product.
The square molex gets run all the way up to the head to the left of the ballast/bulb just to the left of the bulb there is an unused molex connector there for power. Can't miss it.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Thanks. That got to you fast.

I've spread the word on facebook and the Tron facebook page as well as local Tron owners. I think I sold a few more for you George Gomez loves it !

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Instructions were with the product.
The square molex gets run all the way up to the head to the left of the ballast/bulb just to the left of the bulb there is an unused molex connector there for power. Can't miss it.

Thanks for the tip! My instructions were apparently missing from the packet.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My instructions were apparently missing from the packet.

I owe an appology . . . the instructions were in fact included in my package! *slaps self in head*

#116 11 years ago

I have v1 of this cab, but am sitting tight for v3 or above in hopes the cabinet is proportioned more like the actual cab.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

but am sitting tight for v3 or above in hopes the cabinet is proportioned more like the actual cab.

I will not be making v3. I only have parts on hand for another run and ½ for 2.1v. After that I f I will not be making more.

A lot of time has gone into the development of the design by many different people.

I have two cabs available that can ship tomorrow if there is anyone looking to purchase.

#118 11 years ago

I bought one even though I don't have a Tron yet. Fantastic mod.

#119 11 years ago

Anybody who is on the fence on this one should get one while they are still available.

I received mine last week and it took me all of 10 minutes to install and it looks fantastic.

Great time and detail has gone into this mod and is worth every penny IMHO.

#120 11 years ago

Isn't v2 proportioned like the actual cab? I think it looks great, what would you improve?

Quoted from pinster68:

I have v1 of this cab, but am sitting tight for v3 or above in hopes the cabinet is proportioned more like the actual cab.

#121 11 years ago

The dimensions are a bit off. Now, I don't know how much real estate you have to work with on the playfield so that may be part of the issue. The pinball mod cab quite Isn't wide enough front to back.

This site has pics of a 6" replica. The dimensions of the cabinet sides are pretty much
spot on to the original arcade cab. I can try and get some pics of my cab if it would help.

http://retro-heart.blogspot.com/2010/11/tron-custom-scale-arcade-model.html

#122 11 years ago

Yea because Sterns was to scale too

I love mine and glad I got it... To scale pfft

Why dont start your own thread and pawn your stuff off on it not someone else's thread.
I've looked at that one and this one is still 1000x better!

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Yea because Sterns was to scale too
I love mine and glad I got it... To scale pfft
Why dont start your own thread and pawn your stuff off on it not someone else's thread.

Agreed and wow some of the guys here are ridiculous. It's an arcade mod for a pinball machine and if you don't like the scale then make one on your own and don't shit on this thread. Jeremy and Mark did a wonderful job on this mod and it's 1000x better then the factory one Stern provided. Saying you want to wait for 3.0 when it's scaled properly is a slap in the face to both of them and in poor taste considering it's his for sale thread.

#124 11 years ago

Got mine installed. This is the greatest mod I have seen on any pinball machine in my humble opinion. Really adds to the game. Great work!

#125 11 years ago

+1
Installed mine yesterday and it's pretty awesome

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I have nothing to do with the replica cabinet site. I only linked to that to show the difference in cabinet dimensions between them and the pinball mod, that's all.

The pinball mod is great and no insult was intended to the creator of the mods, and yes,
it IS infinitely better than what Stern produced.

#127 11 years ago

Ok back on track. I want the thank everyone that has purchased a Mini Tron Arcade cab 2.1V from me.
A special thanks to the four customers who have bought 2 cabs from me and one other customer that has bought three cabs. We greatly appreciate your business and all of your support!

I have two cabs ready to ship
If you want one you can just pay on my web site.
Thanks.
Mark

#128 11 years ago

Sweet, I think I just scored one of the last two of these mods left!!

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Can anyone recommend other good mod's that I can add to my Tron pinball?

I'm keen to bling this pinball up as much as I can!!

#129 11 years ago

Got mine a couple of days ago, looks amazing, love the level of detail on it. Now to get a Tron pinball someday...

#130 11 years ago

I have had a few people buy the Tron Mini Arcade Cabinet from me that don’t have Tron pinball machines yet. I have been kicking around making a small stand that you can mount cab on and a USB cable that would plug into your computer USB port and the cab. This would power everything but the 8 SMD flasher. You could put it on your desk and it would run just like it was in the pinball machine. I wanted something like this for my desk but my wife was sure I would be the only one that would want this.

Good idea or just over the top?

#131 11 years ago

I have had a few people buy the Tron Mini Arcade Cabinet from me that don’t have Tron pinball machines yet. I have been kicking around making a small stand that you can mount cab on and a USB cable that would plug into your computer USB port and the cab. This would power everything but the 8 SMD flasher. You could put it on your desk and it would run just like it was in the pinball machine. I wanted something like this for my desk but my wife was sure I would be the only one that would want this.
Cool idea or just over the top?

Depends on the price, but that's a pretty neat idea

#132 11 years ago

It's a good idea. I got the mod before I had my machine and was tempted to hook it up via USB as well.

#133 11 years ago

I like it, depending on price. When I told my wife I bought it she said "but what if you don't get a Tron? You can still use it right?". Women, always asking irrelevant questions...

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Agreed and wow some of the guys here are ridiculous. It's an arcade mod for a pinball machine and if you don't like the scale then make one on your own and don't shit on this thread. Jeremy and Mark did a wonderful job on this mod and it's 1000x better then the factory one Stern provided. Saying you want to wait for 3.0 when it's scaled properly is a slap in the face to both of them and in poor taste considering it's his for sale thread.

Awe hell ... apologies all around. Wasn't meaning to crap on his thread, but it sure sounded like it. I guess if he wanted our opinions he would have asked for it.

#135 11 years ago

Just installed mine! Just one word : AWESOME!!
Be sure to get one, it's totally worth the money imo. One of the better mods out there.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

ust installed mine! Just one word : AWESOME!!
Be sure to get one, it's totally worth the money imo. One of the better mods out there.

Thanks I am glad you like it.
I have two more cabs ready to ship I am down to enough parts for one run.
This will be the last run. Anyway
I have two cabs ready to ship
If you want one you can just pay on my web site.
Thanks.
Mark

#137 11 years ago

Glad I got it while I could.

We can call it the LE Mod and now they're sold out!

All the pinball price speculators and can say it will triple in price!

The MM of mods!

#138 11 years ago

Just ordered one Mark. Looks to be an awesome update to the OEM.

Mike

www.HabosArcade.com

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

We can call it the LE Mod and now they're sold out!

After this run is sold out you sure can!

Quoted from hAbO:

Just ordered one Mark. Looks to be an awesome update to the OEM.

Mike

Thanks Mike it will ship tomorrow.

I have one more that can ship tomorrow.

#140 11 years ago

Awesome MOD. I love mine.

1 week later
#141 11 years ago

Thank you for your support.
I have decided to make 10 more cabs you can put your name on one of them buy making a deposit on my web page.
I am making 10 more cabs. When these are presold I will take down the add to cart button.
I am collecting $25 deposit. When your cab is complete I will collect the balance then ship it USPS priority mail. I will send a tracking number at that time.
These will ship out in approximately three weeks.
You can pay the deposit on my web page.
Thanks.
Mark

#142 11 years ago

Deposit sent. I don't know if my LE has this already installed as I won't get it till September but I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!

#143 11 years ago

Yeah don't miss out, these things are awesome!! The original design is nice too but this one from Pinballlooking has no screws on the outside and the decals are glossy, not matte.

Thanks of course to the original designer though!

#144 11 years ago

Order Placed. This is going to be awesome.

#145 11 years ago

Preorder placed. Like you mentioned earlier I don't even have a Tron yet either. I told my wife that there was another run being done and she convinced me to go ahead and order it. Epic. Win.

The USB powered dongle sounds awesome. Let me know if you decide to make a few. I'd use it until I can get the pin.

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Preorder placed. Like you mentioned earlier I don't even have a Tron yet either. I told my wife that there was another run being done and she convinced me to go ahead and order it. Epic. Win.

The USB powered dongle sounds awesome. Let me know if you decide to make a few. I'd use it until I can get the pin.

Thanks I got your order. I like how your Wife thinks.
Yes I will look at making some cables I just need to order some full size USB connectors I only have micro USB connectors right now.

#147 11 years ago

I ordered parts to make the USB cables for those ordering without a Tron but looking to get one.
If you get this cable form me you will be able to light up the cab as if it was installed. Everything but the flasher will work.

I have 2 preorder cabs left.
Thanks for the strong support.
Mark

#148 11 years ago

Free bump. Can't wait to get my hands on this, and double thanks for getting the parts fot the USB cables!

#149 11 years ago

I am in! Don't own a TRON, but will........is that bad? Buying parts for machines you assume someday you will own?

#150 11 years ago

Thanks I sold the 10 more I was going to make but the laser cutter sent me 4 extra cabs.
So I am going to make those now there are 2 of those left.

A few people have purchased a cab that will own a Tron at some point. I we be offering a 3’ USB cable that will run everything in the cab except the 8 SMD flasher the cab. That way you can watch the cab on your desk until you get your Tron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-cabinet-we-are-now-taking-preorders-for-the-second-run/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.