Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Boat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballkyle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi there, I'm getting resets on my TRON - testing voltage it fluctuates between 4.5 to 4.6 volts on the driver board. I assume the bridge and associated cap is failing. Anyone ever run across this on SAM? If so, which cap and bridge do I replace and where would I find them online? Thanks for any help!

All basic tests already covered - connectors, line voltage etc.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

i know you said you tested the basics but the connector going from the cpu to the driver board is it in good shape?did you test the pins and see what measurements you get?

Indeed that was checked. Thanks though!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

hmmm,the cpu board cn2 connector brings +5/12volts from the power driver board to the cpu

That’s correct. I need to know which cap and bridge to replace on the driver board. Anyone out there? Surely this has been done.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

make sure the game is off when doing this

Maybe a good temp solution to adjust the pot, but still there's something up with the bridge and cap, whichever they may be.

#11 5 years ago

Sweet thanks Boat!!!!!! Yeah I've got all the right equipment, I run around 25 pins on route. I had this game LOADED with mods such as the Eli ramp kit, light cycles, flynn sign, arcade etc, so I think all that extra stuff has put some premature stress on it. All those goodies are fine for home use, but the board isn't really built for all the extras.

The WEIRD thing is I went today, tested the 5V and it was perfect at 5.02. I didn't do a thing. Thereafter, I did end up pulling out the board looking for cold solder joints, made sure all the syncs are tight etc. But I can't find any culprits, and as a precaution I have disconnected the mods until I'm sure there are no issues.

So I'll check it again in a week, and if needed, I'll replace the cap and bridge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballkyle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-low-5v-on-cpu-board?tu=pinballkyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.