Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Boat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

The schematics online are shit but I believe you can adjust POT1 to tweak your 5v. Go slow with the adjustment I think its right under the big heatsink. Anyone else confirm? edit: i think its blue

#9 5 years ago

Trust me the least hacking up on the board you can do the better. Also if you can't determine the 5v cap as of now you run the risk of making the problem worse and ruining your whole 5v section. Do you have hakko desoldering gun?

To answer your original question... C3 and the BR beside it could be the culprit, but again would need someone to confirm as the schematic is shit. If you had the board out you would be able to more easily trace which capacitor is on the 5v line.

#10 5 years ago

ok found it... mustang LE

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#12 5 years ago

Cool, glad to hear it and sorry I just wanted to keep you on the safe side in case you didn’t know what you’re doing but it sounds like you do. Sound good and best of luck and yea my next suggestion would be to reduce the load on the 5v

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-low-5v-on-cpu-board?tu=Boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.