• Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the_good_guys.JPG
the_good_guys.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VolunteerPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm thinking about getting rid of my LOTR and Tron to get MM. I would still be out a 1-2 thousand dollars as well. This post may create some serious flaming coming my way but I wanted to hear some opinions. I am very new to pin ownership (about a month) and have never played MM except on Pinball Arcade. Then again, I had never played Tron when I bought it and had only played LOTR once when I got it. Me and my family are enjoying what we have already, but I am considering picking up an MM.

Alright, let's hear some thoughts...

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I could support your strategy if I knew that you had more cash to buy another machine in the future. ie: You're down-sizing from 2 to 1 game for quality over quantity, but expect to buy a 2nd machine down the road when money permits. Otherwise, I personally would probably prefer having 2 different pins over just 1 pin (my current position due to space issues).
My concern is that you've only owned your current pins for 1 month. Seems to be as though you might be more caught up in the "getting" than the "owning" and that can be dangerous. Even the mighty MM will likely not hold your attention for too long if you're moving through Tron and LoTR that quickly.
Can you honestly say that you've played your current pins to death? It's not mandatory, but one of the first problems I've found with this hobby is trying to "catch the dragon" -curb the insatiable desire to buy every cool pin on the planet. As soon as you realize that it's ok to enjoy the pins you have, and not to worry about the ones you don't have, this hobby becomes much, much cheaper.
Of course, if you do buy an MM, please keep me in mind when you decide to sell it. It's an awesome game.

If I never buy another game in my life, I doubt (with my poor skill level) that I would ever be able to defeat either of my current pins on any regular basis, if ever. I think you may be right about getting caught up in the 'getting' of pins for me already. BTW, I plan on having 6-8 pins (a guess) at a minimum once I build up my line-up.

#42 11 years ago

You know, I guess another option would be to buy a local very nice IM I know of which I could get for between $5000-5000 and just keep what I have.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But what about the MM re-make?

I've heard some chatter about a remake. Is that pure speculation at this point or is someone actually in the process?

6 years later
#78 4 years ago

LOL, I was scrolling through the forum and saw this! I was fairly new back then and I did end up buying a MM for something like $12k at the time. It was really nice but not perfect. Not too long after I heard about the remake and a traded it for a TFTC, TAF, FT and DM. Thus started a multi-year adventure where I was buying and selling lots of pins.

I'm pretty settled in right now and haven't been too active either on Pinside forums or on the marketplace.

And, btw, I currently own MMrLE, AFMrLE, and MBrLE all of which have been are currently being routed. Still also own my LOTR-LE. Just can't bring myself to sell that baby.

Have owned a few Trons over this time. Last one was all chromed up. Sold it but shouldn't have. That was a few years ago. Oh, well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VolunteerPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lotr-a-little-cash-mm?tu=VolunteerPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.