By Shenanigander

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

tested all fuses (with MM in circuit)
checked game settings (it is not disabled)
coil wires are on and plunger moving freely

do i suspect a transistor at this point?

#2 9 years ago

Did you pull the fuse to test it?

#3 9 years ago

no i tested in circuit. im not sure what fuse it is yet but i just tested every one of them in circuit.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

tested all fuses (with MM in circuit)

always pull the fuses to test it. Basically what DCFAN said. If that doesn't give you the issue, verify continuity from coil back to the board. If that doesn't show you the issue, then go into solenoid test and see if you are closing the circuit. If it is closing the circuit, then suspect the coil, if it isn't, then sure, Transistor could be the problem.

Well, that would be my thought process anyway. I'm sure someone smarter than me has a more direct way to verify this.

-Wes

#5 9 years ago

if you had a blown fuse then other coils will not work check the fuse out of the machine if ok re fit then test the voltage at the coil and report back

#6 9 years ago

ok just tested the post coil in coil test and it works fine. when i close the door and hit the start button the post pops up and then back down. i did that 3 times or 4 and it did that each time

#7 9 years ago

ok just tested the post coil in coil test and it works fine. when i close the door and hit the start button the post pops up and then back down. i did that 3 times or 4 and it did that each time

In that case, check the switch that is supposed to activate the coil.

-Wes

#8 9 years ago

Just for the record, F8 is likely the fuse for the up post. Since you have found that the up-post is working in test then check the switch as copperpot above has suggested.

#9 9 years ago

turns out the diode on the shooter lane switch (that activates the up post) was broken on one end. soldered it back on and im back in biz. thanks guys! thats why i love pinside!

#10 9 years ago

I disabled mine in settings and like the game play better

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I disabled mine in settings and like the game play better

my friend had his disabled. i like my post in this game for some reason but have it disabled in wpt

#12 9 years ago

Also regarding checking fuses, I haven't found one stern or one Williams since DMD era where you need to pull the fuse to check it. I've seen this on a data east. I'd say you can check with meter in circuit. All stern Sam boards have led indicators for the fuses so you don't even need a meter.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

All stern Sam boards have led indicators for the fuses so you don't even need a meter.

oh ya? one led for each fuse?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-loop-up-post-stopped-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.