Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kvan99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi I was over a fellow pinsider's house last week, he has a Tron pro like me, I asked why he hadn't installed the lightcycle mod, he told me he did but they had issues and after a couple of attempts he gave up. Supposedly he had the same issue as me...when hooked up the bulbs burn out after a week or less. I have replaced mine 3x so far. I even replaced the bulbs with regular LEDs inside the cycles. Does anyone else have this issue?

#2 9 years ago

You need to use 5 volt source not 12 volt.....your blowing the leds with 12 is my guess

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

You need to use 5 volt source not 12 volt.....your blowing the leds with 12 is my guess

I would bet that this is the problem.

When you look at that molex connector where you're plugging things in by the coin door it kind of looks like a house (so when you're looking right into where the connectors go together). The top of the house (pointy end) is the ground / negative, the middle of the house is the 5V and the bottom is the 12V. The two that you need to use are the top and middle (so ground and 5V).

#4 9 years ago

And don't use the GI voltage either.

If you need me to make you an appropriate molex harness and want to pay the little bit for me to ship it to you, fine, I can do that, but don't kill any more cycles!

Keep in mind that one of the FTS-8 Spitter boards to power a bunch of mods costs less than ONE hallmark cycle currently goes for!

#5 9 years ago

You did state where you powered them. On the pro, even the inserts are 18v pulsed which comes to about 6.5v. You'll need resistors to lower the volts to 5v.

#6 9 years ago

I actually gutted mine and replaced with 2 cointaker flex and one frosted in each bike. It isnt easy to split the case without breaking. It is a bitch but its worth it.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Quoted from Buckman:

I would bet that this is the problem.
When you look at that molex connector where you're plugging things in by the coin door it kind of looks like a house (so when you're looking right into where the connectors go together). The top of the house (pointy end) is the ground / negative, the middle of the house is the 5V and the bottom is the 12V. The two that you need to use are the top and middle (so ground and 5V).

Damn, yes it is...I've been using the 12 volt. I blew only 2 sets..I split the second set open and put in regular LEDS and they blew too of course. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can make a new harness if not I will hit you up Frax....cheers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lightcycle-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.