(Topic ID: 102803)

TRON light cycle mod help

By MK6PIN

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buckman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

You'd be surprised at how easily and quickly you can pop off the top part of the light cycle. With the top off you can then get to the switch and all you need to do is solder the two wires together (and then you don't have to worry about gluing anything).

To crack them apart all you'll need is a flathead screwdriver. Basically the top section of each of the light cycles just pops off. What I would do is test things out on your existing ones and you'll see how it's done. You'll just need to put the screwdriver in by the back wheels and push forward / upward a bit.

If you are worried about scratching anything just make sure to insert the screwdriver on the back side of the light cycles (if they are in the machine the Clu cycle points to the left and the Tron cycle points to the right, so just go at them from the back sides). Worst case if you make a small scratch you won't see it as it'll be on the back.

You'll be able to snap the tops of the cylces back on when you're done and that's it. Doing it this way will make sure you won't get any random on / off stuff happening. I glued a couple of sets myself and then decided to crack them open and solder the wires together. Way less hassle!

#4 9 years ago

I did the same thing on one of mine that didn't work properly, pretty much made a mess of the first one I tried it on. But once I figured it out it was pretty simple!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buckman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-light-cycle-mod-help?tu=Buckman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.