I moddified both my Sam and Clu light cycles to stay on when the game is on. I followed the instructions that I found on pinside but my Clu went up in smoke (literally). The Sam cycle worked perfectly fine but my confusion is why just one and not the other since they were both done the same and plugged into the same port. Hoping one of you experts could advise.
here is what I did:
- Removed spring in battery compartment
- Sanded the contacts to remove the chrome
- soldiered my + and - leads to the pads
- removed the button and solderied that wire together (to keep it on without having to glue it down)
- Connected both cycles to the same + and - wires (spliced together about 2 feet outside of the bikes)
- That single lead went to a PIG 5V plug.
Here is the Clu board after the smoke show Seems like it was over powered but that doesn't make sense on why the Sam bike didn't go up in smoke too and also this seems to be the preferred method that hundreds of people have used. Could it have just been a defective bike? Since I have it apart I'm going to try and install some Comet lights inside to salvage the bike but I have another Clu bike so am interested in your thoughts on what went wrong incase I need to use it.