11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So, you’ve purchased a TRON: Legacy PRO pinball, now what? Here’s my recommended set-up:

Here are my top 5 mods:

1. Cliffy Ramp protectors. Stern does put one ramp protector on the right side of the right Orange Light Cycle ramp. The after-market ramp protectors add protection for the left side of the Orange Light Cycle ramp and both sides of the LEFT Blue Vehicle (it is no longer a light cycle) ramp. There is no hole for the left-most protector. You can use a soldering iron to make one, but you will also need a screw, washer and nut.

2. Mantis protector for the scoop. While the Cliffy scoop protector provides better protection, there are currently issues with its flap eventually protruding on the right side, preventing balls from entering. Do note that Stern has placed a strip of Mylar at the scoop entrance.

3. Playfield underside-rails for pulling up and propping up the playfield. Nice to have and Stern no longer includes them on the PRO models.

4. A LED light for the Blue Disc inserts. In general, I am not a fan of LED’s because I feel too many LED’s make the playfield overly bright. I did replace the ones in the Blue Disc inserts with white 3-light LED’s from Pinball Life because the factory incandescent bulbs are too dim. I also put one behind the TRON insert.

5. Mini Arcade v.2.1 mod. It truly is a nice-looking mod, but do realize you will be looking at it a lot (when you should be following the ball).

Here are my top 5 set-up and settings suggestions:

1. Take the time to level your pin, both the pitch and left to right. Some owners complain that a hard shot to the GEM loop is followed by a SDTM drain. This rarely happens to me.

2. One flaw with the current code on the PRO version is that there is no reliable way to get an extra ball. Attempting to get an extra ball in pinball adds another layer of strategy. This is especially desirable in home environments where there are fewer thrills in attempting to reach a replay or high score. To correct this missing element, I modify the settings to award an extra ball at a set score of 15 million. You can increase it as your play improves, but I found this is a good starting value.

3. Change the INSULT level to HIGH. You’ll get more speech! You can also adjust the strength of the slings. I was happy with the factory setting. You can also move or remove the post(s) in the outlanes. The factory setting is hard, which I am also happy with.

4. Play around with the percentages for the extra ball and special awards. If you want, you can also grant extra balls in place of specials, but don’t make your pin too easy. You’ll want to EARN those long games.

5. The playfield will get very dirty. You will get black dust everywhere and the loops behind the ramps are very hard to get at. I think the black dust is coming from the spinning disk, but some owners have replaced their black rubbers with white ones to minimize this. Even the balls will get black dirt stuck to it (much more so than other pins), so I’d recommend cleaning them regularly. One bottle of CP-100 playfield cleaner and polish will do the trick!

Enjoy your TRON! It’s a keeper!

#2 11 years ago

Thanks can't wait to get mine.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from steely_menace:

There is no hole for the left-most protector. You can use a soldering iron to make one, but you will also need a screw, washer and nut.

Or use the wire tie I include with the kit that matches the LE ties exactly

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from steely_menace:

Enjoy your TRON! It’s a keeper!

I agree

#5 11 years ago

My one and only favourite from Stern. Please, send me one.

#6 11 years ago

Does the scoop hole need a protector for "home use" cause after adjustment mines again getting ball hang ups.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Does the scoop hole need a protector for "home use" cause after adjustment mines again getting ball hang ups.

There's nothing keeping the ball from destroying the scoop hole, home use or not.
That's a risk you'll have to decide to take.

#8 11 years ago

Only thing I would add to recommended setup would be to disable the pop up post in right orbit. I got sick of telling people to hold flipper button so they weren't teeing off on it all the time and disabled, I think it improves gameplay and flow.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Only thing I would add to recommended setup would be to disable the pop up post in right orbit. I got sick of telling people to hold flipper button so they weren't teeing off on it all the time and disabled, I think it improves gameplay and flow.

I am going to disable mine for TPF just so it doesn't get smashed to crap and back, but I actually like it. Prevents a lot of annoying "ball slowly moving in the orbit" type action coming of the pops.

#10 11 years ago

I didn't think that increasing the extra ball percentage actually did anything. Even when set at a ridiculously high number it didn't seem to give them out more so than the usual once every 200 games on average for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-pro-%e2%80%93-my-recommended-set-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.