SOLD OUT, not making more for now while I work on new code: https://flynns.online/collections/all
The 27inch LCD's I use went out of production so I will have to source a new one that fits in the backbox as good as the Acer did.
I'll update this thread as I make progress.
SAM Code integration updated to version 1.4:
v1.4. Changes to SAM version:
* Added new DiscMB Restart mode so that detection of the mode state is possible if you don't hit the DISCMB Restart shot.
* Added DiscMB Restart Video
* DiscMB Return detection
* Added Return to Grid Detection
* Zen mode added
* Find Flynn and Flynn found mode detection added
* Fixed Most Active modes to clear the video list and default to The Grid video when complete
* Added structure for re-setting states on Active Multiball mode completion
* Added wait times in between mode completions to allow for video updates
* Fixed Game over video
* Added placeholder videos for SOS and Portal
* Added Portal mode detection
* updated firmware version detection to 1.32
* better comms version detection code
* Turned off TRON mode for now, TRON was too busy and interrupting modes
* added debug output and log files to usb
* Prelim Ball drain detection (only in code/debug)
* Prelim Active Score per Player (only in code/debug)
BACKBOX LCD Progress: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/2#post-4134152
Oh and this might be an option in the future:
PLAYFIELD LCD Progress: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/2#post-4134041
12/20/2017 Latest video:
1/29/2018 video: APRON LCD Instruction Card replacement:
Alight, I am going to let the cat out of the bag on a mod I have been working on for Tron. Before you get your hopes up, I am still working through some technical challenges with integration into modes so this could flop at some point with a technical road block or become so complex that it wouldn't be feasible for someone else to implement. I don't have a clue how long this is going to take me, but I wanted to document progress here in one place as I work through the different ideas. If everyone hates it, I'll just keep it to myself, no biggy.
Why not have a playfield LCD like Stern is doing on Star Wars? (see Picture attached)
1. Start with a 5 inch LCD and show a video of a Recognizer animation
2. What about showing video from scenes in the movie based on some interaction with the machine?
3. Integrate a PiZero into the LCD with GPIO interaction with the game. Most likely Python code...
This one requires a bit more work. My original plan was to use light sensors under each of the multi-ball modes and kick off an instructional image that the mode is ready and then play a movie clip during the multi-ball mode. Using light sensors is not clean and there needs to be a better solutions for sensing when you are in a mode or not.
4. Build all the media for Mode Starts, and Cut video for different multi-ball modes. (see attached pics)
Mod LCD for 5v
integrate Pi Zero into LCD
Hide all OS outputs on Pi
Stern Boot Animation
Power LCD from Pi GPIO
Redo Advance Recognizer animation Arrows to match size of 3-bank target
Media for mutli-ball modes
Media for Video clips for each modes
Convert Static Mode start images to Animated videos
Code integration Option 1 -- In progress
Code integration Option 2
Code integration Option 3
Fix dirty 5v Power issues with LED lights
Better Power connectors