A339ABA9-607D-46F4-B446-99CEE1B44BF3 (resized).jpeg
7066ADFF-59FF-47BC-8D31-11DD8D352DC6 (resized).jpeg
tron dec (resized).jpg
Untitled1 (resized).jpg
Untitled2 (resized).jpg
20200401_130346 (resized).jpg
20200401_125653 (resized).jpg
20200328_165628 (resized).jpg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Ok so I see there's a JM club and such. How about Tron Legacy? Here we will discuss all things "Tron". We will develop our own "Tronese" language. Let's see what ya got Tron Minions. Time to show off your Tron pins.

#2 11 years ago

Yay...I can be a part of something!

#3 11 years ago

Getting my tron soon! Will be adding a few mods right away. Cliffy's, cycle mod, arcade mod, target decals, on and on! Can't wait to get it!

#4 11 years ago

Here is mine with the Pinbits plastic kit, lit recognizer, mirror side walls, white cliffy posts and rubbers. I bought the arcade mod last month but this video doesn't show it

Pappy

#5 11 years ago

About time that I can join a club (all the other clubs are for games I don't have).

#6 11 years ago

With all the Mods for TRON it could be a expensive club to be in. Instead of dues we just buy more Mods. Oh well you can't take it with you, so ............. Maybe just one more Mod

#7 11 years ago

Just wait and see what's coming.........

#8 11 years ago

I have a tron on order where do I get all these mods? I want to do the ramp rope lighting- and lighted flynns arcade mod first?

#9 11 years ago

^^ Literally dozens of threads on this

Start here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread

#10 11 years ago

I know some of you may know this but what works best to clean the disc in back is to get the disc spinning by starting up a game and taking the glass off and activate the 3 bank target (this way you don't have to the protective plastic off and what I use to clean it is alcohol swabs (they are like 1x1 squares) and touch the disc as it is spinning with the swab. Now I have wicked fast action again.

#11 11 years ago

OK...now u gotta tell! What is coming? U talking the Eli fiber optic ramp mod? Or is there something else in the works?

Quoted from pinlawyer:

Just wait and see what's coming.........

#12 11 years ago

Good info. Do u need to clean this disc right away when u get the game? Heard that it spits out a lot of black dust right away? This true? Thanks!

Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I know some of you may know this but what works best to clean the disc in back is to get the disc spinning by starting up a game and taking the glass off and activate the 3 bank target (this way you don't have to the protective plastic off and what I use to clean it is alcohol swabs (they are like 1x1 squares) and touch the disc as it is spinning with the swab. Now I have wicked fast action again.

#13 11 years ago

I plan on doing all the mods, but u think first thing that should be done is get it protected with cliffy's protectors, and the pinbits dress up protector plastics. That way its protected right from the start. Also heard to get new balls right away as well. For sure I would get the arcade mod and cycle mod first. Then up to you, Flynn sign, el wire or wait for Eli's mod. Led's, arcade scoop mod, recognizer mod, target and recognizer decals, pop bumper dress up kit...on and on! That's why I love this machine! And I don't even have it yet!

Quoted from pinmister:

I have a tron on order where do I get all these mods? I want to do the ramp rope lighting- and lighted flynns arcade mod first?

#14 11 years ago

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Flynn sign?

Pappy

#15 11 years ago

It doesn't do much for me...it's neat, but not for my taste.

#16 11 years ago

I cant wait-I am going to mod the s*** out of this game-it is a title that deserves mods and looks awesome. I have not seen a modded out Tron that I do not like. The more mods the better. I have run out of repairs to do on my other machines and I am going crazy. I need something to repair or mod-I will start pre-ordering my mods today.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Pappy

+1

#18 11 years ago

Flynn sign doesn't do it for me. Either do those colored plastic protectors

#19 11 years ago

I'm doing what I call the retro code mod, let me explain.

I just got my Tron 3 months ago and really have not got a full grasp of the rules it came with 1.7. So when 1.74 came out I didn't really appreciate the big improvements everyone said. I could not tell how good or how much better the new code is.

Tron is a keeper for me, I'll have it for many years to come, I went back to 1.7 so I could keep the old code on a year, I didn't think it was bad anyway. Then I'll have 1.74 in my pocket for the future treat when I want to change it up.

#20 11 years ago

Pappy

I like it. I just hooked it up to a prototype PIG2 and have it set to only be on when the "Flynn's Arcade" insert is flashing... but with the programmability of the PIG2, I set it so it holds on steady while the insert flashes. Helps have this mod interact with the game. Every time in the game when the scoop is active and it's playfield insert is flashing, the sign is lit solid.

Here's a video to demonstrate what I mean...

#21 11 years ago

Pappy

I'm not a big fan of it.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I like it. I just hooked it up to a prototype PIG2 and have it set to only be on when the "Flynn's Arcade" insert is flashing... but with the programmability of the PIG2, I set it so it holds on steady while the insert flashes. Helps have this mod interact with the game. Every time in the game when the scoop is active and it's playfield insert is flashing, the sign is lit solid.

PIG2 is my next mod purchase.

Thanks for the video!

Marcus

#23 11 years ago

I think I would like the sign more if it was more of a convex shape as it is in the movie on top of the building. Perhaps if the sign housing was made to look more like the building than just a box as well.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Good info. Do u need to clean this disc right away when u get the game? Heard that it spits out a lot of black dust right away? This true? Thanks!

No not right away. I've had mine about a month and I noticed that the disc didn't have the "snap" it did when I got it.

#25 11 years ago

I use PinGuard rubber cleaner to clean the disc. It not only gives the disc great action, but it seems gentler in the long run than alcohol ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2651

PinGuard_Rubber_Cleaner.jpgPinGuard_Rubber_Cleaner.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Thanks Gweem.

#27 11 years ago

I am looking for el wire for my new Tron. I have read a lot of the post from modders last year when it came out-good stuff. My question if anyone knows is can I get color changing wire like LE. Has anyone come out with software patch for light interaction and fiber-optic el-wire. It seems like it has been some time since all these el wire mods were done. Anything new out there? Is coolwire- still the place to buy el-wire assembly? Thanks- if anyone has input

#28 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501

If you want to mod your ramps now, go with coollight. About $85 total and looks good. Instructions readily available on the forums.

If you want to wait, you can go with Eli's mod as linked above. This is color-changing wire that integrates with the software. No promises on price or release date.

#29 11 years ago

-I don't know if I can wait for Eli's Mod-I may order the coollight kit. I really like what B_R did to the Tron in video. Cointakers is a must.

B-R_Tron_PIC.jpgB-R_Tron_PIC.jpg

#30 11 years ago

Here's my Tron with the powder coated trim and legs. My buddy owed me a favor. DSC06256.JPGDSC06256.JPG

#31 11 years ago

I have a sweet idea for my Tron, but I'm not sharing because I'd like for it to not get done to death and back before I can afford it, lol. = \

#32 11 years ago

My buddy told me the other day-first thing should be a mantis protector.-Good idea

http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm

#33 11 years ago

I just picked up the light cycles.. The orange clu is cheap and easy, the blue cycle isn't as available. I am late on the tron train so didn't buy till now

#34 11 years ago

Pappy

I wasn't a fan either, but ended up purchasing as one of my last mods. I really like it and glad I bought it, $75 well spent IMO.

I kept the original Flynn plastic though, not crazy about the plastic that comes with it.

#35 11 years ago

Can you use a Cliffy protector and Mantis at the same time? Double protection?

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Here's my Tron with the powder coated trim and legs. My buddy owed me a favor.

I have never cared for any of the powder coating examples shown on Pinside but have to admit that color really looks like it belongs on Tron!

#37 11 years ago

Have had my Tron less than a week. This is my first pin. How difficult is it to add some of these mods? A lot of this stuff looks great. I'm going to pick up my 2nd pin today...LOTR...so plan on spending more time playing (i'm crazy-addicted) and less time modding stuff right now, but I can definitely see me doing some of this stuff in the near future.

Darin

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

That was my thought too. The Mantis looks like it still leaves a little of wood exposed on top of playfield? I thought same thing-my buddy said no cliffy on top?

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I tried this on my X-Men and couldn't get it to work. It was the front of the scoop hole where the Cliffy "clamps" under the playfield that was where I had the problem. I think if I spent more time on it, it may work. I was also concerned about narrowing the hole too much and affecting the eject path out of the scoop to the flippers.

#40 11 years ago

I too was gonna wait for Elis mod, but not knowing when it will be done, or how expensive it will be, I decided on the coolight el wire. Just send an email to Elise at [email protected]. She knows exactly what you need. Just email or call her and she can set u up. Cost I think 86$ shipped. I then used B-R's video of where to install the zip ties. I completely removed my ramps from the machine and installed the wire. I started at about 230...and was done I think at 530. I highly recommend removing the ramps completely as it makes the process so much easier I would think. Instead of having to work around stuff. Takes about 15 minutes to remove and 15-30 to reinstall. worth it to make the job easier. I was definitely nervous, but once I started, it was a breeze...and final product looks amazing!!

Quoted from pinmister:

-I don't know if I can wait for Eli's Mod-I may order the coollight kit. I really like what B_R did to the Tron in video. Cointakers is a must.
» YouTube video

#41 11 years ago

I had to take my cliffy off due to many ball hangups.

#42 11 years ago

Mantis is really sufficient on new pins.. look at every HEP out there, they all have Mantis protectors.

Cliffy's are great to cover very little to a lot of wear, and honestly many people do it for the look! I really like how they look on some games. Others prefer to stick with mantis on new games that they are available for since they do the job and dont cover any of the art. They both narrow the hole slightly but mantis of course would not have any issues with ball hang-ups.

I went with mantis on my tron since the cliffy was still being worked on and have had no wear whatsoever.. bought the ramp protectors and some posts from Cliffy since my pro is first run though!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

I too was gonna wait for Elis mod, but not knowing when it will be done, or how expensive it will be, I decided on the coolight el wire. Just send an email to Elise at [email protected]. She knows exactly what you need. Just email or call her and she can set u up. Cost I think 86$ shipped. I then used B-R's video of where to install the zip ties. I completely removed my ramps from the machine and installed the wire. I started at about 230...and was done I think at 530. I highly recommend removing the ramps completely as it makes the process so much easier I would think. Instead of having to work around stuff. Takes about 15 minutes to remove and 15-30 to reinstall. worth it to make the job easier. I was definitely nervous, but once I started, it was a breeze...and final product looks amazing!!

Thanks vader1979- I think I will go with coollights. I actually think the blue and orange el-wire look great on the pro-and just ordered my bikes to go with. I have my Flynns sign coming from pinball life, Pinbits dress-up kit, UV bulbs from Coin-takers, I still need Arcade Mod-currently waiting for vendor with correct screen size? Also trying to get Hemi-to make me under cabinet flasher mod in blue and orange. My Tron will pop(:

#44 11 years ago

Guys, trust me on this. If you don't use a Cliffy on the scoop, put some mylar on the right lip. You can cut the slingshot mylar from pinballlife and cover the entire lip.

Even with a HUO machine, the lip will absolutely wear after around 1000 plays. And definitely use a Mantis. Not expensive and doesn't affect play.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Guys, trust me on this. If you don't use a Cliffy on the scoop, put some mylar on the right lip. You can cut the slingshot mylar from pinballlife and cover the entire lip.

Even with a HUO machine, the lip will absolutely wear after around 1000 plays. And definitely use a Mantis. Not expensive and doesn't affect play.

Great suggestion-I was kinda thinking same thing

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great suggestion-I was kinda thinking same thing-thanks

#47 11 years ago

Woo hoo, I am a member, filling the void after leaving the SS club. After seeing the video with pinbits, I am gonna have to get those!

#48 11 years ago

I totally recommend the plastic dress kit and pop bumper kit. They really make the machine pop! Ad that with the el wire and wow! Mine already looks amazing to me and it doesn't even have the LEDs in yet!

Woo hoo, I am a member, filling the void after leaving the SS club. After seeing the video with pinbits, I am gonna have to get those!

tron_mod_4.jpgtron_mod_4.jpg tron_mod_5.jpgtron_mod_5.jpg

#49 11 years ago

All your Trons look great guys and can't wait to join the club later on this week. Figures I let go of my White Water this past weekend to make space and ColorDMD emails me this morning saying it is next

2 months later
#50 10 years ago

I just got the two dress-up kits for my Pro, but I'm having an issue figuring out how to install the Recognizer plastics.

It's really frustrating how Pinbits always seems to lack when it comes to instructions.

So, the orange plastic has four holes in it, but I don't see any way to get the Recognizer off of the original plastic to attach to the new one (it doesn't seem to be screwed on, but has some plastic tabs). Also should the two plastics be connected into each other so they are flat?

edit: Pam was super quick to PM me with instructions on these parts, and also said that they would update the instructions for this mod and any others I had issues with! Good customer service.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-owners-club-onlymod-away/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.