• Latest reply 10 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 10 years ago

Agree with pretty much what everyone is saying about the LE. Another thing to keep in mind is that half went overseas, so there are only 200 in the states. Many of those are owned by arcade collectors (they LOVE Tron) ....so those games aren't going to be making the sale/trade rounds in the pin community. Also, I'll never sell mine....I'm part of the "problem" Pro was never an option for me personally.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMHO - I see almost no practical difference between the Pro and LE. To me it's simply a few *blingy* mods difference (which are nice in the dark). I've played both a TRON LE and a Pro side by side and there was no difference in a well lit room. In the dark the LE has the extra lighting effects. The game play is 99% exactly the same except for the drop targets - which I prefer the standups on the Pro for the speed and bank shots. People are fooling themselves when they think the build quality is so much better on the LE - really? There's only a handful of part differences in the entire game - run on the same assembly line. If you're more of a collector than a player, then it's probably best to get the LE. If you're more of a player then it really doesn't make much of a difference - again IMHO. Great game Pro or LE BTW.

I consider myself a player more than a collector, but for me - I have to have LE. I want the definitive experience. I want DAFT PUNK on the ramps. I want End of Line Multiball. I want the ramp light/color choreography to sync the way Lyman intended.

If price and scarcity wasn't a factor, everyone would want the LE and there'd be no argument. Most people who have the LE didn't pay the piper for one...and that's why they're totally happy with their games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-vs-tron-pro?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.