• Latest reply 10 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

the kit by Eli is cool for pro owners. It still doesnt compare to the functionality of the LE fiber optic lighting as its coded in the software and they are on in some fashion almost constantly during game play & attract mode, while ELi's do not.

I have seen an eli modded pro in person. You are plain and simply wrong about that. The Eli lighting reacts in the game perhaps better then the LE, I have played and seen both models and played them a lot. The Eli mod actually has a pulsing mode in some parts of the game and it looks fabulous. It reacts w/ the pinball in every mode, in the dark it's insane. Also the Eli mod used the same type of cable, however the Eli mod is clear cable vs the clouded cable in the LE. Trust me when more people see the finished Eli mods in person they will freak...they simply look AMAZING

I'm not saying an Eli moded pro is better or worth more then an LE, I'm just saying the Eli moded pro looks wonderful and its very very comparable to the LE as far as ramp lighting goes.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMHO - I see almost no practical difference between the Pro and LE. To me it's simply a few *blingy* mods difference (which are nice in the dark). I've played both a TRON LE and a Pro side by side and there was no difference in a well lit room. In the dark the LE has the extra lighting effects. The game play is 99% exactly the same except for the drop targets - which I prefer the standups on the Pro for the speed and bank shots. People are fooling themselves when they think the build quality is so much better on the LE - really? There's only a handful of part differences in the entire game - run on the same assembly line. If you're more of a collector than a player, then it's probably best to get the LE. If you're more of a player then it really doesn't make much of a difference - again IMHO. Great game Pro or LE BTW.

I consider myself a player more than a collector, but for me - I have to have LE. I want the definitive experience. I want DAFT PUNK on the ramps. I want End of Line Multiball. I want the ramp light/color choreography to sync the way Lyman intended.

If price and scarcity wasn't a factor, everyone would want the LE and there'd be no argument. Most people who have the LE didn't pay the piper for one...and that's why they're totally happy with their games.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

@RawleyD - Could you explain to me how the TRON ramps are better on the LE vs the pro? Just curious since I'm considering buying some. Not meaning the lighting but the actual ramp quality? They appear the same to me.

My brother's Tron LE has been to a couple semi-local tourney's.

A couple pinsiders and myself noticed that the ramps on the location Pro that the owner bought new (latest run) were definitely made of a thinner material than the LE. They seemed almost paper thin

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

My brother's TRON LE has been to a couple semi-local tourney's.
A couple pinsiders and myself noticed that the ramps on the location Pro that the owner bought new (latest run) were definitely made of a thinner material than the LE. They seemed almost paper thin

Maybe you guys had a few too many Mountain Dews. I recently installed the EL Wire mod on my latest run Pro and the ramps are the same thickness as all the other Stern ramps (IM, AC/DC). They look to be 1/16" thick. It's kind of silly to think Stern would use a different ramp material specific to TRON Pro. I guess it's possible the specific pin you played had flawed ramps...don't know.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Here's a list of what the LE has over the pro.
1 - Daft Punk Multiball
2 - Silver around PF inserts
3 - Drop targets instead of standups
4 - Moving Recognizer
5 - Color changing lighted ramps
6 - LED insert PCBs
7 - Alternating color flashers under the spinner
8 - Individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 target
9 - Chrome trim
10 - Metal apron with clear blue windows w/ flashers
11 - Metal PF rails
12 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver
13 - LE numbered plaque on backbox and signed certificate of authentisity
14 - Hologram sticker on translite

Durable Screened cab art. Last year they did it, I believe.

Also has LED insert lights from the factory. Like ACDC Premium but not color changing.

I have had the Pro and now Tron LE. The build quality and EL wire features combined with the mirror like chrome trim ... Tron LE is the PEAK of Stern manufacturing. They over built it compared to today's offerings. And collectors know it.

#56 10 years ago

I have to say that compared to other Stern Pro models Tron pro feels very solidly built IMHO

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have to say that compared to other Stern Pro models Tron pro feels very solidly built IMHO

And I have to say that I can't feel ANY difference in build quality among all of the Stern Pros that I've owned or played.

#58 10 years ago

My Tron LE was my very first NIB and I think my pre-order price was something in the neighborhood of the mid 5k's shipped w/ a shaker motor.
(Kinda makes ya sick when comparing to today's "LE" prices)

I have been offered 10k multiple times from different people and passed on the opportunity. It is just a very unique and amazing game that is basically glued to my floor forever (I'm also part of the "problem" of not letting it leave, haha).

Now that the price has increased on it significantly (over the pro model) I can honestly say that it pretty much boils down to different strokes for different folks...

On a budget? Go Pro!
Got extra cash burning in your pocket? LE all the way!

No matter what you choose, crack a beer, press a start and enjoy one hell of a game

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

And I have to say that I can't feel ANY difference in build quality among all of the Stern Pros that I've owned or played.

Play Tron Pro then jump onto Avengers Pro, Avatar Pro or Transformers pro... When I say feel solid I should of said look and feel solid. Tron Pro looks and feels more solid/quality built. IMHO

#60 10 years ago

Play Tron Pro then jump onto Avengers Pro, Avatar Pro or Transformers pro... When I say feel solid I should of said look and feel solid. Tron Pro looks and feels more solid/quality built. IMHO

Actually, I had Tron Pro set up in my basement next to Avatar Pro for about a month. The only difference in quality was the HD cabinet decals on Tron. Ramps, mechanisms, etc. are the same between these 2 pins. I think Avatar is a better-looking pin (and more fun), but that after-market Tron arcade is super-sweet.

#61 10 years ago

Actually, I had Tron Pro set up in my basement next to Avatar Pro for about a month. The only difference in quality was the HD cabinet decals on Tron. Ramps, mechanisms, etc. are the same between these 2 pins. I think Avatar is a better-looking pin (and more fun), but that after-market Tron arcade is super-sweet.

Sorry man Avatar is cheap looking compared to most other Sterns... Hard to get past this (c pic)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Funny thing, in Disney Land they have a TRON LE which is kind of been beat down, They could make more selling it than they will ever make with people putting a few quarters in now and then.

No way. I bet that game takes in well above the average routed pinball, and they probably got the game free to begin with. They have had that IJ across from the ride for about 18 years now...would love to see how much money that game has taken in. With the rumors swirling about an upcoming Tron attraction taking place of the old Peoplemover......it isn't going anywhere.

#63 10 years ago

(Duplicate post)

#64 10 years ago

Sorry man Avatar is cheap looking compared to most other Sterns... Hard to get past this (c pic)

I assume you're talking about "salad bar Jake Sully". It's actually very easy to get past that:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I assume you're talking about "salad bar Jake Sully". It's actually very easy to get past that:

Hey nice work swamp I like that!

#66 10 years ago

Hey nice work swamp I like that!

I've seen other owners mod the link pod with LEDs, looks awesome. I like wheelchair Jake because he recalls an important part of the story. His Avatar is fighting off a viper wolf behind him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-vs-tron-pro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.