55%

(121 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iron-Man-3-Header1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
joust-2player-1.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

MetallicA is awesome and if you like the Band It's even More Awesome
Tron is Really Close if you like that theme better

#52 8 years ago

Have both and really like them a lot. But Tron le gets nod. Just more immersive. Have a nib Tron le if anyone is interested. Pm me. Don't worry. Still keeping my hip Tron le. Just don't need two.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Could we all agree and say these are the best two Sterns, regardless of Pinside ranking? That's where I am right now.

Nah, SM and IM are better.

#54 8 years ago

TRONLE sold today, $9500 cash- FYI
IMHO AC/DC Premium rules all Sterns. STLE, MOPLE, XMENLE,LOTR w/shaker, HULK, TFLE, IM,BSM and MMr are all better Sterns than Tron. With all due respect to Stern, Tron and NGG seem to be dyslexic sisters of a different Mother. Even NGG beats TRON with more ramps pop up gofers and a flying pinball for a hole-in-one, not to mention the music, if you have heard the guitar licks on NGG, you know you how sweet it feels/sounds.
From a unit-of-fun sense, TRONLE is the Highest cost per unit of fun. XMENLE Least cost per the same standard unit of fun.....LOL. But they are ALL more fun than working for a living.

#55 8 years ago

Both at the same time.

#56 8 years ago

Metallica is mine because of how fast you have to react and how rewarding it is to collect a double crank it up jackpot
but TRON isn't far behind though lets just say they are both great games

#57 8 years ago

I Have owned both versions of Tron and have owned Metallica pro 2 times. My vote goes to Tron due to no annoying Sparky or Lars callouts! Metallica is a great game but Tron makes me keep pressing start.

#58 8 years ago

Tron
End of line.

#59 8 years ago

With the announcement that the 3rd Tron movie is dead, looks like everyone waiting for VE TRON prob wont get it, So I say buy a Tron now before prices raise again, they are pretty low last month or so with all the speculation

#60 8 years ago

I voted Tron here, but ACDC is better than both IMO.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, I love ACDC, but TRON and Metallica are the best Sterns.

Rather than worry about which one is on top I just have all three. There definitely isn't another Stern game I would trade any of them for right now.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rather than worry about which one is on top I just have all three. There definitely isn't another Stern game I would trade any of them for right now.

Iron Man is more fun than any of those three.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

For Fun I'd say IM is the best, but if I could only have one pin it would be AcDc premium due to the longer more complex rules.

But as a pure distilled game IM is the best I've ever played.

Iron-Man-3-Header1.jpgIron-Man-3-Header1.jpg

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Eh. I do get the appeal, but I wouldn't trade any of those three for an Iron Man. Right now if I'm in the mood for a brutal quick game I'm going to fire up Flash Gordon.

I have admittedly not played Iron Man a ton, and it sounds awesome with a sub underneath it, but at least for the moment there isn't enough there to put it on my buy list.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh. I do get the appeal, but I wouldn't trade any of those three for an Iron Man. Right now if I'm in the mood for a brutal quick game I'm going to fire up Flash Gordon.
I have admittedly not played Iron Man a ton, and it sounds awesome with a sub underneath it, but at least for the moment there isn't enough there to put it on my buy list.

Your loss.

I've owned IM twice. I've been in love with it since the very first ball I played on it. Won't make the mistake of selling my second one.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your loss.
I've owned IM twice. I've been in love with it since the very first ball I played on it. Won't make the mistake of selling my second one.

I Wanted to like IM and love the movies + Comics but Pinwise Met AcDc Tron and Spiderman makes Iron man feel like : Mmmmm just ok

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I Wanted to like IM and love the movies + Comics but Pinwise Met AcDc Tron and spiderman makes Iron Man feel like : Mmmmm just ok

I obviously disagree.

Big time.

#68 8 years ago

MET PREM/LE > ACDC Prem > MET Pro > IM > TRON Pro or LE > ACDC Pro. Difference between each is minuscule; such that they are practically the same.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I obviously disagree.
Big time.

to each their own .

I am just sooooo happy that MetallicA is That Great of a Pin, (code,Toys,Music and art)
That was my Dream Theme for a Pinball...wishes do come true, but i never
ever tough it would be That awesome of a Machine.

#70 8 years ago

I love both games they are fantastic but I like Tron for its theme overall.

Tron, MET, ACDC, LOTR, XMLE, TSPP all great games IMO.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I Wanted to like IM and love the movies + Comics but Pinwise Met AcDc Tron and spiderman makes Iron Man feel like : Mmmmm just ok

I have to agree. I like everything Iron Man, even the pin, just not enough to ever own one. I've played it many times and I do see the appeal and I do like the theme, its just that there are too many other games I would rather own.

#72 8 years ago

Had both and Tron stayed. Please don't compare Metallica's flow or shot feel to Tron, you will be let down bigtime. I found MET to be a damn good game I could live without. Feels clunky in some spots(snake scoop)and feels like I'm going to break my game in other spots (hello to you broken in-line drop targets). Gotta chance recently to play the Pro on new code and MET has improved a lot rules wise but did not seem to come together like Tron does.

Tron is magical, and up there with AC/DC in terms of flow and fun shots. In terms of speed of ball travel Tron can be intense compared to most games and I dig this. With the lights down and the sound up one game just is pretty close to be perfect and continues to make me smile and not want to sell a couple years after it came home in the most awesome trade ever.

Tron also does not have to deal with the "must drop through the pop bumpers shot or plunge" that so many recent games like ST and TWD suffer from, which I cannot stand along with stand up posts needed to get into the pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-vs-metalltica-lepremium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.