Topic poll

“The Clash of the Titans”

• Tron LE 55 votes
    45%
  • Metallica LE/Premuim 66 votes
    55%

(121 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Iron-Man-3-Header1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
joust-2player-1.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I'm not looking to start a war here, just curious what the current consensus is. I have played both of these games quite a bit and plan on getting both of them at some point, but just trying to decide which one to get first.

I know this has been done before, but that last thread I saw was over a year ago and Metallica has come a long way since then. So, disregarding cost, which one would you get?

#2 4 years ago

Tron, any and every day of the week

#3 4 years ago

Tallica every day of the week

Both are awesome but met is a little more
Fun for me on every level

I have both.... stern rocks

#4 4 years ago

Emotionally - Tron
Objectively - Met

I have both. My head and my heart seem to be getting along ok for the moment..but who can tell??

#5 4 years ago

I have a nicely modded Tron Pro (Eli ramps etc) and a Metallica LE. I love having them both. If I was forced to sell one and keep the other I'd keep Metallica. But I'm glad I don't have to choose, they're right next to each other, and I play them one after the other all the time.

#6 4 years ago

I liked them both..while they were here.

#7 4 years ago

Metallica is the better game, Tron has better bling.

#8 4 years ago

Metallica, because I know that lapnip will come in here and vote Tron and I want to cancel his vote out

actually, I love them both, but I think that MET has a little better flow to it. I thought that my CftBL was a drain monster until I played a Tron for the first time

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Metallica is the better game, Tron has better bling.

This......

#10 4 years ago

IMO Tron is better - but Metallica is close if you change the music

FWIW...
- complexity and/or depth of rules does not necessarily make them better (both have great rules)
- flow is subjective and depends on skill -> the more skill, the more flow
- it's hard to beat this flow on Tron....
--- Left Ramp -> Quorrra -> Right Ramp -> Right Orbit -> Right Ramp -> Scoop for EOL

BTW - LE does not matter on Tron, but it's nice for the bling - I prefer not having drops on Tron because I think it's more fun to have the choice of making GEM via 2 different shots.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

prefer not having drops on Tron because I think it's more fun to have the choice of making GEM via 2 different shots

Don't listen to him .. Gem is bankable off the drops!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Don't listen to him .. Gem is bankable off the drops!

I would be celebrating too, if I could make that shot

Possible new mod idea -> rubber coated drop targets!
Keep the ball moving, and still have the satisfaction of knocking down the targets.

#14 4 years ago
▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓   ▓
  ▓   ▓░░░▓ ▓░░░▓ ▓▓  ▓
  ▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓░ ░▓ ▓ ▓ ▓
  ▓   ▓   ▓ ▓░░░▓ ▓  ▓▓
  ▓   ▓   ▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓   ▓

end of line...
#15 4 years ago

I sold my tron pro for a metallica pro (would have done the same with the le). guess that answers your question imo.

#16 4 years ago

Metallica all the way

#17 4 years ago

Tron! Too bad Metallica wasn't a real band like Megadeth. Metallica is the poser's metal band post 1991. They relied heavily on Cliff Burton to write good music on Ride the lightning and Master of Puppets. Stole a Ton of Dave Mustaine's music and passed it off as their own. I used to love this band till I found out they are dicks. Look what they Did to Jason Newsted. I would never give them another dime. Watch that stupid What a Monster Movie and you will see how full of themselves they are. Bob Rock had to come in and save their newest album. Tron is pure genius, energy flow, looks and doesn't have any LARS in in it!

#18 4 years ago

I guess we could get technical here. gameplay vs collectability?

Tron! Too bad Metallica wasn't a real band like Megadeth. Metallica is the poser's metal band post 1991.

sure you might not like metallica the band, but the gameplay and depth is far superior to tron imo.

tron le is by far more collectable than a metallica le imo.

my 2 cents.

I love the tron theme as equally as the metallica theme.

dirty Donny art > than tron photo shopping art

#19 4 years ago

You have asked a question that will get a 50/50 response. And it all comes down to preference. I love Tron, so I am going to say Tron. If someone else likes MET more, they will say MET. There is no right or wrong answer. And because there will be such an even split, you may as well get the better game, Tron

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Metallica, because I know that lapnip will come in here and vote Tron and I want to cancel his vote out
actually, I love them both, but I think that MET has a little better flow to it. I thought that my CftBL was a drain monster until I played a Tron for the first time

Just my opinion but I've owned both and TRON has MUCH better flow than MET. I liked MET, but I love TRON. To each their own, they are both incredible pins.

#21 4 years ago

Simply can't vote as I'm liable to piss my other pinball off. Love them both 50/50

#22 4 years ago

I have and like them both, however, I find that I play Tron more often.

#24 4 years ago

My TRONLE is being sold today, with some regret. However,I don't see me selling my MOPLE at this time. TRONLE left the house first.....
KISSLE to takes its place. Life is good.

#26 4 years ago

I found Tron LE to be more fun, and I was way more likely to play multiple games at a time on it than I was with MET.

#27 4 years ago

I'm in the same situation as you. I'd buy either one at this point, if I could only find them. But I'm currently leaning Metallica.

#28 4 years ago

I guess I was wondering ,doesn't Tron LE cost more to buy?or are they now close to the same price?,if they are I would narrowly pick Tron LE,if not I would save some cash and get Metallica Premium/LE.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

I guess I was wondering ,doesn't TRON LE cost more to buy?or are they now close to the same price?,if they are I would narrowly pick TRON LE,if not I would save some cash and get Metallica Premium/LE.

More. Call Tron LE $10k and METLE $7k just for the sake of easy comparisons.

#30 4 years ago

Buy the first one that is a good deal that pops up. Likely that will be Metallica. Tron LE deals all seem to come around in Jan when everyone is broke. So find a good deal on MET now and buy a TRONLE in Jan. Or save 6K and get moded HUO pro's of both for around $10500-$11000 and use the savings to buy a third game!!! They are both the best 2 pro models stern has made.

#31 4 years ago

My vote is Tron ..... though nothing beats those in line drops on Metallica

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMO Tron is better - but Metallica is close if you change the music
FWIW...
- complexity and/or depth of rules does not necessarily make them better (both have great rules)
- flow is subjective and depends on skill -> the more skill, the more flow
- it's hard to beat this flow on Tron....
--- Left Ramp -> Quorrra -> Right Ramp -> Right Orbit -> Right Ramp -> Scoop for EOL
BTW - LE does not matter on Tron, but it's nice for the bling - I prefer not having drops on Tron because I think it's more fun to have the choice of making GEM via 2 different shots.

This is an extremely valid point. Probably half of my Gem shots or more are from banking off the target bank. SoS and Portal would be a lot harder with a drop bank.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Tron! Too bad Metallica wasn't a real band like Megadeth. Metallica is the poser's metal band post 1991. They relied heavily on Cliff Burton to write good music on Ride the lightning and Master of Puppets. Stole a Ton of Dave Mustaine's music and passed it off as their own. I used to love this band till I found out they are dicks. Look what they Did to Jason Newsted. I would never give them another dime. Watch that stupid What a Monster Movie and you will see how full of themselves they are. Bob Rock had to come in and save their newest album. Tron is pure genius, energy flow, looks and doesn't have any LARS in in it!

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I guess we could get technical here. gameplay vs collectability?
Tron! Too bad Metallica wasn't a real band like Megadeth. Metallica is the poser's metal band post 1991.
sure you might not like Metallica the band, but the gameplay and depth is far superior to tron imo.
TRON LE is by far more collectable than a Metallica le imo.
my 2 cents.
I love the tron theme as equally as the Metallica theme.
dirty Donny art > than tron photo shopping art

are you guys wearing the same outfits today as well? it's almost as if you got together on the phone while crafting your responses

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

are you guys wearing the same outfits today as well? it's almost as if you got together on the phone while crafting your responses

hey... you are wearing our matching Joust socks today, right ?
i'd feel foolish being the only one, again

joust-2player-1.jpg

#35 4 years ago

Had a very very modded pro tron and could not see what the hype is about but my met premium-is going no where

#36 4 years ago

IM, then MET

#37 4 years ago

Well, let's see...if Dave Mustaine was still in Metallica, that might make my choice difficult. He isn't, so this is easy--the best themed, looking and playing pin gets my vote, TRON.

#38 4 years ago

I think Met is *technically* the better game (art, toys, design, originality, rules) ...buuuuut, man...Tron is just so damn fun and that Daft Punk/Thiel music just pumps you up like no other game!

#39 4 years ago

TRONLE.....period...it is interesting (somewhat) how these things get rehashed..... how many METLE's were produced (strictly out of curiosity and for a bit of relevance on my end)?...thanks....mark

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TRONLE.....period...it is interesting (somewhat) how these things get rehashed..... how many METLE's were produced (strictly out of curiosity and for a bit of relevance on my end)?...thanks....mark

#41 4 years ago

I just did something weird....went to quote Greg's response and thank him, but it changed the quote in his response (looks like he's answering himself)......sorry, not sure what I did

#42 4 years ago

Trying again....thank you greg

#43 4 years ago

Totally different games man. I own Tron, and just dumped $20 into Met Prem at the PHOF earlier this week. It was fun! The most immediate difference is that it feels like things reset between balls in Met (ie: grave marker drop targets). It also felt like achieving goals took way more of the same shot over and over again. A great competition game for sure! Just go play the heck out of both, have fun, and decide for yourself ^_^

#44 4 years ago

Metallica...much deeper software. Both are great games though...

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

joust-2player-1.jpg

LOL! Great filename.

#46 4 years ago

Could we all agree and say these are the best two Sterns, regardless of Pinside ranking? That's where I am right now.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Could we all agree and say these are the best two Sterns, regardless of Pinside ranking? That's where I am right now.

What about AcDc?

#49 4 years ago

Tronnnnnnnnn
image.jpg

#50 4 years ago

Yeah, I love ACDC, but TRON and Metallica are the best Sterns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside