11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Decide.gif
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Very overpriced, expect the price to cut in 2 in the next 5 years because all the new Stern release to come.

Approx 150 le's in the US and you think they will go down in price?

#52 11 years ago

Did you get it??

#53 11 years ago

Yeah, just wait until new code is released and watch the value drop!

#54 11 years ago

Word is that Waison is polishing the code up on Tron LE.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Monkey:

LOL! Bank robber. Your collection is awesome, MM is my dream machine. I spent about $80 playing one recently, I was so surprised to find one on location in my home city. I now understand what people mean when they say "build quality" but my sterns are just fine still.
I work on the mines in WA, made enough money to buy a hydraulic crane so now I hire that out What about you? How did you afford that MM... hmmm?

Where is the MM on site? If it's near me I might have to go and play it.

#56 11 years ago

A fellow pinsider in/near Perth? WOW! Funny story, my GF and i were in going to watch a movie in Belmont. The short of it is we had a little fight in the car so i went in to pay for the tickets... and what is in the Belmont Reading Cinema? MM! Suffice it to say we didn't see that movie, it was just some chick flick anyways. She was furious when she saw the grin on my face. I totally forgot i was meant to be angry, MM took all my worries away! She stormed off back to the car.. enough time for 3 more games! LOL i have to get one soon. But i want a high end restoration one Slash if you are close, get to Belmont Reading Cinema. Hell, get there even if you aren't that close. Its Top of the 100 list for a reason. Hope its still there. Let me know what you think of it.

#57 11 years ago

Cheers Belmont is not too far a drive for me, I'll have to go and check it out! I've only played MM one other time and loved it.

#58 11 years ago

Honestly, $13k Australian is crazy for a Tron LE.

Go and join Aussie Arcade, the guys there will put you on the right track.

In saying that, I know a few guys who work in the mines, they earn CRAZY money, and have nothing to spend it on put there (except for booze and hookers) so they have amassed a lot of crazy toys in the last few years.

It's almost like the mines are on a different planet with a different currency ... The guys earn 3x more than anyone else, the houses are 3x more expensive out there, everything is weird!

But take the money with both hands while you can ... I certainly would!!

Back to Tron LE, I think the going price is around $10k Aussie from what I've seen on Aussie Arcade.

Sweet!

rd.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

So you expect Tron LEs to drop to 5K range in the next 5 years? So by that logic, you will also expect Back In Black/Let There Be Rock to cut in 2 as well?
Personally, I think TRON LE has peaked, but I don't expect a huge drop. My guess is that 5 years from now, TRON LE will be $9-$10K depending on mods and condition.
Marcus

In my humble opinion,
I expect the Tron LE price will drop to 7500$. I play to both Tron Pro and LE and have the same fun. Tron is based on a commercial low value movie but AC/DC is based on a much more popular theme. In 5 years pins buyers will have lot more choice because Stern will have release about 15 more titles and collectors will be full of pins in their basement soon or later. Also buyers will have choice between new pinball manufacturer if they survive !

Very few people have the money to pay 10K+ for a pin, most Tron LE owners bought it at 6000$ and they are still original owners.

There's tons of fun pins for under 5K$ and there will be more in the future.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

In my humble opinion,
I expect the TRON LE price will drop to 7500$. I play to both Tron Pro and LE and have the same fun. Tron is based on a commercial low value movie but AC/DC is based on a much more popular theme. In 5 years pins buyers will have lot more choice because Stern will have release about 15 more titles and collectors will be full of pins in their basement soon or later. Also buyers will have choice between new pinball manufacturer if they survive !

Very few people have the money to pay 10K+ for a pin, most TRON LE owners bought it at 6000$ and they are still original owners.

There's tons of fun pins for under 5K$ and there will be more in the future.

For my sake i hope you are wrong although i don't plan on selling, if i buy it. But its always nice to know what you have is worth a bit of money. Though i will say, to the best of my knowledge there are about 30 TRON LE's in Australia. Not too many really, so even if (and im sure there will be) there are alot of better pins made in the future, TRON LE may keep its value. Hopefully.

#61 11 years ago

Great game. I own one and highly recommend it. Is it worth 13k? Maybe to you. I wouldn't have 13k to buy one right now, but knowing how rare they are it might be worth it. But honestly it is my favorite pin, and I have a lot of other top titles like CV, TOM, LOTR, SM, STTNG, Williams IJ, etc. It is the only pin I have that gets played over and over by me.

#62 11 years ago

Hal I think a few of us have a love of Tron from the eighties and the newer movie had a little to do with our buying decision. For me I love the Tron universe and have played/owned every game from arcades to consoles dating back to intellivision. For me the theme, color and sounds are just are a dream come true and one of the main reason I got interested in this hobby. If it goes for 7500 so be it but I think you are dreaming there are too few of them around for them to drop that much. Bet there is only a handful of LE Trons in Australia.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

In my humble opinion,
I expect the TRON LE price will drop to 7500$. I play to both Tron Pro and LE and have the same fun. Tron is based on a commercial low value movie but AC/DC is based on a much more popular theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-should-i-buy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.