Tron LE Price comparison

By docscott

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

If Tron LE is now worth north of 8k, what does that make MB, MM, AFM worth? Or even CC, CV, and TAF?

Hard to believe how fast this pin has gone up. I'd sure rather have a great shape classic than Tron LE. Is there anyone who would prefer a Tron LE to the pins above?

#2 12 years ago

Not me .. Has anyone actually paid that much for a Tron LE ?

Jim

#3 12 years ago

The last unconfirmed Tron LE to sell was about $7500. I think two went for $6,600 here on Pinside. A big factor is that we're talking NIB price, not resale. So apples to apples we're not talking the same for a MB, MM etc...

Tron LEs are still too new to get a good idea of resale value. Anybody know of LE resales lately?

Side note ... perfectly happy with my Tron Pro. I'd like to have the EL wire lighting, but the other features I can do without. And -inevitably- someone will come up with a kit, futher narrowing the need to have the LE.

Until then I'm happy adding a few mods like the upgraded lightcycle toys. I might even add the action figures to the pf. Not usually my preference, but I've seen it done and it looks right.

#4 12 years ago

Mrpinball today, NIB Tron LE, asking 8k.

#5 12 years ago

There are very few NIB Tron LEs left, and everyone went nuts on their price after GEX sold those last two here for $6600 a couple weeks back. There just aren't any HUO for sale out there now, so the market is peaking. Once people start selling theirs, which they will sooner or later, the market will establish itself.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There are very few NIB Tron LEs left, and everyone went nuts on their price after GEX sold those last two here for $6600 a couple weeks back. There just aren't any HUO for sale out there now, so the market is peaking. Once people start selling theirs, which they will sooner or later, the market will establish itself.

agreed. I certainly don't feel the need to pay such a high price with so many others on the horizon at the same or lower prices. WOZ, ACDC.... and maybe a zombie theme coming up sometime soon...

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There maybe only 200 or less of these i the US alone and the game f'ing rocks. Supply and demand baby! And i don't think anybody is selling theirs anytime soon.

Scott

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

There maybe only 200 or less of these i the US alone and the game f'ing rocks. Supply and demand baby! And i don't think anybody is selling theirs anytime soon.

Scott

+1

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

If Tron LE is now worth north of 8k, what does that make MB, MM, AFM worth? Or even CC, CV, and TAF?

I don't think it changes their value any (and I own three of the games mentioned: AFM, MB, and TAF; besides TRON LE).

IMO, TRON LE was simply making its initial post-release move--whereas the other titles have been making their moves for the last 13 to 20 years (based on supply and demand of course).

But the main reason for TRON LE's meteoric rise is there has been virtually no supply, coupled with huge demand.

Whereas on the other games, there's been some supply because production of each was in the thousands (with the exception of CC).

TAF: 20,000 units
MM: 4016 units
AFM: 3450 units
MB: 3361 units
CV: 2704 units
CC: 903 units

But on TRON LE: just 400 units were produced.

I think folks overlook how low of a number only 400 units really is.

And if it's true that only 200-250 games are in United States, that explains why FS listings on HUOs have been virtually none existent. (I've only seen a few on all the forums, Mr. Pinball, etc. since the game was released.)

I think collectors are simply holding on to TRON LEs the same way they've generally held on to BBBs (191 units produced).

#10 12 years ago

you make a good point about the numbers. And about all the LE numbers.... I wonder how many Avatar LEs were made? That, despite the numbers, didn't drive up price, due to no demand.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

you make a good point about the numbers. And about all the LE numbers.... I wonder how many Avatar LEs were made? That, despite the numbers, didn't drive up price, due to no demand.

Right Doc; demand obviously has to be there too.

Look at LIS: only 600 units made.

Despite the low production, only averages about $1500.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

The last unconfirmed Tron LE to sell was about $7500. I think two went for $6,600 here on Pinside. A big factor is that we're talking NIB price, not resale. So apples to apples we're not talking the same for a MB, MM etc...
Tron LEs are still too new to get a good idea of resale value. Anybody know of LE resales lately?
Side note ... perfectly happy with my Tron Pro. I'd like to have the EL wire lighting, but the other features I can do without. And -inevitably- someone will come up with a kit, futher narrowing the need to have the LE.
Until then I'm happy adding a few mods like the upgraded lightcycle toys. I might even add the action figures to the pf. Not usually my preference, but I've seen it done and it looks right.

The pro pretty much has all the gameplay features unlike acdc and transformers. You can add nice blue EL wire to the ramps and while it's not perfectly color changing by software it is really neat. And you can do this for about $150. I used 30 feet of thin el wire in a single run and attached it to the ramps with scotch tape. Turned out great.

#13 12 years ago

I have played the TF LE, it is a great game, very pretty. IMO it is no where near an 8K game, demand and supply here for sure. Their are more then 200 people in the U.S. that are willing to pay that for it.

7 months later
#14 11 years ago

Just turned down a restored AFM and $1k for my LE.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Don't blame you. 400 Tron LE's vs 3450 AFM's

#16 11 years ago

Love AFM, but love TRON more. Wouldn't even consider an MM at this point.

Sorry, but this game is just close to the greatest. No bs.

(If not THE greatest). Owned it since NIB, still my families fav.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Who was willing to do that? Have them send me a PM if they are still looking.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

Hard to believe how fast this pin has gone up. I'd sure rather have a great shape classic than TRON LE. Is there anyone who would prefer a TRON LE to the pins above?

Depends on the person. I'd take Tron LE over MB, TAF and CC any day.

But, having said that, with price factored in, I'd personally also take a Tron over a Tron LE any day. And, if you look at price like that, then I would take a Tron and the money over a MM, AFM and CV every day too.

So, I guess I'd take a Tron over all of the above any day. Personally.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Depends on the person. I'd take TRON LE over MB, TAF and CC any day.
But, having said that, with price factored in, I'd personally also take a Tron over a TRON LE any day. And, if you look at price like that, then I would take a Tron and the money over a MM, AFM and CV every day too.

With price factored in, this is a sound argument that I happen to agree with, especially with the mods coming along for the TRON Pro.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

If TRON LE is now worth north of 8k, what does that make MB, MM, AFM worth? Or even CC, CV, and TAF?
Hard to believe how fast this pin has gone up. I'd sure rather have a great shape classic than TRON LE. Is there anyone who would prefer a TRON LE to the pins above?

I prefer Tron LE over all the pins you mentioned.. Best Pin out there IMO And Cheaper than AFM and MM

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Dan, did you ever open up the box on that Tron you had?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

I prefer TRON LE over all the pins you mentioned.. Best Pin out there IMO And Cheaper than AFM and MM

No longer cheaper than AFM! Not in my book. Creeping up on MM too.
Congrats to all that bought a Pro, with the new lighting kit from Eli, should make a great pin even greater!

Friend of mine told me my LE will be worthless once the lit ramp kit is made. I told him ANYONE with a Tron, be it Pro or LE, has a fantastic purchase, no matter.

WE ARE THE TRON GEEKS!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No longer cheaper than AFM! Not in my book. Creeping up on MM too.Congrats to all that bought a Pro, with the new lighting kit from Eli, should make a great pin even greater!
Friend of mine told me my LE will be worthless once the lit ramp kit is made. I told him ANYONE with a Tron, be it Pro or LE, has a fantastic purchase, no matter.
WE ARE THE TRON GEEKS!

In no way to I see an LE becoming worthless. I would wonder, though, with the addition of Eli's fiber optic mod, inclusion of LEDs, shaker kits, etc., if there will be a bit more parity between the Pro and LE (not equal in price, mind you, but more parity).

I agree, though, that both the LE and Pro are fantastic!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

In no way to I see an LE becoming worthless. I would wonder, though, with the addition of Eli's fiber optic mod, inclusion of LEDs, shaker kits, etc., if there will be a bit more parity between the Pro and LE (not equal in price, mind you, but more parity).
I agree, though, that both the LE and Pro are fantastic!

Are you kidding? I am expecting my Tron pro to be worth 8k once Eli's kit is installed.

#25 11 years ago

I will always opt for the LE if I believe that the pin will stay in the lineup for awhile. The financial difference is irrelevant to me as long as the purchase price is +/- 10% market price... Pinball's not my job.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from wescor97:

I will always opt for the LE if I believe that the pin will stay in the lineup for awhile. The financial difference is irrelevant to me as long as the purchase price is +/- 10% market price... Pinball's not my job.

I mean nothing by this, yet I wish I could say the same. For me, regretfully, the financial difference is relevant in that I just do not make enough money to justify the ~$3,000 extra for an LE over a Pro. Yet if one can afford it, I would also recommend the LE (nothing taken from the Pro, though, and I am delighted and honored to own one).

#27 11 years ago

TRON LE's were going for $9K-$10K throughout the summer NIB (if you could find one). Terry at Pinball Life sold one for a friend $9K. A few were on location and came up for sale around $7K also in the summer. The reason why I remember is because I was looking for one I eventually picked up a HUO with a few mods for $8500. I dont know if this helps or not.

With such a low production of only 400 the suppy and demand drove the price up for the LE's. I dont know why Stern decided to produce so few of them.

Mike

www.HabosArcade.com

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Dan, did you ever open up the box on that Tron you had?

Not yet. It *might* be opened on 3/23 though in Brookfield, Wisconsin for a certain event

*Maybe.* Some other things still need to fall into place. Job situation currently dictates that I might not be able to afford keeping it, but I am waiting to see how that changes. Heh, one way or another, 3/23 is probably when I'll know for sure

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I dont know why Stern decided to produce so few of them.
Mike
http://www.HabosArcade.com

Well, at the time, he kept raising the number of LE's with each model and Tron got more than the previous. Went overboard on TF and scaled back on AC/DC and Xmen. They are just trying to find the right number. I think with the success of Black Spide and Tron and such, that ~500 is about right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-price-comparison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.