Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

southpark-backbox-mod.jpg
DSCN2862.JPG
tron-backbox.jpg
image-693.jpg
sad.jpeg
tronle.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I received my replacement playfield from Stern but they sent me a Tron LE playfield instead of a Pro playfield. So I'm looking to sell this LE playfield so I can buy a Pro one.

I'm just looking for enough to order that Pro playfield + shipping so I break even in the end (around $800 USD). Pic of playfield below.

tronle.jpgtronle.jpg

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Out of curiosity why would you NOT want an LE playfield?
And why wouldn't you just send it back to Stern and exchange?

Stern is out of Tron playfields and I have a Pro.

#6 9 years ago

Waiting on Frax to make a decision. First dibbs go to him. If he decides he doesn't want it, it will still be for sale.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ive been wanting a tron for wall art. Damn things are so expensive.

If you can find them, which really you can't anymore.

#19 9 years ago

I am not advanced enough to tackle drilling new holes for the pro harness (which is different then the LE harness) and all that hard stuff, too intimidating for me. Someone did give me the suggestion just to purchase the Tron drop target assembly from Stern then put this playfield in with the LE drops and put the LE code in and boom, I'll have an LE. If I don't sell this I will try to tackle that task, but seems too big for me.

#34 9 years ago

I've had A TON of PM's. If I haven't responded to you yet, I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't had time to respond to everyone, but I will.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I don't see the designer signature on this PF, so I would also think it doesn't have the additional coat of clear that the LE's had.

This ^^^^^^ is incorrect of course. It has a super thick coat of clear on it.

#38 9 years ago

Ok way too many PM"s to go through so I'll just leave it as first person to send me an international money order for $800 plus shipping can have it. This way it will also weed out the tire kickers.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe that's why mine is worthless.

No signature, no soup for you!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Aren't you just going to get a ton of MOs instead of a ton of PMs?

No, I don't think people are that silly, but after re-reading what I wrote, it does sound like that. What I meant was first person to PM me and offer to send the MO I would give my address and shipping quote to and the deal would be done. I hope that makes more sense, I don't have a good way with words I guess.

#50 9 years ago

Playfield has been sold pending payment. Thanks for all the interest.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Are you telling us you JUST got this LE playfield direct from Stern? I had a warranty claim with them for playfield defects in 2011 and they said no additional playfields existed.

Yes I just got it from them. I had a warrantee claim as well from two years ago and they told me there were no more pro playfields too. Then I called them and they said they found the last pro playfield to send me. They thought they sent me the last pro playfield, but it turns out it was the last LE playfield.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Did I miss something? There was a guy with a pro playfield willing to trade but you sell the LE playfield. Did you find one to buy?

Instead of just a straight swap out, I decided I want tons of clear on my pro playfield so I'm going to send mine out to be professionally touched up and triple cleared. That way I never have to worry about removing it again.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is why I would be keen for a new playfield. The rest of my PF is pristine. But for some reason the drain area is all crazed. I probably just drain too much. Lol!

image-693.jpg 248 KB

Whoa, looks like you really need it. I'm glad it's going to a good home.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

The le pf's are not as rare as you think because I have a le and a pro.

From the overwhelming responses I've been getting they seem to be hard to find. How long ago did you get that LE playfield? If it was awhile ago I'm sure they were easier to find then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-playfield?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.