(Topic ID: 14293)

Tron LE Playfield auto's only 50 made or all 400 ?

By ctozzi

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I recently bought a Tron LE and it's coming tomorrow, yes I can hardly wait, I was wondering I saw an ad on ebay saying this:

TRON LIMITED EDITION LE SIGNED Pinball Machine ! VERY RARE ONLY 50 SIGNED!

Are all 400 LE's signed or only 50 as this seller stated ? Mine is signed and wasn't aware of the 50 vs 400 limited quantity.

Thanks

Chris

#2 9 years ago

Only the first 50 are signed.. Signed by Designer and G. Stern I think

#3 9 years ago

I purposely paid less for a game higher than #50 to ensure my game was not signed by Gary. Sneaky huh!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I purposely paid less for a game higher than #50 to ensure my game was not signed by Gary. Sneaky huh!

I see what you did there.

#6 9 years ago

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Double post

#7 9 years ago

Hmm ok, so are these 50 seen as more of a collectible, or whatever they are signed and who cares ?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Hmm ok, so are these 50 seen as more of a collectible, or whatever they are signed and who cares ?

Just a nice touch I guess. I don't think it adds much value wise myself but who knows maybe someone out there would pay more for a signed one.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

ctozzi said:

Just a nice touch I guess. I don't think it adds much value wise myself but who knows maybe someone out there would pay more for a signed one.

I believe the signed ones were 400-500 more expensive from the factory. Congrats on the new pin, Chris.

#10 9 years ago

Yea I dont think you would be able to make that back upon resell but just my opinion.

#11 9 years ago

ok cool, no worries I'm not going to move this one anytime soon. I guess I'd rather have the auto version then not but really I could care less.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yea I dont think you would be able to make that back upon resell but just my opinion.

Don't Tron LEs sell for like 8K ?

Jim

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The_Dude_Abides said:Yea I dont think you would be able to make that back upon resell but just my opinion.
Jim

Yes, but he's saying that he won't get $400-$500 more for his because of the "autograph".

#14 9 years ago

Nice touch, does not add value IMO. The up-charge was for a low number, most collectors except for 1-10 don't give a winky. Congrats on the LE, i love mine. Enjoy.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The_Dude_Abides said:Yea I dont think you would be able to make that back upon resell but just my opinion.
Jim

You know exactly how much they go for. Are you asking if he paid 8K?

MK

#16 9 years ago

They also did this on some Ironman games. Not a Le game just signed.
I don't feel it adds any value and not 1 person has noticed it.

7 years later
#17 2 years ago

So what was the street price of a NIB LE back in the day? Also, what is this signature thing? True only 50 got signed? Never seen anything in ads mentioning signature or not, so I guess that didn’t become a thing? Wholly thread resurrection Batman!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

So what was the street price of a NIB LE back in the day? Also, what is this signature thing? True only 50 got signed? Never seen anything in ads mentioning signature or not, so I guess that didn’t become a thing? Wholly thread resurrection Batman!

Bought mine NIB TRON LE sold now for $7000 aud

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I went with a friend to pick up his NIB LE from the local distributor and it was $5,500

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside