Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

southpark-backbox-mod.jpg
DSCN2862.JPG
tron-backbox.jpg
image-693.jpg
sad.jpeg
tronle.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I received my replacement playfield from Stern but they sent me a Tron LE playfield instead of a Pro playfield. So I'm looking to sell this LE playfield so I can buy a Pro one.

I'm just looking for enough to order that Pro playfield + shipping so I break even in the end (around $800 USD). Pic of playfield below.

tronle.jpgtronle.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Out of curiosity why would you NOT want an LE playfield?

And why wouldn't you just send it back to Stern and exchange?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Stern is out of Tron playfields and I have a Pro.

#4 9 years ago

What are the differences between the two?

#5 9 years ago

What would you do with an LE playfield without an LE?

#6 9 years ago

Waiting on Frax to make a decision. First dibbs go to him. If he decides he doesn't want it, it will still be for sale.

#7 9 years ago

Do it Frax! DO ITTTT

#8 9 years ago

Ive been wanting a tron for wall art. Damn things are so expensive.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ive been wanting a tron for wall art. Damn things are so expensive.

If you can find them, which really you can't anymore.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

What would you do with an LE playfield without an LE?

Put it in a pro...? It's functionally the same thing no? Or are there differences I'm unaware of? Thought it was just the insert borders, but maybe there's additional material removed for the drops?

Assuming it's physically the same dimensions, I'm surprised this would be undesirable - getting LE junk into pro's is all the rage.

#11 9 years ago

The issue is that without having it side by side with a blank pro PF it's hard to make sure the dimples and holes are identical. I know TOPSIDE there's not much difference but light sockets and those LED boards probably have different screw holes.

I'm still not 100% certain on the drop target hole being the same size as the standup target hole either. In the end, I just can't justify adding another 800$ of expense to what will probably already be the most expensive pro ever created with the plans I already have for it. It would look *amazing* in my game with what I have planned, but timing is just way off and this would be the very last thing I'd possibly do. This is MORE than a totally fair price for this thing, and the odds of prying one out of anyone else's hands are so close to zero, I'm not sure the difference is distinguishable. I am stupid for not buying this, I already know that. I know that I will be pissed off about it later, too.

Someone needs to buy this, or trade this guy a pro playfield. Something. You won't get another chance. If my Jackbot sells and this is still for sale, I'm not going to pass again. =P

#12 9 years ago

Whoever buys this should get it cleared before installing.

I cleared my TRONle and it looks like a million bucks (in my humble opinion).

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The issue is that without having it side by side with a blank pro PF it's hard to make sure the dimples and holes are identical. I know TOPSIDE there's not much difference but light sockets and those LED boards probably have different screw holes.
I'm still not 100% certain on the drop target hole being the same size as the standup target hole either. In the end, I just can't justify adding another 800$ of expense to what will probably already be the most expensive pro ever created with the plans I already have for it. It would look *amazing* in my game with what I have planned, but timing is just way off and this would be the very last thing I'd possibly do. This is MORE than a totally fair price for this thing, and the odds of prying one out of anyone else's hands are so close to zero, I'm not sure the difference is distinguishable. I am stupid for not buying this, I already know that. I know that I will be pissed off about it later, too.
Someone needs to buy this, or trade this guy a pro playfield. Something. You won't get another chance. If my Jackbot sells and this is still for sale, I'm not going to pass again. =P

Haha this is more the reaction I was expecting to an LE playfield from a pro owner. Just based on the image above the slot for the drops sure doesn't look much different than the pro playfield. The fact that the fiber optic holes are present on the Pro leads me to believe there are few if any differences between these things.

I'd be damn tempted by this thing if I hadn't just sunk a bunch of cash into a few other mods (LE Apron) and as-yet-to-be-realized projects.

#14 9 years ago

Is this a replacement due to defect on the original or did you buy it?

#15 9 years ago

Not sure if the pro has inserts for the legs and middle of the recognizer on the pf. The LE PF has those lit to match when the recognizer is moving on the LE.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Not sure if the pro has inserts for the legs and middle of the recognizer on the pf. The LE PF has those lit to match when the recognizer is moving on the LE.

No the pro has no inserts there. Would make for some fun modding to add some functionality there.

#17 9 years ago

No the pro has no inserts there. Would make for some fun modding to add some functionality there.

Just tie it into when the three standups on the rec-bank get hit. Not that complicated.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just tie it into when the three standups on the rec-bank get hit. Not that complicated.

Nope. And I think it would be possible to make each target on the bank light flash a specific insert without too much messing around I would think... maybe a bit of code and a little board or something? I'd probably farm out the task if it's not possible to do it with jumpers or something like the PIG, but it would be so worth it (imo)

Hence my questioning up top about why you wouldn't want to put this in a pro, assuming you were doing the PF swap anyway. Gotta stop thinking about this cause I really want to try it now...

#19 9 years ago

I am not advanced enough to tackle drilling new holes for the pro harness (which is different then the LE harness) and all that hard stuff, too intimidating for me. Someone did give me the suggestion just to purchase the Tron drop target assembly from Stern then put this playfield in with the LE drops and put the LE code in and boom, I'll have an LE. If I don't sell this I will try to tackle that task, but seems too big for me.

#20 9 years ago

Hence my questioning up top about why you wouldn't want to put this in a pro, assuming you were doing the PF swap anyway.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Including the price we paid for the machine, plus the price of all the existing mods in it, plus the price of all the mods we haven't managed to get our hands on yet, the powdercoat job we have planned, the cost to re-clear either our existing playfield or a new one..

Gets to the point (quickly!) where we might as well just sell ours for what we have in it and go after a full fledged LE.

#21 9 years ago

No pain, no gain!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Someone did give me the suggestion just to purchase the Tron drop target assembly from Stern then put this playfield in with the LE drops and put the LE code in and boom, I'll have an LE. If I don't sell this I will try to tackle that task, but seems too big for me.

IIRC there's more to it than that. There's a security lock preventing you using the LE code on a Pro machine, so you'd need to change the CPU board up. There's also the different harness wiring and the driver board and LED modules in addition to the drop target bank/wiring and the light sockets/wiring for the three extra inserts.

#23 9 years ago

I have a Tron pro playfield I will trade for it, or I can buy LE outright.
PM sent

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Gets to the point (quickly!) where we might as well just sell ours for what we have in it and go after a full fledged LE.

Dooooo eeeet!

#25 9 years ago

Lmao. I'd love to, but it all goes back to price - for the ten grand it'd cost me to get an LE, I could have two more Sterns, or a CV and TZ.. or... Yeah. No, we need to finish up everything on the one we have (have I mentioned that it's the SECOND one we've owned?) so that Frax can get the parts he needs ordered from Steve and get to work on my Crescendo.

Besides. Our kid was in the ER twice last week. Only one of the visits has even started to process. who knows how in the hell much all that's gonna cost us.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Our kid was in the ER twice last week. Only one of the visits has even started to process. who knows how in the hell much all that's gonna cost us.

That's the Reason I have 2 pins left now. Old baracorra and a strike n' spares if that even counts as a pin. Medical cost are way to much now.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

That's the Reason I have 2 pins left now. Old baracorra and a strike n' spares if that even counts as a pin. Medical cost are way to much now.

That can't be...obamacare was suppose to reduce health costs.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Yep. The older kid had knee surgery Dec 2012. I literally made the last payment to Children's two months ago. Younger kid ended up at the pediatrician's office the 20th of last month, the ER the night of the 21st, then the ER again the night of the 23rd. At least I know that Children's are cool with payment plans!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Obamacare has done absolutely nothing for us. Our premiums have stayed the same, our $2600/year deductible has stayed the same. Only change we've had is my kids' pediatrician now wants half their predicted fee up front instead of billing me, which is effing annoying because we've got an FSA - so the claim processes and the money dumps into our checking account the next day. Sounds okay, until I actually have to have money in hand to take a sick kid to the doctor.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Obamacare has done absolutely nothing for us. Our premiums have stayed the same, our $2600/year deductible has stayed the same. Only change we've had is my kids' pediatrician now wants half their predicted fee up front instead of billing me, which is effing annoying because we've got an FSA - so the claim processes and the money dumps into our checking account the next day. Sounds okay, until I actually have to have money in hand to take a sick kid to the doctor.

Average family plan in NJ has gone from $13k up to $20k. That's only for a family of 4. Family of 5 is closer to $25k.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Haha..... Obama has don't nothing for me. They want $800 a month for me alone and that's with a $12,000 deductible. I need spinal surgery. Either a laminectomy or fusion somewhere around $100,000. Either way money tends to be hard to come by when I have a list a mile long of stuff im not supposed to do.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Haha..... Obama has don't nothing for me. They want $800 a month for me alone and that's with a $12,000 deductible. I need spinal surgery. Either a laminectomy or fusion somewhere around $100,000. Either way money tends to be hard to come by when I have a list a mile long of stuff im not supposed to do.

It's only going to get worse.

Thank God the government stays out of the pinball market.

#32 9 years ago

WOW! This went off topic, went from a pinball playfield to Obama care?

#33 9 years ago

I was just about to ask the same thing. Shove the political crap...preferably to another forum.

#34 9 years ago

I've had A TON of PM's. If I haven't responded to you yet, I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't had time to respond to everyone, but I will.

#35 9 years ago

My offer is still good!

#36 9 years ago

I don't see the designer signature on this PF, so I would also think it doesn't have the additional coat of clear that the LE's had.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I don't see the designer signature on this PF, so I would also think it doesn't have the additional coat of clear that the LE's had.

This ^^^^^^ is incorrect of course. It has a super thick coat of clear on it.

#38 9 years ago

Ok way too many PM"s to go through so I'll just leave it as first person to send me an international money order for $800 plus shipping can have it. This way it will also weed out the tire kickers.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I don't see the designer signature on this PF

Funny, I don't see it on my LE playfield either. Might wanna check your facts!

#40 9 years ago

Signature was only on LEs 1-50 I believe

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Signature was only on LEs 1-50 I believe

Maybe that's why mine is worthless.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe that's why mine is worthless.

No signature, no soup for you!

#43 9 years ago

sad.jpegsad.jpeg

#44 9 years ago

You might as well just give it to me if it's missing a signature. Pinball charity at its best.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

You might as well just give it to me if it's missing a signature. Pinball charity at its best.

I'm gonna slap you. =P

#46 9 years ago

Thumbs up to seller. Really a standout guy. Someone's going to get a great playfield.

#47 9 years ago

If we all send him MO's that wants it, he is going to be a rich person.

#48 9 years ago

Aren't you just going to get a ton of MOs instead of a ton of PMs?

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Aren't you just going to get a ton of MOs instead of a ton of PMs?

No, I don't think people are that silly, but after re-reading what I wrote, it does sound like that. What I meant was first person to PM me and offer to send the MO I would give my address and shipping quote to and the deal would be done. I hope that makes more sense, I don't have a good way with words I guess.

#50 9 years ago

Playfield has been sold pending payment. Thanks for all the interest.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.