Tron le no sound at all

By OldHarley

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Had a party last week. Went to play tron and there is no sound. Everything works on the game except no sound. Power to the sound board is ok. Not sure what to check or where to start.

#2 8 years ago

First thing I'd do is check & reseat all connections from speakers all the way to the board.

#3 8 years ago

(Space reserved for when OldHarley fixes his sound problem. Then I'll crack a joke. For now, I have nothing to add. )

#4 8 years ago

No sound? 28.5 k. ( couldn't wait)

#5 8 years ago

I once had this happen to my MetLE. I had the headphone jack mod installed. It had been so long since I'd used the headphones that I had forgotten there was a sound cutout switch on the phone jack. Someone (probably me) had bumped the cutout switch cancelling the game sound. I looked for hours through the sound system on the machine looking for faults.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

No sound? 28.5 k. ( couldn't wait)

Bastard. That's kind of where I was going to go with that.

#7 8 years ago

Figured.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah...but I don't like to crack jokes in somebody's "need help" thread. It sucks when there's a problem, so it's not really funny.

So can somebody please help this guy out? I don't have a Tron.

#9 8 years ago

I do wish him a fast and easy fix, but I'm a dick and couldn't resist.

#10 8 years ago

No, I uninstalled the head phone jack just to make sure.

#11 8 years ago

Do you have sound when you put it into test? That would let us know if the speakers are good or not. I had a star trek limited do the same thing. I had sound in test, but not in the game. It was a bad update. I had to reinstall the last update.

Your game may be different.

#12 8 years ago

Any chance you crank your game loud or have upgraded speakers?

Outside of reseating things, I'm just going to guess it's the TDAs. Had one of mine die on a Tron I used to own. They are cheap and easy to replace like a large transistor.

#13 8 years ago

It's toast. I'll take off your hands.

#14 8 years ago

Verify power 1st. Make sure you have and are getting all the correct voltages. If you are check PCM1755 based on what I've read

#15 8 years ago

It's not the speakers. I had the headphone jack on it and there was no sound from the headphones either. I will check to see if there is sound in the test mode.

#16 8 years ago

No sound in test mode

#17 8 years ago

Was it a buckwerks or Pinnovators headphone kit?

#18 8 years ago

Pinnovators

#19 8 years ago

Make sure to remove my adapter at the sound board and plug the factory harness back into the amp. Then your completely disconnected from me.. If you still need help email [email protected]

#20 8 years ago

Turns out that I installed a bunch of pinnovators head phone jacks and forgot to install the ground wire inside the machine. The head phones blew a chip on the board. Mark from pinnovators helped me diagnose it and even offered to fix the board for me. I love the head phone jack. When you have a party and all 15 machines are going without the headphones you can't hear the callouts. Mute the machines and plug in headphones. People can talk and hear the pinballs.

#21 8 years ago

Static electricity from your headphones blew the chip
We got you covered

#22 8 years ago

What "chip" blew exactly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-no-sound-at-all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.