IMG_5236 (resized).JPG
screwed (resized).jpg
olivia-tronLE-bedtime-story-1.png
IMG_5213 (resized).JPG
IMG_5212 (resized).JPG
IMG_5211 (resized).JPG
IMG_5210 (resized).JPG
IMG_5204 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Like I said I didn't buy it as an investment planned on opening it. Still do. But wanted to get some opinions before I made the decision for sure.
And thanks Frax for saying that it wouldn't make sense to trade for exactly what I had into it since Tron LE and MB are the two games I've wanted for a while.

You answered your own question....if you've always wanted a Tron, you now have the grail in your house.....Open it, play it, install the mods..ENJOY IT...it's now an HUO TRONLE....and there were only 400 made, period. If you bought anywhere around 10k, you can enjoy it for years and still get most ( if not all) your $$$ back. They will not remake an LE...period....been stated numerous times( despite the dozens of complete bs rumors)....CONGRATS!!! ( clear disc, please)....

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

A lot of good advice here from all of you and I appreciate it. Based on some the feedback I did look for an LE HUO over the past couple of days and was not able to locate one. One person did reach out and make what I considered a strong offer and I was leaning towards taking it and searching for another couple of months. It was taking too long though and the more I thought about it the less I cared about possibly finding a HUO LE and another cheaper title. I've made stupid financial decisions before and I certainly will again but experiences are worth a lot too. Just broke open the box and there is a Tron LE in there and luckily no racoons or termites came running out of the box. I'm going to mod it out throughout the day and install the playfield protector (sorry Iceman I'm definitely going to enjoy the game but going to be gentle with her as well).

You, my Sir, are a wise man, now with one badass machine to ENJOY!!!! Great move!!!

#108 7 years ago

I own one, and still drool over these pics!!!!!! Super congrats!!!!!

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

One more thing, you've done the pinball community a good deed today, there's one more Tron LE out in the world to be played and enjoyed, and one less moldering away pointlessly in a cardboard box. So cheers to that!

couldn't agree more!!! Pins are meant to be played and enjoyed. Buy some gold or something if you want to speculate....

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

In my defense the only reason to sell would have been to purchase TWO pinball machines. That's got to count for something.

AHHH!!! valid then....gold comment retracted!!!

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

+1 for -$500 for opening it.

meh....+1000 for opening and enjoying, price drop (if any) will depend on the mods and demand at the time...... TRONLE time!!!!!!

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you mean... price increase

Oops....my bad....I was severely disappointed when you knocked yours down to around $37K,I blame it on alcohol....

#132 7 years ago

Op....make sure clear disc is high on the list, and move some of the great pics to the TRON Thread.....massive activity on the grid from time to time...!!!

#133 7 years ago

Tonight = yes!!!!

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

probably should meet lamp and get the secret LE club membership paperwork submitted.

Oops.....forgot there was the approval process...

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I've got the clear disk damn it I should have installed it when putting in the playfield protector.

Actually easier to install if you just drop the motor....4 screws.....you'll want to pull the black one and clean the disc anyway, before applying the new one. Trust me...worth the time, or your new playfield protector will have black marks all over it after just a few games.....

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Do you have to add additional adhesive on top of the self adhesive on the disk?

There has been debate on this topic....some have gotten away with no extra adhesive. Key is to insure old disc pad completely removed and plastic surface smooth and clean. I use loctite spray adhesive "300", clamp lightly and let set overnight. The clear disc launches the ball incredibly hard initially once installed, but will act more normal over time. I've replaced mine twice in over 4 years ( I like the crazy action), and the clear has held perfectly with the spray added.

I recommend the spray......

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's mine. Lemme know if you have any questions. I dunno if clear ones ever got posted on Mezel's site.

Think he's talking about the actual lit, moving recognizer, that ties in w that motor, not the drop down target bank....

#152 7 years ago

CRAP!!!....sorry Frax, I should have read all the way down...you caught it already....apologies....

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Got the light cycles modded today and cleaned and polished her up. Ordering the lit targets from Mezel Mods and a chrome apron from Hooked. Going to change out some of the lights as well. Really love this game. This one may stay in the collection for quite some time.

There is no way off the grid.....sort of a hotel California sort of thing.....congrats!!!!

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a lie. I've escaped Clu twice now. I'll never understand how people keep games for 5+ years...there's too much to see, too much to fix, too much to make money on, and never ever enough room...

This is all because I misidentified your mod vs. the recognized earlier...I did apologize, though

No one truly escapes the grid....a mere break from the pain and pleasure maybe, but escape? Never....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-nib?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.