IMG_5236 (resized).JPG
screwed (resized).jpg
olivia-tronLE-bedtime-story-1.png
IMG_5213 (resized).JPG
IMG_5212 (resized).JPG
IMG_5211 (resized).JPG
IMG_5210 (resized).JPG
IMG_5204 (resized).JPG
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Got a NIB Tron LE being delivered today. I'm leaning towards opening it and playing. Been looking for the game for a while and found another Pinsider willing to sell. How much value does NIB add and long term do you see a major difference if I keep it sealed. Appreciate the advice.

#2 7 years ago

Keep it in the box or you will lose money. Defintely keep it in the box. Forever.

#3 7 years ago

I guess that depends on your priorities.

Do you speculate and buy machines for an investment or do you buy them to play and enjoy?

Personally I buy to play and enjoy. If or when it's time to sell a game if the value has appreciated or stayed steady then I consider that a bonus. If not then so be it. That's not why I bought the game in the first place.

#4 7 years ago

If you're worried about value, sell it and buy a HUO pro that's been modded up. The difference in gameplay isn't that dramatic between the LE and pro.

If you want a real showpiece, the LE always raises an eyebrow with visitors. It's one of the few LEs that really feels like a true LE.

But personally, I would pass it along and get a HUO pro. Get the game to someone who will open it if you aren't planning on it.

#5 7 years ago

I could never keep a game in the box.
I'd be chomping at the bit to open it up and play it.
I think a Tron VE Premium is likely which will lower prices on originals a little bit.

#6 7 years ago

Can't believe these are still sitting around NIB!

#7 7 years ago

I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't possess the will power to keep a game in the box.

If the price were the same or close, I would prefer an HUO LE which has been properly modded (Blue DMD, Arcade Mod, Polished Chrome Coin Door, Etc.).

#8 7 years ago

Epically jealous. Also can't believe there's still Tron LE's that never got opened.. figured they all sold for 10-12k to people that wanted them in their house, outside of a box..

#9 7 years ago

If it's in the box you can't play it.

#10 7 years ago

what LE # is it ?

#11 7 years ago

Play the game. Have fun.

#12 7 years ago

Dont know hpw much you paid, but an out-of -box HUO Tron LE is worth about 9k-10k. That's what the value will drop to once you open it. I'd open it for sure.

#13 7 years ago

I forgot to mention...awesome find. I know it was probably just the result of someone price speculating, but it has to be cool to come across this.

Reminds me of my NIB Iron Man. I got it almost two years ago, but it was a 2010 machine, still in the box. It was so cool to open that thing up and see it in all its perfect beauty. The VE is great, but I prefer the original for a few reasons, so it was really something special for me to come across and buy.

#14 7 years ago

Open it and play the sh1t out of it - that's what the games are for

#15 7 years ago

If you open it, I would think the value would drop $500-$1000.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If you open it, I would think the value would drop $500-$1000.

Ha! WAY more than that!

#17 7 years ago

Sell it and buy a HUO Tron LE?

#18 7 years ago

I will provide a small tip based on the current market.

If a person believes that any more NIB Tron LEs are going to continue to "rocket" in price after nearly 7 years of sitting in a box, they may wish to invest their income elsewhere. Prices are dropping.

People are getting smarter, albeit slowly.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Ha! WAY more than that!

Yeah? How much more?

#20 7 years ago

Depends on what it is for you...

If it's a game, open it and enjoy it.

If it's an investment, lock it away and hope it appreciates.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah? How much more?

I don't know. Just depends on what the OP paid.

I agree with this:

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

n out-of -box HUO Tron LE is worth about 9k-10k

So what ever OP paid - 10k. I would guess the OP paid at least 15k though. I could be wrong, just a guess.

#22 7 years ago

bring it to TPF!!!!!!

#23 7 years ago

Play it...

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

what LE # is it ?

274 I believe. Waiting on STI to call today.

#25 7 years ago

Sell it to a collector/speculator that sees value in it being NIB. Buy a HUO, and decide what you're going to spend the few thousand you pocketed on.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I forgot to mention...awesome find. I know it was probably just the result of someone price speculating, but it has to be cool to come across this.
Reminds me of my NIB Iron Man. I got it almost two years ago, but it was a 2010 machine, still in the box. It was so cool to open that thing up and see it in all its perfect beauty. The VE is great, but I prefer the original for a few reasons, so it was really something special for me to come across and buy.

I think the person I bought it from was in a group who purchased them and just decided to keep it sealed. He had purchased mods, and included them, so I think the intent at one point was to play it.

I didn't buy it as an investment really. I've heard so much positive feedback on how good the game is and I've always enjoyed the look/theme.

I know of at least one other sealed NIB at Joystix in Houston. Sure there are quite a few more people are holding.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I think the person I bought it from was in a group who purchased them and just decided to keep it sealed. He had purchased mods, and included them, so I think the intent at one point was to play it.
I didn't buy it as an investment really. I've heard so much positive feedback on how good the game is and I've always enjoyed the look/theme.
I know of at least one other sealed NIB at Joystix in Houston. Sure there are quite a few more people are holding.

Is it wrong that I secretly hope they included the mod I came up with for Mezel?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I don't know. Just depends on what the OP paid.
I agree with this:

So what ever OP paid - 10k. I would guess the OP paid at least 15k though. I could be wrong, just a guess.

Did not pay close to 15 luckily. Not sure if the seller wanted to disclose the price but it was much closer to the lower figure.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

274 I believe. Waiting on STI to call today.

that's awesome. I'm # 100

Tron LE is worth a ton.
Tron LE HUO is worth a ton more.
Tron LE NIB is worth a mega ton more.

don't believe any of the haters or goobers out there. This pin is a king/grail item for tons & tons of people (and very passionate people as well).

tron-cartoon-pinside-pin-NIP-pro-sale (resized).jpgtron-cartoon-pinside-pin-NIP-pro-sale (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

At the minimum I've got a playfield protector that will be here tomorrow that I will put on the game before playing. Won't protect it 100 percent but should keep the playfield in great shape along with the Cliffy's. Again I am heavily leaning towards opening it and enjoying it. Wanted to know what people thought the premium was for NIB and if it even carried a big one on this game vs HUO and well maintained.

#31 7 years ago

i've seen 'em sell for $15,000 NIB

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ok then my figures were way low...sounds like opening can cost you anywhere from $3000-$5000.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

At the minimum I've got a playfield protector that will be here tomorrow that I will put on the game before playing. Won't protect it 100 percent but should keep the playfield in great shape along with the Cliffy's. Again I am heavily leaning towards opening it and enjoying it. Wanted to know what people thought the premium was for NIB and if it even carried a big one on this game vs HUO and well maintained.

Well we don't know what you paid...

I would say at least 25% premium over HUO. Minimum. If you're going to play it I'd recommend, like others have said, sell the NIB and buy a HUO LE. Pocket the difference.

#34 7 years ago

Double Dribble

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If you're worried about value, sell it and buy a HUO pro that's been modded up. The difference in gameplay isn't that dramatic between the LE and pro.
If you want a real showpiece, the LE always raises an eyebrow with visitors. It's one of the few LEs that really feels like a true LE.
But personally, I would pass it along and get a HUO pro. Get the game to someone who will open it if you aren't planning on it.

The only reason I disagree with this is that the Pro price has risen a lot. So with the Pro getting so expensive it may be worth just sticking with the LE.

And as others are saying, it depends on what you paid. Personally I'd sell the NIB LE and get a HUO one. Take the extra cash. Tron is a great game. And as a Pro owner, I still think the LE is the better game.

#36 7 years ago

What he paid has no meaning to the value difference if he opens the box or not.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

What he paid has no meaning to the value difference if he opens the box or not.

No, but it has a value on his emotional investment and tolerance for loss.

If he paid $11k then he may say F it and open and play and be down $500-$1000. If however he paid $15,000 maybe his loss tolerance would be exceeded and he sells it. And buys a HUO. Pockets $4k+

It may not factor into the actual value number but it certainly makes a difference on the emotional/rationale side.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The only reason I disagree with this is that the Pro price has risen a lot. So with the Pro getting so expensive it may be worth just sticking with the LE.
And as others are saying, it depends on what you paid. Personally I'd sell the NIB LE and get a HUO one. Take the extra cash. Tron is a great game. And as a Pro owner, I still think the LE is the better game.

I don't know how much the gap has closed in price between the two, but you might have a good point.

Does the LE have an extra layer of clear? The ball movement feels noticeably different on the LE than the pro. I've played a few different LEs and many pros (have a pro), and I've always felt like the LE was different in that regard.

I so wish that the pro had the drop targets. I love drops.

#39 7 years ago

I know 2 NIB pros that sold for 7k plus shipping

#40 7 years ago

What do you do when opening a NIB pin that has been out of production for a long time and find out it has some production problems? I bought my Tron NIB back when they were first made. I had a few small issues that needed replacement parts that were covered under warranty.

#41 7 years ago

Open it, play it, and enjoy. If you get tired of it and want to sell it, you shouldn't lose much really. There are better investments than large, heavy boxes. Why else buy a pinball machine?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

How long ago was that? Seems unlikely today. I'm thinking $12k tops today.

#43 7 years ago

How much do you want for it?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The ball movement feels noticeably different on the LE than the pro. I've played a few different LEs and many pros (have a pro), and I've always felt like the LE was different in that regard.

I'm not sure if it is the clear, but the LE has always felt different to me. I always suspect the geometry of the entrance of the side ramp below Gem is different, but I never took the time to pull out calipers and measure it. The entrance of it feels bigger on the LE, plus the flippers just feel slightly different (I've always wanted to be able to put my finger on why).

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How long ago was that? Seems unlikely today. I'm thinking $12k tops today.

more like $21k

Tron fans want this game. and a NIB Tron LE is like pure gold.

#46 7 years ago

these sell for $7000 now, and they didn't cost much at all at the time of manufacturing.

9.outside-512 (resized).JPG9.outside-512 (resized).JPG

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

more like $21k

Keep in mind this is coming from a Tron LE owner.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

more like $21k

IMG_0710 (resized).PNGIMG_0710 (resized).PNG

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Keep in mind this is coming from a Tron LE owner.

yep. and never plan to sell. going to be buried in it.

tron pinball 101 - ships (resized).jpgtron pinball 101 - ships (resized).jpg

tron-big-mini (resized).jpgtron-big-mini (resized).jpg

tron-coinbox-1 (resized).jpgtron-coinbox-1 (resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yep. and never plan to sell. going to buried in it.

Classic price pumping reply. "I don't care about the value because I am never selling it!".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-nib?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.