IMG_5236 (resized).JPG
screwed (resized).jpg
olivia-tronLE-bedtime-story-1.png
IMG_5213 (resized).JPG
IMG_5212 (resized).JPG
IMG_5211 (resized).JPG
IMG_5210 (resized).JPG
IMG_5204 (resized).JPG
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

A lot of good advice here from all of you and I appreciate it. Based on some the feedback I did look for an LE HUO over the past couple of days and was not able to locate one. One person did reach out and make what I considered a strong offer and I was leaning towards taking it and searching for another couple of months. It was taking too long though and the more I thought about it the less I cared about possibly finding a HUO LE and another cheaper title. I've made stupid financial decisions before and I certainly will again but experiences are worth a lot too. Just broke open the box and there is a Tron LE in there and luckily no racoons or termites came running out of the box. I'm going to mod it out throughout the day and install the playfield protector (sorry Iceman I'm definitely going to enjoy the game but going to be gentle with her as well).

sexy time

very-nice-i-like-1 (resized).jpgvery-nice-i-like-1 (resized).jpg

#102 7 years ago

If I end up needing a heart transplant in the next year or so hopefully you guys can collect 3-4 grand to help me out hahaha.

#103 7 years ago

I ordered the Tron LE machine from my dealer immediately upon hearing Stern was making one, picked mine up the day it arrived at my dealer (Little Shop of Games), and couldn't wait to get it home! Unboxed it and never looked back! It still sits in it's original location in my collection, and I doubt it will ever leave.. even my wife loves the game and during a few moments of weakness over the years with looking at trades or whatever, she absolutely convinced me to never get rid of it.

The satisfaction and absolute fun of owning this beauty is worth it, set it up, play it, and never look back. You only live once! It's hard to believe that it's almost been 6 years, but the game still kicks ass!

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

If I end up needing a heart transplant in the next year or so hopefully you guys can collect 3-4 grand to help me out hahaha.

Hey now, we're here to help you spend your money, nothing more!

Congrats, and enjoy the hell out of it!

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

A lot of good advice here from all of you and I appreciate it. Based on some the feedback I did look for an LE HUO over the past couple of days and was not able to locate one. One person did reach out and make what I considered a strong offer and I was leaning towards taking it and searching for another couple of months. It was taking too long though and the more I thought about it the less I cared about possibly finding a HUO LE and another cheaper title. I've made stupid financial decisions before and I certainly will again but experiences are worth a lot too. Just broke open the box and there is a Tron LE in there and luckily no racoons or termites came running out of the box. I'm going to mod it out throughout the day and install the playfield protector (sorry Iceman I'm definitely going to enjoy the game but going to be gentle with her as well).

You, my Sir, are a wise man, now with one badass machine to ENJOY!!!! Great move!!!

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Just broke open the box and there is a Tron LE in there

One more thing, you've done the pinball community a good deed today, there's one more Tron LE out in the world to be played and enjoyed, and one less moldering away pointlessly in a cardboard box. So cheers to that!

#107 7 years ago

IMG_5189 (resized).JPGIMG_5189 (resized).JPG

IMG_5190 (resized).JPGIMG_5190 (resized).JPG

IMG_5191 (resized).JPGIMG_5191 (resized).JPG

#108 7 years ago

I own one, and still drool over these pics!!!!!! Super congrats!!!!!

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I'd loan you 3-4k with the Tron LE as collateral until you could pay it back. Really jealous. If you need some high scores set to shoot for, just say the word.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

One more thing, you've done the pinball community a good deed today, there's one more Tron LE out in the world to be played and enjoyed, and one less moldering away pointlessly in a cardboard box. So cheers to that!

couldn't agree more!!! Pins are meant to be played and enjoyed. Buy some gold or something if you want to speculate....

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

couldn't agree more!!! Pins are meant to be played and enjoyed. Buy some gold or something if you want to speculate....

In my defense the only reason to sell would have been to purchase TWO pinball machines. That's got to count for something.

#113 7 years ago

Nice! Open and enjoy! It would drive me crazy looking at the unopened box and knowing what was inside. Every time people would come over and play your pins, you would say you have a really sweet game in a box over there in the corner, and they would look at you like your crazy!! Good move.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Damonator thanks for the advice I was teetering and that might have been the final nudge.

Excellent - you won't regret it!!!

Of course there are many threads dedicated to mods, but here are mine in order of enjoyment ROI:

1) Pinnovator sub adapter + external sub
2) Shaker motor
3) GI LED Kit
4) ColorDMD
5) Invisiglass
6) LED Backbox from Kimball Pinball -

7) Mini Arcade Cab Mod
8 ) Pinbits Plastic protectors
9) Pinblades
10) Lit Recognizer
11) Flipper button LEDs
12) Chrome coin door

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

In my defense the only reason to sell would have been to purchase TWO pinball machines. That's got to count for something.

AHHH!!! valid then....gold comment retracted!!!

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Excellent - you won't regret it!!!
Of course there are many threads dedicated to mods, but here are mine in order of enjoyment ROI:
1) Pinnovator sub adapter + external sub
2) Shaker motor
3) GI LED Kit
4) ColorDMD
5) Invisiglass
6) LED Backbox from Kimball Pinball - » YouTube video
7) Mini Arcade Cab Mod
8 ) Pinbits Plastic protectors
9) Pinblades
10) Lit Recognizer
11) Flipper button LEDs
12) Chrome coin door

Installing the shaker, color dmd, arcade mod, leds for the gi, Flipper Fidelity backbox and speaker kits, invisiglass, Flipper leds, pinbits plastics, mirror blades, lit recognizer, cliffys, and playfield protector today. If I have time to finish wiring the light cycles and disc topper I may get those done too. My order of importance wouldn't be too far off either!

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

AHHH!!! valid then....gold comment retracted!!!

And without a doubt one of them would have been a loaded Tron Pro or LE. But LEs seem to be scarce right now and don't know how long I would have had to wait.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

As long as its 2 Trons

#119 7 years ago

So glad to see you popped that beauty open! Enjoy!

#120 7 years ago

Congrats man. If you have the ability to post a video would love to see this beauty in action with OG incandescents!

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So glad to see you popped that beauty open! Enjoy!

That's what she said

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Installing the shaker, color dmd, arcade mod, leds for the gi, Flipper Fidelity backbox and speaker kits, invisiglass, Flipper leds, pinbits plastics, mirror blades, lit recognizer, cliffys, and playfield protector today. If I have time to finish wiring the light cycles and disc topper I may get those done too. My order of importance wouldn't be too far off either!

Haha - you totally didn't plan on leaving that in the box if you had all of that procured already!

Try out the Pinnovator/external sub and let me know what you think - it will still make a big difference even with the Flipper Fidelity kit. I have it on all my pins and on Tron it makes the biggest difference by far.

#123 7 years ago

Oh man, I missed the unveiling!
I had not visited this thread since day one. Can't believe it took you as long as it did to open it! Enjoy your new pin!!!

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Congrats man. If you have the ability to post a video would love to see this beauty in action with OG incandescents!

Can I post video or just images?

#125 7 years ago

Maybe upload a video to YouTube and then put the YouTube link on pinside.

#126 7 years ago

Color DMD is a must!!

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If you open it, I would think the value would drop $500-$1000.

+1 for -$500 for opening it.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

+1 for -$500 for opening it.

meh....+1000 for opening and enjoying, price drop (if any) will depend on the mods and demand at the time...... TRONLE time!!!!!!

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

meh....+1000 for opening and enjoying, price drop (if any) will depend on the mods and demand at the time...... TRONLE time!!!!!!

you mean... price increase

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you mean... price increase

Oops....my bad....I was severely disappointed when you knocked yours down to around $37K,I blame it on alcohol....

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Oops....my bad....I was severely disappointed when you knocked yours down to around $37K,I blame it on alcohol....

alcohol good

olivia-drunk-1 (resized).jpgolivia-drunk-1 (resized).jpg

#132 7 years ago

Op....make sure clear disc is high on the list, and move some of the great pics to the TRON Thread.....massive activity on the grid from time to time...!!!

#133 7 years ago

Tonight = yes!!!!

#134 7 years ago

probably should meet lamp and get the secret LE club membership paperwork submitted.

tron-lamp-1 (resized).jpgtron-lamp-1 (resized).jpg

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tonight = yes!!!!

yes = 1

#1 = Tron

∴ Tonight = Tron

#136 7 years ago

Tron Burgundy throws some killer parties

tron-burgundy-frat (resized).jpgtron-burgundy-frat (resized).jpg

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

probably should meet lamp and get the secret LE club membership paperwork submitted.

Oops.....forgot there was the approval process...

#138 7 years ago

These pictures caused me to excrete fluids from just about everywhere I'm able to.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Just broke open the box

Great move Texasff78! Life is about many things and one of them is having fun. I anticipate that you and your family will be having much of this, following the setup & any mods that you may add to your machine. I can now officially say "Welcome to the Tron LE club!"

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Op....make sure clear disc is high on the list, and move some of the great pics to the TRON Thread.....massive activity on the grid from time to time...!!!

I've got the clear disk damn it I should have installed it when putting in the playfield protector.

#141 7 years ago

Almost got everything installed but having an issue with the FF speakers and my speaker light kit. Has anyone installed both? The cone of the speaker is too big to fit inside the speaker light frame.

#142 7 years ago

That's mine. Lemme know if you have any questions. I dunno if clear ones ever got posted on Mezel's site.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's mine. Lemme know if you have any questions. I dunno if clear ones ever got posted on Mezel's site.

Frax great mod. I got this with the game but the instructions didn't come with it. Right now I've just got the cord running back down the arm and zip tied. Does the molex plug in near the arm motor?

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I've got the clear disk damn it I should have installed it when putting in the playfield protector.

Actually easier to install if you just drop the motor....4 screws.....you'll want to pull the black one and clean the disc anyway, before applying the new one. Trust me...worth the time, or your new playfield protector will have black marks all over it after just a few games.....

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Actually easier to install if you just drop the motor....4 screws.....you'll want to pull the black one and clean the disc anyway, before applying the new one. Trust me...worth the time, or your new playfield protector will have black marks all over it after just a few games.....

Do you have to add additional adhesive on top of the self adhesive on the disk?

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Do you have to add additional adhesive on top of the self adhesive on the disk?

There has been debate on this topic....some have gotten away with no extra adhesive. Key is to insure old disc pad completely removed and plastic surface smooth and clean. I use loctite spray adhesive "300", clamp lightly and let set overnight. The clear disc launches the ball incredibly hard initially once installed, but will act more normal over time. I've replaced mine twice in over 4 years ( I like the crazy action), and the clear has held perfectly with the spray added.

I recommend the spray......

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Here is some assistance, if potential buyers want to know what is going on with this game.
People need to look at more closely at prices in the last five years.
There were only a handful that sold for more than $12K NIB since 2012.
Privately there were a couple from dealer prices that exceeded this threshold, but not anymore.
The market basically "topped out" on this game, as there were very few people willing to pay these prices once it reached the stated threshold.
Once those handful of buyers purchased their game, there were no more buyers, and the rise stopped.
It does not matter what the game quality is of this title, it is starting to "date out" as people have moved onto different games.
Hype drives pinball sales, always have since the beginning.
No hype, no sales.
Average price is $8500-9000 for the LE in used condition.
PinSide is not the pinball market, it is an exception for some collectors looking to high quality games.
Those dealers squatting on boxes will do so for a long time, which is their prerogative and not a concern for them.
They are just "inventory stock" until an unaware buyer comes along.
In essence a NIB Tron LE buyer loses $6000 (if they paid $15K), as soon as they open the box.
That is the equivalent to at least 2 good used games or one NIB game.
The absolutely best thing a buyer can do if they can get it a a reasonable cost NIB machine is sell it to a dealer and let them squat on it, versus the person keeping it. Pinball machines are just not good investments, IF a person does not want to actually play them.
If you play them and take care of them, they will not significantly lose value in the long term, and the owner "wins" as he gets the entertainment out of the machine, and then sells it for at least what he bought the machine for down the road, not necessarily immediately.
Every time I see people try to speculate the "pinball stock market" most of the time they lose, as they are not willing to keep the game long enough to see the turning point. They are just not that type of individual.
When a individual gets to point where they have multiple pinball machines in boxes for years, they are not a collector.
They are not even an enthusiast, they are just neurotic.

I love TBK's responses to these issues. This is real insight I appreciate.

#148 7 years ago

good choice ! as its your theme, enjoy the pin

here's mine TRON LE story
same as few others & read above, i directly ordered 1 when STERN annouced it (was gambling again, will not more do that nowadays)...
in 3 years home, we (mostly my son & i) putted +/- 10.000 games on it
than was time (well it took me few monthes to decide myself) to sell it & play something else
pin was sold with a positive margin (nothing to hide : bought 5800€, sold 7400€ with mods), and really it was in perfect state, only very light wears/uses at the scoop (protected by a MANTIS not a CLIFFY)
and now, i'm still thinking i've made a big mistake, as i'm still missing my TRON LE !
last point (sorry for pro owners - lol inside) : as few others, got this feeling that a pro, even fully modded, will never be the same as a original TRON LE

most strange for us, while having the pinball home for 3 years, my son did complete PORTAL but not home, was in DPO "free zone" in Nederlands, and same for his hi-score (600+) was in arcade village at eurodisney in Paris/France

and about the active backglass mod, mine was from PINBALL CENTER (+ personal touch)

see:

Quoted from Frax:

And if you have trouble getting to Portal, I can definitely do some schoolin'.
#20+PortalAchieversClub

where is this club ?

#149 7 years ago

Installed the playfield protector, shaker motor, pinbits protectors, clear disk, cool white leds for gi (going to take some out tomorrow), Flipper Fidelity speakers, Flipper Fidelity backglass lighting, invisiglass, lighted recognizer, cliffys (except ramps will do those tomorrow), arcade mod, lit flippers, and color DMD today. Played 3-4 games and calling it a night. Need to update the software tomorrow too.

IMG_5204 (resized).JPGIMG_5204 (resized).JPG

IMG_5210 (resized).JPGIMG_5210 (resized).JPG

IMG_5211 (resized).JPGIMG_5211 (resized).JPG

IMG_5212 (resized).JPGIMG_5212 (resized).JPG

IMG_5213 (resized).JPGIMG_5213 (resized).JPG

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Frax great mod. I got this with the game but the instructions didn't come with it. Right now I've just got the cord running back down the arm and zip tied. Does the molex plug in near the arm motor?

Oh shiat. We're talking at two different things. You're talking about the recognizer above the playfield, I was talking about the lit recognizer target bank.

This one is mine:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/tron-pinball-mods/products/tron-illuminated-bank-target

I see Tim has made some changes to the wiring on that...it didn't used to have a molex plug at all, so I dunno what that's about. When I wrote the instructions and did the videos for the install, he had it set up as two alligator clips. o_o

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-nib/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.