• Latest reply 3 months ago by Inkochnito
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5997781-E3BD-4E35-82F0-5284CFE58FE6 (resized).jpeg
DSC_0168 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retro_p.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

UPDATE: I no longer have the firmware on Dropbox. Please contact dinks for a copy of the firmware, thanks!
-----------------------------------
UPDATE: PRO version has been made courtesy of indigocc!

UPDATE: SET YOUR MUSIC VOLUME TO (NEGATIVE) -45. The music was normalized so it didn't clip like the original, but that means you have to pump up the music volume a bit

UPDATE: creyes82's video does a better job of showing the general experience, so I am adding the video to the top of this post:

//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//

So I made my own TRON: LE music swap out using the awesome Pinball Browser utility. I used mainly remixes of songs from the soundtracks. It sounds amazing!

If you are wondering, I'm hitting the left in-lane to prevent a stuck ball check. I realized after I made this video that I could turn that off in the firmware... Oh well.

To save you some time, from having to watch me fumble around:

0:00 Ball Start
0:27 ZUSE Double Scoring
1:09 Rinzler Battle
1:48 Disc Multiball
2:22 Disc Multiball Restart
3:05 Quorra Multiball
4:30 Defeat CLU
5:29 Light Cycle Multiball
6:30 GEM Hurry Up
7:05 Ball Lost Music
8:00 Sea Of Simulation
11:00 Portal Multiball
Everything after 12:45 should be ignored.

The times are clickable on Youtube, in the description if you want to jump easily.

And a super-short second video, showing high-score and game over:

#2 10 years ago
#6 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Have you checked out this album? The first 5 songs are awesome! When I get time I'm going to tinker around w/it on the browser. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Legacy_Reconfigured

Yep, I think few of the songs I used were from that album:
Arena (The Japanese Popstars Remix)
C.L.U. (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
End of Line (Photek Remix)
The Son Of Flynn (KI Theory Remix)

Most of the others took some hunting though:
Castor (Long version) (I had to take the song's intro and loop it in Logic Studio)
C.L.U. (Dekoi Master Control Remix)
Derezzed (Robotaki Remix)
Derezzed (Rhythm Scholar Remix)
Derezzed (Rerezzed Remix by Animattronic)
Derezzed (Cassettes Won't Listen Remix)
Derezzed (Smith Comma John Remix)
Fall (DJ DLG Lazor Legacy Remix)
End of Line (BasicSlack Remix)
End of Line (Boys Noize Remix)
End of Line (The Renegade of Amstrad Remix)
End of Line (DJ Rizik Remix)
End of Line (NeeliXxX Remix)
End of Line (Animattronic Remix)
The Grid (Dirty Androids Remix)
The Grid (Nathaniel Ecko Remix)
The Grid (Van IMMORTAL Remix)
Overture (Beatrocker Remix)

Anyway, I used some combination of these, I don't recall which was which (I tend to shuffle the songs around to keep it fresh).

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is this a difficult process to do ? This is awesome.

It's not so bad. It takes a lot of patience though. I'm pretty handy with Logic Studio (Audacity works too) so it only took me a couple of nights to put it all together. The tricky part is finding the magic 17 seconds (or however long the clip that you want to replace is) that works for the mode for which you want to replace the music.

4 months later
#19 9 years ago

Glad everyone is enjoying the remix

Next up:
Johnny Mnemonic REMIX! Will use Pinsound (pinsound.org) Can't wait! Will keep everyone posted.

3 weeks later
#28 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Really like this remix, lot more thumpy with the installed Flipper Fidelity sub.
I love the music that plays when the game is over and you let it run its course. As mentioned good transitions, good musical choices, if you get tired of the factory installed soundtrack this is a great alternative.
I need to have a party soon so some other folk can hear it.
» YouTube video

Awesome video! Really shows off the song transitions!

1 week later
#29 9 years ago

UPDATE: PRO version has been made courtesy of indigocc!

3 weeks later
#34 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I gotta say, I love this updated soundtrack.. Making me reconsider selling my pro..
One question though.. Only was able to play a few games but is the main soundtrack the same as light cycle mutiball? It seems to be but I would think it would be different?

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Is it exactly the same, or just a different remix of the same song?

I made the LE version and indigocc generously took the samples and made a pro version. I'm not sure that there is a one-to-one correspondence between the two firmwares, so some of them might have gotten jumbled. Feel free to play with the LE firmware and the samples in my dropbox and see if you can find a permutation that you like (and send me a copy!). Did the music match the video in creyes82's video above?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Maybe I'm dense but where exactly do you download this? I know I'll need the pinball browser software but I'd need the file that has the audio remix in it.

PM me, and I will send you a link to my dropbox.

You don't actually need Pinball Browser, since the firmware has already been packaged with the new music. : )

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I just uploaded mine but the music volume seems pretty low compared to the original. Any suggestions?

Quoted from DerRoland:

My advice:
Set the game adjustment /
-> feature adjustment #23 (music) to ~ -45. Perfect loudness between music and speech.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just noticed your instruction card on the right. You know where you got that? Looks great.

I got it from PinballCenter.eu. I actually can't really recommend it. It is a complete and total PIA to install, is expensive, doesn't sit flat, and the cards resonate and emit a super high frequency hum :/

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

?! what?! I just sold the damn game

You can drive down from Duluth, and play my JM. Anytime.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ok this is super annoying. How do I get the remix music aka game music loud.

Quoted from DerRoland:

My advice:
Set the game adjustment /
-> feature adjustment #23 (music) to -45. Perfect loudness between music and speech.

Note that the music volume should be negative 45, not positive.

1 month later
#80 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

I've decided to bring my TRON LE down to the Houston Arcade expo. It will be running the remix, come down and give it a play!

That's awesome!

How did people like it? I'm nowhere near Houston, so I missed it. Hope you had fun!

11 months later
#121 8 years ago

Glad everyone is enjoying the remix!

For anyone just joining the thread, feel free to pm me for the link. I think I've gotten everyone who posted this weekend. Thanks!

EDIT: PM northvibe for the link. I am super busy these days, thanks!

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

retro_p, I was sending the link with some verbiage on sharing, and making sure it was your original link and you are mentioned. Hope that is okay, I wasn't sure if you were still active. More people need to try this and get back into tron!

I'm still here : ) It sometimes has taken me a couple days to get back to everyone, but I do get to it eventually. Lately, I've been getting about 2-3 requests every day. Remarkable! I'm really glad everyone is enjoying the remix.

The next couple of months are going to be pretty busy for me -- would you, northvibe (or anyone else) be up for setting up a new link and handling requests? I'm going to be working 12+ hour days for a while, and I'd feel bad if I took 1+ weeks to get back to people.

1 year later
#157 7 years ago

Hey everyone, sorry for dropping off the map there. User "dinks" will be hosting the files now; I am passing the torch =)

Be sure to give dinks an upvote for taking care of this! And PM him if you are still looking for a copy.

3 months later
#164 7 years ago
Quoted from barrypinball:

can someone send me a copy of the pro version update please of a working link ? thanks !!

Please contact dinks for a copy of the firmware, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retro_p.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser?tu=retro_p and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.