• Latest reply 3 months ago by Inkochnito
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5997781-E3BD-4E35-82F0-5284CFE58FE6 (resized).jpeg
DSC_0168 (resized).JPG
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 years ago

Great work and great mod,will love to try it out

#52 9 years ago

Wow! I just put a couple games on this and it's really cool. Thanks for your hard work and sharing this.

#53 9 years ago

I think I'll try this tonight....

#54 9 years ago

It's growing on me the more that I play with it.

(...that's what she said)

#55 9 years ago

Just installed it last night......sounds great!

#56 9 years ago

Awesome job -- Can you add the "the "Bong Tron" sound back by any chance ??

#57 9 years ago

This is great! IMHO, the only thing that would be even better would be to something with more energy for Sea of Simulation. I may tweak it and use The Grid Crystal Method Remix (from 3:08 on) to raise the adrenalin level:

Seriously though, great work on this update.

On a side note, is there really any way to boost the music volume over the callouts/sound effects? Seems adjusting music setting volume in adjustments doesn't really do anything.

#58 9 years ago

So how can an LE owner get a copy of this awesome mod to the game code?

#59 9 years ago

I really need to learn how to do this.

#60 9 years ago

Amazing! fantastic work on this

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

So how can an LE owner get a copy of this awesome mod to the game code?

pm retro_p

#62 9 years ago

did anyone do color dmd animations for tron?

#63 9 years ago

That is BAD ***

nice work, OP

#64 9 years ago

Great work/ Many thanks!

The Quorra MB tune has to be put back in though.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Great work/ Many thanks!
The Quorra MB tune has to be put back in though.

Agreed, I love the Quorra MB sequence as is.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I really need to learn how to do this.

Yea, I need step by step instructions for this.

#67 9 years ago

Yeah, I agree. I was just talking to my buddy Thomas about this yesterday. I said, I hope the Quorra multiball is untouched.

#68 9 years ago

Yeah.. and I like the original SoS music too. No digs on this I love it.

#69 9 years ago

Uploading it now.

#70 9 years ago

Ok this is super annoying. How do I get the remix music aka game music loud. I'v found:

under service menu
->Adjustments
-->general and game specific
--->general has music volume 0-15
--->game specific has voice and music both 0-60

Voice up and game specific low seems to be ok, with general at 12. But it never is what I want. Any tips?

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ok this is super annoying. How do I get the remix music aka game music loud.

Quoted from DerRoland:

My advice:
Set the game adjustment /
-> feature adjustment #23 (music) to -45. Perfect loudness between music and speech.

Note that the music volume should be negative 45, not positive.

#72 9 years ago

BAH!!!!!!! ok thanks! I remember reading that now, but totally forgot! what about voice, any recommendations?

#73 9 years ago

Awesome job on this. The music choices are great. Feels like a new game

#74 9 years ago

holy balls.........so excited!!! I like it, a lot, but I'll agree I personally could switch up a song or two. Love it though! Need a new speaker setup so I can jam the f out!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

BAH!!!!!!! ok thanks! I remember reading that now, but totally forgot! what about voice, any recommendations?

i did 40 on the voice. Now it sounds GREAT!!!!

#76 9 years ago

Awesome Thanks, I agree though Quorra MB and the Rinzler tune are needed to round this out.

#77 9 years ago

Received, installed, and loved. Thanks for the work. I even love the loss of the "bong" during the end of ball bonus count - used to always skip that. Now more subtle music. Has a great atmosphere around the game now.

#78 9 years ago

Very nice work indeed! Thank you for sharing...now I really need to learn how to do this!

3 weeks later
#79 9 years ago

I've decided to bring my TRON LE down to the Houston Arcade expo. It will be running the remix, come down and give it a play!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

I've decided to bring my TRON LE down to the Houston Arcade expo. It will be running the remix, come down and give it a play!

That's awesome!

How did people like it? I'm nowhere near Houston, so I missed it. Hope you had fun!

2 months later
#81 9 years ago

I promised to review the code when you sent me the firmware, but I forgot! Many apologies!

First of all, I was incredibly unsatisfied with the original music selection. I'm a hardcore Tron fan, and the music MADE that movie. You can clearly tell this is the work of someone passionate about the theme. I must tip my hat. After installing the mod when you sent it to me, the first thing I wanted to do was install a subwoofer. Turning on the game is like a party now, and I can't thank you enough.

The only thing I would improve is the mix on End of Line. It doesn't quite have a clean loop, which sometimes gets a little grading when you let the game idle for a moment. Was wondering if you'd consider using the Photek remix of End of Line from the Tron: Legacy Reconfigured soundtrack? Either way, it's still my favorite track in the movie and pinball. I also wish there was some way to use the Sea of Simulation track from the movie, because it's so majestic. But I imagine music memory is limited.

But beyond that, I have no complaints. It's incredible.

#82 9 years ago

Love it. Finally installed it. Really nice job. I recommend everyone try it out.

#83 9 years ago

Yep! This is really well done- thanks for sharing!

4 weeks later
#84 9 years ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

This is great! IMHO, the only thing that would be even better would be to something with more energy for Sea of Simulation. I may tweak it and use The Grid Crystal Method Remix (from 3:08 on) to raise the adrenalin level:

did you ever get round to adding this?

I'd not heard it before - really great from 3:08!

currently gathering a few remix rom files to give them all a try...

#85 9 years ago

I couldn't ever get the loop points right.

#86 9 years ago

Loop points or not, the soundtrack is still incredible. I'd love to try my hand at this as well.

#87 9 years ago

Got it, love it, many thanks.

#88 9 years ago

Made a quick video of some Tron Pro gameplay. It has my own custom music mix that was made with the pinball browser app. The first video stopped recording for some reason, and I didn't notice until SOS started....anyhow enjoy the footage and the music. Make sure to check out the final tune after the high score entry on the 2nd video

3 weeks later
#89 9 years ago

where can i get this file for this for my tron le to just plug and play
my friend gave me a pro file but this did not work in my le is this normall ?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

where can i get this file for this for my TRON LE to just plug and playmy friend gave me a pro file but this did not work in my le is this normall ?

LE and PRO code are different. So yes that is normal...

#91 9 years ago

thanks for the info guys and also thanks to retro_p for sending me the link to the file installed it today and i am blown away with it also i must say a big thanks to the people who put in the time and effort to make this you are top guys and all for free
is anybody working on a ST le sound update ?
keep up the awesome work guys

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

thanks for the info guys and also thanks to retro_p for sending me the link to the file installed it today and i am blown away with it also i must say a big thanks to the people who put in the time and effort to make this you are top guys and all for free
is anybody working on a ST le sound update ?
keep up the awesome work guys

I may be wrong, but doesn't the ST have some crazy number of music tracks and call out tracks?

3 weeks later
#93 9 years ago

PM sent and can't wait to install it.
Thank you retro_p

if you have a Tron i recommend giving the remix a shot, really well put together

#94 8 years ago

Just installed today on my Tron Pro, I love it! Great work retro_p and indigocc for the Pro adaptation.

A couple things here that might be obvious or less obvious depending on experience levels of those reading this thread. You can install the .bin just like a standard code update, without the need for Pinball Browser. You'd use Pinball Browser if you wanted to alter it further.

Taste in music is highly subjective. If you grow tired of it or find yourself longing for the original soundtrack, simply reinstall the stock V1.74 game code available from the mfgr support site.

Experiment with your music and sound levels under feature adjustments (not standard adjustments) -- I started at the -40 suggested but depending on your pin's audio you may need to go up or down or boost the voice a bit to balance. -45 seemed to be a sweeter spot to my ears but your mileage may vary.

At any rate, let me tell you my thoughts on this particular mix. I really appreciate the op's hard work on this. About 2 years in the original Tron soundtrack from this game has started to wear on me a little. I enjoy it but it doesn't 'get me in the zone' like some other tracks would. So, when needing to zone in and put some good scores up, I'd often use the aforementioned Tron Reconfigured soundtrack blaring on our gameroom Klipsch audio.

For me, at least, I found that the OP's choice of music was round down my alley. Put some decent numbers up and found myself tapping my thumbs on the lockbar a few times to the awesome new tunes.

Again, Great work, thanks for sharing this! This was just the revitalization I was looking for in our modded tron pro.

Pm the op for download details, when these things get public links, lawyers get involved and screw it up for everybody.

2 weeks later
#95 8 years ago

Thanks dude : )

#96 8 years ago

Really like the ZUSE music, fits nice with the movie. Thanks again
-Andy

#97 8 years ago

Hi can someone send me the file? Thanks!

1 month later
#98 8 years ago

Installed this weekend. The new music really grew on me after a few games. I have a 10" sub from Flipper Fidelity and this mod really takes advantage of it. The sound rocks! Great work retro_p!

#99 8 years ago

where can i get this ? Thanks

#100 8 years ago

I've been using this in my game also. Really liking the new feel to the game it has provided.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.