5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Inkochnito
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

UPDATE: I no longer have the firmware on Dropbox. Please contact dinks for a copy of the firmware, thanks!
-----------------------------------
UPDATE: PRO version has been made courtesy of indigocc!

UPDATE: SET YOUR MUSIC VOLUME TO (NEGATIVE) -45. The music was normalized so it didn't clip like the original, but that means you have to pump up the music volume a bit

UPDATE: creyes82's video does a better job of showing the general experience, so I am adding the video to the top of this post:

//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//

So I made my own TRON: LE music swap out using the awesome Pinball Browser utility. I used mainly remixes of songs from the soundtracks. It sounds amazing!

If you are wondering, I'm hitting the left in-lane to prevent a stuck ball check. I realized after I made this video that I could turn that off in the firmware... Oh well.

To save you some time, from having to watch me fumble around:

0:00 Ball Start
0:27 ZUSE Double Scoring
1:09 Rinzler Battle
1:48 Disc Multiball
2:22 Disc Multiball Restart
3:05 Quorra Multiball
4:30 Defeat CLU
5:29 Light Cycle Multiball
6:30 GEM Hurry Up
7:05 Ball Lost Music
8:00 Sea Of Simulation
11:00 Portal Multiball
Everything after 12:45 should be ignored.

The times are clickable on Youtube, in the description if you want to jump easily.

And a super-short second video, showing high-score and game over:

#2 5 years ago
#3 5 years ago

Have you checked out this album? The first 5 songs are awesome! When I get time I'm going to tinker around w/it on the browser. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Legacy_Reconfigured

#4 5 years ago

Great job man. Love it!

#5 5 years ago

Very cool!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Have you checked out this album? The first 5 songs are awesome! When I get time I'm going to tinker around w/it on the browser. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Legacy_Reconfigured

Yep, I think few of the songs I used were from that album:
Arena (The Japanese Popstars Remix)
C.L.U. (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
End of Line (Photek Remix)
The Son Of Flynn (KI Theory Remix)

Most of the others took some hunting though:
Castor (Long version) (I had to take the song's intro and loop it in Logic Studio)
C.L.U. (Dekoi Master Control Remix)
Derezzed (Robotaki Remix)
Derezzed (Rhythm Scholar Remix)
Derezzed (Rerezzed Remix by Animattronic)
Derezzed (Cassettes Won't Listen Remix)
Derezzed (Smith Comma John Remix)
Fall (DJ DLG Lazor Legacy Remix)
End of Line (BasicSlack Remix)
End of Line (Boys Noize Remix)
End of Line (The Renegade of Amstrad Remix)
End of Line (DJ Rizik Remix)
End of Line (NeeliXxX Remix)
End of Line (Animattronic Remix)
The Grid (Dirty Androids Remix)
The Grid (Nathaniel Ecko Remix)
The Grid (Van IMMORTAL Remix)
Overture (Beatrocker Remix)

Anyway, I used some combination of these, I don't recall which was which (I tend to shuffle the songs around to keep it fresh).

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

#7 5 years ago

my god ! reached portal in 10 minutes !!!

ok, back to serious
to be honest, it sounds strange to me, surelly because i know to much how the pin originaly goes
i must admit some songs fit well, but some not (lets admit its just personal taste of course)

btw, TRON remain a very nice pin

#8 5 years ago

Great Stuff Retro!

#9 5 years ago

I love it!! Was getting bored of the original songs

#10 5 years ago

Is this a difficult process to do ? This is awesome.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is this a difficult process to do ? This is awesome.

It's not so bad. It takes a lot of patience though. I'm pretty handy with Logic Studio (Audacity works too) so it only took me a couple of nights to put it all together. The tricky part is finding the magic 17 seconds (or however long the clip that you want to replace is) that works for the mode for which you want to replace the music.

1 week later
#12 5 years ago

Your setup for Tron is amazing, good sir! Almost exactly like what it should have been in the first place. Love it. <3. Is there any way you'd consider sharing your mod? I'd do anything to make mine sound that good.

#13 5 years ago

Hey, this daft punk remix rocks really!

The Rinzler battle song is my all favorit tune. It sounds so freakin' hard, I won´t hear nothing else!

Something that would have to improve: ball start song has unfortunately at the end a hard cut.

My advice:
Set the game adjustment /
-> feature adjustment #23 (music) to ~ -45. Perfect loudness between music and speech.

Thank you for your great work, Greg!

2 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

hey hey, done an amazing job. Asked the question on on YouTube about getting. Can you please help?

1 week later
#15 5 years ago

Greg did an Awesome job - great choices on songs, perfect music timing - very smooth transitions, nice change from original.

Just shows what can be done with alot of patience....

Thanks for sharing !!

1 month later
#16 5 years ago

That is pretty cool...has anyone done anything like put sound effects from the first movie into the new game...I think "END OF LINE" from the MCP would be awesome when your game ends...is that possible?

2 months later
#17 5 years ago

I finally got around to loading this into my LE....and I must say....It rocks!!

The music choice is great and is a great change to the original music that they have used

Thanks for the file Greg you have done a brilliant job

#18 5 years ago

Great job. I am glad to hear that this is time consuming but not extremely difficult.

#19 5 years ago

Glad everyone is enjoying the remix

Next up:
Johnny Mnemonic REMIX! Will use Pinsound (pinsound.org) Can't wait! Will keep everyone posted.

#20 5 years ago

Really digging this TRON remix, when I pick one up I'll have to look into this.

#21 5 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you retro_p. I installed this and it's really good. The details on the transitions make it sound very professional.

#22 5 years ago

Wow is this being shared? Id love to give it a go!

#23 5 years ago

I put this remix in the LE, and man it changes it up a notch for sure. Very well curated and put together and shows how far a power user can take pinball browser. Definitely goes in before the next party. Purists of course aren't going to go for a lot of remixes for any machine, but I think you could have two mixes hanging around for each machine..stock for your own use, and put the house mix in for big parties. Great work retro!

#24 5 years ago

Played his at a friends house a few days ago and man what a difference.
Well done!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Played his at a friends house a few days ago and man what a difference.
Well done!

Yea you were on tron the whole time

#26 5 years ago

That clear disc is awesome too
Just hope it doesn't bust anything

2 weeks later
#27 5 years ago

Really like this remix, lot more thumpy with the installed Flipper Fidelity sub.

I love the music that plays when the game is over and you let it run its course. As mentioned good transitions, good musical choices, if you get tired of the factory installed soundtrack this is a great alternative.

I need to have a party soon so some other folk can hear it.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Really like this remix, lot more thumpy with the installed Flipper Fidelity sub.
I love the music that plays when the game is over and you let it run its course. As mentioned good transitions, good musical choices, if you get tired of the factory installed soundtrack this is a great alternative.
I need to have a party soon so some other folk can hear it.
» YouTube video

Awesome video! Really shows off the song transitions!

1 week later
#29 5 years ago

UPDATE: PRO version has been made courtesy of indigocc!

3 weeks later
#30 5 years ago

Really nice mod! Makes me wan't to upgrade to the 10" woofer

#31 5 years ago

Tag, because I need more work to do, right?

#32 5 years ago

I gotta say, I love this updated soundtrack.. Making me reconsider selling my pro..

One question though.. Only was able to play a few games but is the main soundtrack the same as light cycle mutiball? It seems to be but I would think it would be different?

#33 5 years ago

Maybe I'm dense but where exactly do you download this? I know I'll need the pinball browser software but I'd need the file that has the audio remix in it.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I gotta say, I love this updated soundtrack.. Making me reconsider selling my pro..
One question though.. Only was able to play a few games but is the main soundtrack the same as light cycle mutiball? It seems to be but I would think it would be different?

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Is it exactly the same, or just a different remix of the same song?

I made the LE version and indigocc generously took the samples and made a pro version. I'm not sure that there is a one-to-one correspondence between the two firmwares, so some of them might have gotten jumbled. Feel free to play with the LE firmware and the samples in my dropbox and see if you can find a permutation that you like (and send me a copy!). Did the music match the video in creyes82's video above?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Maybe I'm dense but where exactly do you download this? I know I'll need the pinball browser software but I'd need the file that has the audio remix in it.

PM me, and I will send you a link to my dropbox.

You don't actually need Pinball Browser, since the firmware has already been packaged with the new music. : )

#36 5 years ago

Great new soundtrack, makes the game feel fresh again. I have a Polk Sub and it sounds great with it.

#37 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link with me. I'll be uploading this soon to check it out and will post my thoughts. Thank you also for the labor of love which you put into this.

#38 5 years ago

Just noticed your instruction card on the right. You know where you got that? Looks great.

#39 5 years ago

I need to watch it again, but this is pretty cool!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Glad everyone is enjoying the remix
Next up:
Johnny Mnemonic REMIX! Will use Pinsound (pinsound.org) Can't wait! Will keep everyone posted.

?! what?! I just sold the damn game

#41 5 years ago

H O L Y C R A P

This is amazing. I would have to advise any PRO/LE owner of Tron to install this update. I have an external sub and when we started playing and hit the Gem shot the hair on our arms stood on end. Best advice I can give is when you play to get your glo-sticks ready.

#42 5 years ago

I just uploaded mine but the music volume seems pretty low compared to the original. Any suggestions?

#43 5 years ago

Turn it up? Your settings reset when you install it so your volume adjustment may be off.

I just installed it on my pro and it's nice and loud. Cool mod, thanks for sharing retro_p - it's got me thinking of songs I might want to edit in

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I just uploaded mine but the music volume seems pretty low compared to the original. Any suggestions?

Quoted from DerRoland:

My advice:
Set the game adjustment /
-> feature adjustment #23 (music) to ~ -45. Perfect loudness between music and speech.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just noticed your instruction card on the right. You know where you got that? Looks great.

I got it from PinballCenter.eu. I actually can't really recommend it. It is a complete and total PIA to install, is expensive, doesn't sit flat, and the cards resonate and emit a super high frequency hum :/

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

?! what?! I just sold the damn game

You can drive down from Duluth, and play my JM. Anytime.

#47 5 years ago

Much better with the adjustment. Just have to make sure it is - (negative) and not a positive number. I made that simple mistake and was like, "Where's my music?". I actually put the voices at -10 also and that seems to suit me pretty well so far.

As far as the music goes...so far I like it. My Pro is totally stock and I think an external sub and/or upgraded speakers would be great with this remix. Sounds like I'm going to have to talk myself into buying a sub

#48 5 years ago

A sub is a must for Tron, with or without the remix. So much better with it.

#49 5 years ago

This Remix is freaking awesome.
Honestly, I had my doubts... I was thinking that I love TRON for a couple reasons - Sound being a MAJOR LOVE. After seeing the vids, I was still kinda like "MEH, Cool Mod" After installing, once I started a new game - DAMN. It's like a whole new kick-ass software sound track.

I just wanna really express my gratitude to retro_p, indigocc, and oga83. You guys rock!
My TRON has been a new title - Tron PROmium ReMIX and it's awesome

Going back to the original love of the original TRON music/soundtrack. I still have it, it's an easy to reverse mod, and I can see myself going back - but not anytime soon. I might go back in 6 months or so, after wearing out this soundtrack - so I'll be keeping it fresh

Quoted from JoeJet:

is the main soundtrack the same as light cycle mutiball? It seems to be but I would think it would be different?

My few games on it seem to only show a couple second clip, then return to previous music. I could be wrong, but I believe that's how it is stock? I took a look at the PBBrowser, and didn't find anything that was left out, but I'm couldn't really nail the song Request # for the Pinball Browser.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Is it exactly the same, or just a different remix of the same song?
I made the LE version and indigocc generously took the samples and made a pro version. I'm not sure that there is a one-to-one correspondence between the two firmwares, so some of them might have gotten jumbled. Feel free to play with the LE firmware and the samples in my dropbox and see if you can find a permutation that you like (and send me a copy!). Did the music match the video in creyes82's video above?

The LE version and the PRO version should sound identically. The length of the different tracks is the same for both version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside