Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
photo-1.JPG
indy2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

This one looks like its seen better days. The IJ is pretty hammered too with some major PF flipper wear.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Someone even yanked the limited numbered plaque right off it too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Poor pinball

#4 11 years ago

Oh make it stop, please make the bad man stop.

My eyes my eyes I can't take it.

I am meltingggggggggggg!!

Ok the last one was not so relevant.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

This one looks like its seen better days. The IJ is pretty hammered too with some major PF flipper wear.

Man, I don't know if it is just your camera you are using but that machine looks pretty gross. All those greasy fingerprints . . . I'm not a germaphobe or what have you but I might have to put on gloves to play that machine . . .

#6 11 years ago

By keeping their pins grungy and in disrepair is Disney's way of showing people that pinball is a lousy way to spend money. They have other ideas on where you should drop your coin.

#7 11 years ago

That plaque has been gone since it was in Flynn's. I am sure there is someone somewhere with that trying to pass off a normal Tron as an LE.

As for IJ, that game has been essentially on route since 1995, and gets the crap played out of it. I am surprised it looks as good as it does. I would love to see Disney pay to have it restored, but the fact is it still pulls in quarters w/o being restored.

#8 11 years ago

Ouch!
well, Good news for LE owners. Tron limited run is now x/399

Quoted from smassa:

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Was that you that got high score #3. The score doesn't match the initials.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That plaque has been gone since it was in Flynn's.

When was it in Flynn's? The only pin I ever saw there was Whirlwind.

#11 11 years ago

I saw Cyclone, then Tron, then Whirlwind. Not sure of the exact year, but it was there.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Was that you that got high score #3. The score doesn't match the initials.

Nope. It wasn't KME either according to him. Someone he knows I'm sure.

#13 11 years ago

Must have been a different Disneyland. In October 2010 Flynn's arcade opened in Anaheim, and Whirlwind was there. Last time I went about 6 months ago, Whirlwind hadn't moved. The machines originally came from a bar/arcade in downtown Fullerton called The Slidebar. The arcade was The Reagan Years, which is now where bands rehearse.

#14 11 years ago

Nope, not a different Disney. First time I went when Flynns opened it was Whirlwind. Second time was Cyclone, 3rd and 4th were Tron. The last time I was there in Flynn's was last Feb, and it was Tron.

My GF got mad that I mentioned both times that it was nuts such a high-dollar game was out on route.

#15 11 years ago

Whatevers there now I don't know. What I do know is that Electronica and Flynn's arcade were pretty fn cool, don't you think?

#16 11 years ago

I LOVED Flynn's. Got a bunch of tokens from there. Would love to have a mini-version of the sign, but using my name instead in Neon. Looked into it, and because of the amount of tubes sign would be HUGE.

I haven't been to the mad tea party thing yet. Last time I was there was on a weekday and it was for the halloween haunt thing and my 1st time to club 33 and 1901.

#17 11 years ago

We had season passes for years, but when my daughter turned 14, she was over it. Just in time,too!
Because the So Cal pass we used to get for around a hundred bucks, is now three. It was a lot of fun for a while though, especially when they did the Rockin' Space Mountain with the Red Hot Chili Peppers version of Higher Ground blasting.

#18 11 years ago

Never had a pass, but knew/know enough people in the company to get in free at least for a day or two when we go.

What I REALLY miss there are the old arcades! When I was a kid Frontierland had a pretty good bank of the old 'shoot the bear' games, Teddi Barra's Swingin arcade game had some re-theme mini-golfs, and the penny arcade was an actual arcade.

Wish the park kept some of those instead of more space for run of the mill crap that is in most of their stores now.

#19 11 years ago

Over the years they got rid of pretty much anything that didn't involve spending more money or standing in line. Which is why Flynn's was so cool. I remember all those you mentioned, and the full blown arcade they had in the 70's when you got off Space Mountain.

#20 11 years ago

The starcade was awesome. Upstairs had pins all along the back wall and were in decent shape. Downstairs had great games too.

#21 11 years ago

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I don't know if it is just your camera you are using but that machine looks pretty gross. All those greasy fingerprints . . . I'm not a germaphobe or what have you but I might have to put on gloves to play that machine . . .

That's nasty. Looks like the floor of a peep show.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It was pretty dirty and had smudges all over. It was out of order so no need to worry and getting your hands dirty. Lol

#24 11 years ago

For the right price I'd buy that, it looks like hammered shit but it has potential. The right price, not the NIB HEP price!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I don't know if it is just your camera...

Quoted from smassa:

It was pretty dirty and had smudges all over.

You didn't do it any favors with that first pic. I'm sure you didn't do it intentionally, but that's a horrible pic. Don't quit your day job. d

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

For the right price I'd buy that, it looks like hammered shit but it has potential. The right price, not the NIB HEP price!

That's the mentality the collector side of the hobby needs to get away from. The game is getting 'hammered' on location, and you want to take it off location? How exactly is that good for the hobby?

#27 11 years ago

So the routed pinball has fingerprints on the chrome (that picks up finger prints like crazy?) and everyone thinks it looks like it is in horrible shape? This is what pins are made to do - make money on location.

I don't get it - what is the problem?

#28 11 years ago

Where exactly were these pins located at Disneyland?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

So the routed pinball has fingerprints on the chrome (that picks up finger prints like crazy?) and everyone thinks it looks like it is in horrible shape? This is what pins are made to do - make money on location.

I am in this camp; not that the pic is the greatest but I see no obvious heinous playfield wear, even on the shooter lane and scoop.

It is certainly not blown out as far as I can tell...

I was expecting something along the lines of that ACDC that had the playfield that looked like it has been belt sanded in places. Based upon these pics only, this seems more like an anal collector freak out than something someone should be concerned about.

I was at Disneyland, and they had awesome pinball tables, but they were SMUDGY OMG.

First world problems at their finest.

Wanna hear my Disneyland horror story? I bought a diet coke (in a hopefully sealed bottle from a Vendor) and was actually Vanilla coke that had been factory mislabelled! For $3 or whatever I paid that was a real horror show . What else was I going to use to choke down my $3 (not kidding) really big Disney pickle?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The starcade was awesome. Upstairs had pins all along the back wall and were in decent shape. Downstairs had great games too.

Starcade was there when I went there for grad night in 1993.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The famous IJ was/is in a gift shop in Frontierland. I didn't see it last time I was there, though, however, that was around 5 years ago.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

The famous IJ was/is in a gift shop in Frontierland.

No, that's in the Indiana Jones Outpost, directly across from the Indiana Jones Adventure ride entrance.

#33 11 years ago

NEWSFLASH: Chrome shows fingerprints like a bitch

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am in this camp; not that the pic is the greatest but I see no obvious heinous playfield wear, even on the shooter lane and scoop.
It is certainly not blown out as far as I can tell...
I was expecting something along the lines of that ACDC that had the playfield that looked like it has been belt sanded in places. Based upon these pics only, this seems more like an anal collector freak out than something someone should be concerned about.
I was at Disneyland, and they had awesome pinball tables, but they were SMUDGY OMG.
First world problems at their finest.
Wanna hear my Disneyland horror story? I bought a diet coke (in a hopefully sealed bottle from a Vendor) and was actually Vanilla coke that had been factory mislabelled! For $3 or whatever I paid that was a real horror show . What else was I going to use to choke down my $3 (not kidding) really big Disney pickle?

Shooter lane has a good amount of wear, Numbered plate torn off, sure its not horrible but its in need of being rescued. Not that Disney cares about a pinball machine.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

No problem just making an observation. Didn't mean to upset you with the pic.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

That's the mentality the collector side of the hobby needs to get away from. The game is getting 'hammered' on location, and you want to take it off location? How exactly is that good for the hobby?

It's not good for the hobby for a collectors machine to sit out of order either. If it gets bought then they will replace it. When retailers see they can still sell a routed hammered machine for almost what they paid for it, after making money on location, more people will want that business model. That's good for the hobby!!!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

It's not good for the hobby for a collectors machine to sit out of order either. If it gets bought then they will replace it. When retailers see they can still sell a routed hammered machine for almost what they paid for it, after making money on location, more people will want that business model. That's good for the hobby!!!

Noobs buying hammered routed machines for almost NIB pricing is good for the hobby?

Waaaaa? Color me a confused chimp

(I know what you meant at the end of the day, this would hopefully get more machines on location, but this still sounds kinda funny.... )

#38 11 years ago

I'd pay 1500 for that beat up Tron LE

#39 11 years ago

I don't have any pics, but we just got back from Disneyland Paris. The little arcade in Disney Village had a Tron Pro, and it was pretty much beat to crap. It had the tron arcade machine (I believe that's a mod, but not sure), basically hanging by a thread in 3 pieces over the playfield. Not sure if repair techs are overworked, nonexistent, or what. Either way, I suppose they look at it as a moneymaker and could care less what happens to it after it turns a profit, whereas some of us get all bent out of shape when a machine is neglected.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from ozuba:

I don't have any pics, but we just got back from Disneyland Paris. The little arcade in Disney Village had a Tron Pro

Was it speaking in French (do Sterns even have French)?

#41 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure it was in English, but I was watching 4 kids and waiting for the wife...and peeking over the shoulder of the guy playing so who knows A bunch of driving vids, couple air hockey machines, couple kiddie rides, and 2 pins (Tron Pro and Rolling Stones) tucked into the back corner.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Tron and Cyclone are on the second floor of the building to the west of Space Mountain. You can see them when you are in line for SM.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

This one looks like its seen better days.

"Lightly Routed" (sarcasm)

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Starcade was there when I went there for grad night in 1993.

Starcade is still there, but the upstairs portion has been closed for a long, long time. Not too sure when, I think it was around 95 or so when it shut down, but it may have been 98, when the 'new' tomorrowland rolled out.

#45 11 years ago

Poor tron le someone should buy it reproduce the plaque do it up clean it and hope they could bring it back to life
I always hate it when people just bash machines about and destroy them

#46 11 years ago

I think this is great. they are money making pieces of equipment and should be out there doing their thing. If they earn, they ops will buy more. route them. raise demand, then sell the routed ones. any machine can be brought back.

And they did a custom crate job on the IJ last time i was there. and it was in beautiful condition. They had it set up in the IJ gift shop accross from the ride.

#47 11 years ago

The ij does look epic it really looks the part I don't mind saying the cab looks nicer

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I think this is great. they are money making pieces of equipment and should be out there doing their thing. If they earn, they ops will buy more. route them. raise demand, then sell the routed ones. any machine can be brought back.
And they did a custom crate job on the IJ last time i was there. and it was in beautiful condition. They had it set up in the IJ gift shop accross from the ride.

That IJ is beat to crap now. A few years back it was nice but now it has major flipper rub wear on the playfield and is just beat to crap. Ill post a pic of it later when I'm back in the park.

#49 11 years ago

There are pics on this board of the IJ from less than a month ago. I was there less than a month ago. Yes, there is still major flipper wear on the playfield, but it is otherwise in great shape.

#50 11 years ago

Other than the Tron photos having a flash which makes all the fingerprint smudges get highlighted... how is the game beat up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-in-disneyland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.