Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JonH123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonh123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

beware of buying from those people. (game room guys)

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

he would likely take $9,600 cash - avoid the eBay/Paypal fees...

not likely
I bought 3 pins from them and will never go there again.

#6 8 years ago

Bought a NIB, only it wasn't new. It was used, cleaned up, and neatly packed back in the box.(probably a display model) They ended up exchanging it, but the owner was a jerk. A shame since I spent $20k with them and was planning on buying a lot more.

#7 8 years ago

More business for other places I guess.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Dare I say stern was to blame?

I doubt it. I called Stern about it, and that really pissed of the gameroomguy owner. It would take a long time to explain all the details, but the only reason for someone to get pissy like he did was because they had something to hide.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

he would likely take $9,600 cash - avoid the eBay/Paypal fees...

You can get $100 of with a coupon code on their website and they will reduce the price by 1.7% for a cash transaction.

#14 8 years ago

it's cheaper if you have an ebay store. Flat $250 fee for a pin I think.

4 weeks later
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from trent:

Stern actually was to blame on this one. Game Room Guys actually bought the game from me because Stern was out of stock at the time. It took a while but tracking down the serial number with Stern we found out that they had repacked a game they had used at a trade show and forgot to mark it used on their inventory sheet.
Game Room Guys were not to blame at all in this matter and they are are good people and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them. They did come through right away in getting a replacement game out to the customer. If anyone has any questions about the matter please feel free to message me.

That's interesting.
I called Stern with the serial number and they looked it up and said it was never used at a trade show.
Although the game was exchanged, it doesn't excuse gameroomguys rude and insulting customer service.
I can't imagine how a customer would get treated who didn't spend much.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's certainly possible Stern just didn't want to fess up to you but were willing to fess up to Trent who they have a longstanding relationship with. Certainly an unfortunate situation for all involved regardless.
I agree customer service needs to be a high priority for all retailers.

That definitely makes sense. I never thought of that.
O well, no worries, I have my replacement metallica premium and have found several other retailers with top notch customer service.
Stern has awesome customer service too. Every time I call their tech support with one of my newb questions they are always very friendly and helpful.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

So first experience was great, 2nd SO-SO and 3rd abdominal? Why did you keep going back out of curiosity.

huh???
where does it say anything about 1st, 2nd, 3rd experience?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

you said you bought 3 pins from them. I assumed you made 3 separate transactions. Didn't realize you bought 3 pins at once from an online store.
I was guessing that if you made 3 separate purchases it most likely would have gone that way. For example. You bought one pin and loved it, so you went back to them. The 2nd experience was the greatest but could have been worse and based on your first pin you gave them the benefit of the doubt, then you purchased your third pin and it was a disaster.
That's how your post played out in my mind.

o,
three separate transaction.
first one =no problems
second= no problems
third= ordered new and got a used one cleaned up and packed back in the box. The owner of gameroomguys was rude/insulting and lied about where he got it. I was looking for an Iron man about the same time and he was out of stock on that one. He told me his contact at stern said every retailer in the country was out of stock, but he could find me one for $6500. I spent 2 minutes on the internet and found multiple places that had them in stock for $5495. So, rude/insulting/dishonest and you get talked to like you are one of his employees(an employee on his s**t list) I think I will just buy from every place but gameroomguys as everybody else seems fine.

#27 8 years ago
#28 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Back on topic....Must mean Tron VE is on the way

O, no....
Where's that kicking the dead horse picture when u need it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonh123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-for-sale-on-ebay?tu=jonh123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.