5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arkuz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arkuz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I have noticed this too, but only since I installed easy mode. Have you done that too? Been playing for a couple years without trouble in factory default mode, but have never been good enough to make it through all the modes and through all of Sea of Simulation, so I finally caved and tweaked the difficulty level down. And that's when I experienced the weird flipper dying phenomenon. Just like you describe, as if a tilt occurred but without reason to. Game resumes fine after losing the ball.

I might have to sell the game soon and so I have less than my lifetime to try and beat it, was hoping to achieve that through easy mode. I will eventually restore factory defaults if this bug persists (and stymies my efforts to make it through to the end of the game -- almost like the coders are laughing at us!).

2 weeks later
#3 5 years ago

Made it Portal finally, yay, and have had no recurrence of this flipper issue since my previous comment. Will be going back to factory defaults now anyway...

3 weeks later
#5 5 years ago

The problem lingered for me, but was just balls ending unexpectedly. I figured it had to be a trough issue -- switches or optos, and indeed saw on Marco Specialties their notes about Stern trough optos failing with symptoms like this. I ordered and installed a dual opto replacement kit and all appears to be well now. I recommend the OP try the same.

#7 5 years ago

Good to know. I did suspect loose connectors, and did fiddle with them a bit, but perhaps could have tried harder to solidify the connections. Might still give that another try to know if I have spare working optos, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arkuz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-flippers-stop-working?tu=arkuz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.