Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arkuz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all tron lovers. I have been having a problem. I recently got a tron LE but I noticed that while I’m in the game the flippers stop working, the playfield goes dark, and the game ends. There is no tilt message. It particularly happens when I’m in the disc mode. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

1 month later
#2 5 years ago

I have noticed this too, but only since I installed easy mode. Have you done that too? Been playing for a couple years without trouble in factory default mode, but have never been good enough to make it through all the modes and through all of Sea of Simulation, so I finally caved and tweaked the difficulty level down. And that's when I experienced the weird flipper dying phenomenon. Just like you describe, as if a tilt occurred but without reason to. Game resumes fine after losing the ball.

I might have to sell the game soon and so I have less than my lifetime to try and beat it, was hoping to achieve that through easy mode. I will eventually restore factory defaults if this bug persists (and stymies my efforts to make it through to the end of the game -- almost like the coders are laughing at us!).

2 weeks later
#3 5 years ago

Made it Portal finally, yay, and have had no recurrence of this flipper issue since my previous comment. Will be going back to factory defaults now anyway...

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Hi all tron lovers. I have been having a problem. I recently got a tron LE but I noticed that while I’m in the game the flippers stop working, the playfield goes dark, and the game ends. There is no tilt message. It particularly happens when I’m in the disc mode. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Game ends regardless of ball you're on, or game ends like that when you're playing ball 3?

3 weeks later
#5 5 years ago

The problem lingered for me, but was just balls ending unexpectedly. I figured it had to be a trough issue -- switches or optos, and indeed saw on Marco Specialties their notes about Stern trough optos failing with symptoms like this. I ordered and installed a dual opto replacement kit and all appears to be well now. I recommend the OP try the same.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

The problem lingered for me, but was just balls ending unexpectedly. I figured it had to be a trough issue -- switches or optos, and indeed saw on Marco Specialties their notes about Stern trough optos failing with symptoms like this. I ordered and installed a dual opto replacement kit and all appears to be well now. I recommend the OP try the same.

You likely could have fixed your issues by bending out the two prong connector on one side of the trough opto. That one seems to cause most of these issues because the connector becomes loose and intermittent. Of course it could have been a bad/intermittent opto, but most of these are the connector becoming loose over time. Simply bending the two prongs on the connector out a bit so it tightens the connector bond is usually enough.

#7 5 years ago

Good to know. I did suspect loose connectors, and did fiddle with them a bit, but perhaps could have tried harder to solidify the connections. Might still give that another try to know if I have spare working optos, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-flippers-stop-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.