tron-pin-masters-of-sex.jpg
tron-backbox-masters-of-sex.jpg
tron-backbox.jpg
Tron_Lebowski.jpg
both2.JPG
both1.JPG
tron2.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Someone told me the first batch of Tron LE 3D backglass had issues with the image being too faded and that Stern would send out a replacement for the faded image.

Does anyone know if this is true? I have an LE and think the colors are faded a bit, but this is the first time i heard anything about a replacement.

#2 10 years ago

I never heard this....and my guess is now 2 yrs later, there are no longer new 3D backglasses left to send out

#3 10 years ago

Max thanks for the reply.

#4 10 years ago

I've never heard of this either. FWIW, I have an early LE (#33), and my translite looks perfect. There are probably still 3D translites for sale out there, but they won't be cheap. If you're looking for one, I'd check eBay.

#5 10 years ago

Yep I have #17 never heard of this before and know the 3D are scarce. Goodluck!

#6 10 years ago

Count me in on the "huh, what?" train..

IMO *all* of the 3D tron translites look "washed out" and god forbid you put one anywhere near an Avatar translite..

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

IMO *all* of the 3D tron translites look "washed out" and god forbid you put one anywhere near an Avatar translite..

I used to have an Avatar, and I agree that the 3D translite on that machine looks way better than the one on Tron. I'm not even currently using my 3D translite. I replaced it with the chicks one, which I much prefer.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I used to have an Avatar, and I agree that the 3D translite on that machine looks way better than the one on Tron. I'm not even currently using my 3D translite. I replaced it with the chicks one, which I much prefer.

Our is on the wall. Tron will be the next game that is getting a permanet spot in the collection...I know who has my game that I bought NIB and subsequently sold. Hopefully I can raise the money to buy it back before he gets tired of it. Going to do everything I possibly can.

#9 10 years ago

Sounds like the guy who told me that was mis informed or confused.

#10 10 years ago

Ill take all unwanted 3d translights.

#11 10 years ago

Wouldn't we all.

#12 10 years ago

I have never heard of the fade, I wouldnt say that eather is better than the other when it comes to 3d translights.
Both are for sale, for the right price; Avatar would be cheaper.
tron2.JPGtron2.JPG avatar3.JPGavatar3.JPG

both1.JPGboth1.JPG both2.JPGboth2.JPG

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#13 10 years ago

I too have not heard of this.. Only one I have ever seen replaced was VERY Blurry.. I'm pretty sure Stern is long past out of 3d's unless they held one or two back

JJ

#14 10 years ago

I also switched over to the chicks translite and stuck the 3d one in a closet. If I ever bore of Tron I'll pop the 3d back in, sell it, and mount the chicks... in a lightbox.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

Someone told me the first batch of Tron LE 3D backglass had issues with the image being too faded and that Stern would send out a replacement for the faded image.
Does anyone know if this is true? I have an LE and think the colors are faded a bit, but this is the first time i heard anything about a replacement.

NLA

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm in the exact same boat.
I have a Tron LE. But because I don't have a bromance on jeff bridges, no desire to see his face not just once, but TWICE… and the fact that the 2 tron babes are hot… I now have a 3D translite collecting dust and an excellent Tron Girls translite in an LE.

Interestingly… i also have an extra Tron LE backbox… could make for a nice wine cabinet with the original 3D translite in front (maybe on hinges)… hehehe

tron-backbox.jpgtron-backbox.jpg

#17 10 years ago

I don't understand why the dislike for Bridges on your translite. Have you forgotten that he abides? He should be on EVERY translite.

Tron_Lebowski.jpgTron_Lebowski.jpg
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't understand why the dislike for Bridges on your translite. Have you forgotten that he abides? He should be on EVERY translite.

Tron_Lebowski.jpg 24 KB

my wife thought having his 2 head-shots on the tron pin was being a bit excessive since i have posters of him over our bed on the ceiling

#19 10 years ago

now… when Stern finally releases their summer surprise pin… (drum roll…)

--> Masters of Sex <--

...with the following translite that has the new Tron Girl, gay Beau Bridges, & our favorite recurring character Castor (who escaped just before the explosion in the club)…

Crazy time...

tron-pin-masters-of-sex.jpgtron-pin-masters-of-sex.jpg

sorry to let the cat out of the bag Stern. All LCD, no DMD any longer...

tron-backbox-masters-of-sex.jpgtron-backbox-masters-of-sex.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-faded-backglass-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.