Chromed_lane_guides.JPG
P1010086.JPG
Chrome_these.JPG
IMG_1108.JPG
P1010189.JPG
P1010188.JPG
P1010187.JPG
P1010186.JPG
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

My Tron LE with custom orange Trim to match back glass and side art. couple of mods I added on.

P1010179.JPGP1010179.JPG P1010180.JPGP1010180.JPG P1010181.JPGP1010181.JPG

#2 12 years ago

more pics

P1010182.JPGP1010182.JPG P1010183.JPGP1010183.JPG P1010184.JPGP1010184.JPG

#3 12 years ago

Looks good, Tatman!!!! You do them yourself?

#4 12 years ago

Usually not a huge fan of blinging things up but damn that looks nice right there.

#5 12 years ago

more pics

P1010185.JPGP1010185.JPG P1010186.JPGP1010186.JPG

#6 12 years ago

pics

P1010187.JPGP1010187.JPG

#7 12 years ago

pic

P1010188.JPGP1010188.JPG P1010189.JPGP1010189.JPG

#8 12 years ago

Now just widen that goddamn Gem shot so i can hit it and that game will be perfect!

Not feeling those grey figures though.

#9 12 years ago

Thelaw I need to move the switch for a better shot at the gem shot.

#10 12 years ago

Best looking Tron pin that I have ever seen!

#11 12 years ago

absolutely awesome

#12 12 years ago

That is fantastic.

#13 12 years ago

Looks really great!

#14 12 years ago

Thanks coaster

#15 12 years ago

wow... "Radical Man!"

#16 12 years ago

That is some awesome custom trim!

but those yellow flipper rubbers... they ain't got no alibi, they ugly lol

jk tatman. very slick

#17 12 years ago

Yeah, I have nothing to add that has not already been said. Great job.

#18 12 years ago

Nice Tat!
I am trying to remember who else had that kit installed... Terry (@PL)?
It does look really good with the matching logo on the trim. The lockbar is the same color, right?
Now, all's you need is CT's blue LED flipper button kit and you are set!
I just installed my orange kit on my IM tonight; TRON is next up (blue).

IMG_1108.JPGIMG_1108.JPG
Super easy to install but, you might want to get the three way splitter if you already have the under cabinet and topper kit. (You will need it! )

but those yellow flipper rubbers...

Haha,
You will hate mine then Rawley- I'm using GREEN!

#19 12 years ago

now that you got it fixed up you ready to trade it for my decepticon plus cash?

#20 12 years ago

Looking mighty fine tatman!! You certainly love your Tron... my hat is off to you!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Now just widen that goddamn Gem shot so i can hit it and that game will be perfect!

Quoted from tatman9999:

Here's how I did that:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-gem-shot-ease-improvement-purists-beware

Try not to be put off by the negative comments in that thread, it really opens the game up and you can see how it plays without all the other shots living in the shadow of Gem... it's not about making the game easier, it's about bringing it to life! It took me a lot of thinking before I made this mod, and I don't regret it... I could finally see how the game played, it was like turning the light on!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Looking mighty fine tatman!! You certainly love your Tron... my hat is off to you!!
TheLaw said:

tatman9999 said:

Here's how I did that:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-gem-shot-ease-improvement-purists-beware
Try not to be put off by the negative comments in that thread, it really opens the game up and you can see how it plays without all the other shots living in The Shadow of Gem... it's not about making the game easier, it's about bringing it to life! It took me a lot of thinking before I made this mod, and I don't regret it... I could finally see how the game played, it was like turning the light on!

blasphemy, pure and simple.

I don't see what the problem with Gem is honestly, I finish Gem most games, half the time not even trying.
Those solid Gem shot/Super Jackpots are lovely.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Haha,
You will hate mine then Rawley- I'm using GREEN!

Green on Tron???
That's even worse than yellow... lol

I shouldn't even say anything, our Tron LE is completely stock (black rubbers and all).. except for the Cliffy on Flynn's.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I don't see what the problem with Gem is honestly, I finish Gem most games, half the time not even trying.

If you don't see what the problem is, then my recommendation is that you don't make this mod... for those who do see what the problem is, then they may certainly want to consider it

I'm just spreading the word for those who feel that the Gem shot is spoiling the game... If it doesn't spoil your game, that that's even better for you, but I don't see the point in trying to put people off doing it so they might enjoy the game more afterwards...

#24 12 years ago

Another strong recommendation from me re this game, and something I was amazed at when I took the game out of the box, was how tarnished the right lane dividers were... I'd have thought Stern would have chromed them... cost saving I guess... anyway, I think this game would benefit strongly from having them chromed... The game is supposed to be bright!!

Chrome_these.JPGChrome_these.JPG

#25 12 years ago

You need some blades!

#26 12 years ago

That orange looks awesome that is the color I wanted to do mine when I first got it. Nice work!

#27 12 years ago

Looks super duper cool!! But what's that neon blue "DONG" hanging from underneath the cab??

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Looks super duper cool!! But what's that neon blue "DONG" hanging from underneath the cab??

I was wondering that too, but was afraid to ask in case it exposed my total lack of knowledge about what's the going rage in pinball bling!

#29 12 years ago

I like it TAT.

#30 12 years ago

This is a grail of mine right now, I found a NIB one for 8K, but just can't spend anymore $$ on pins right now. If I do well in the stock market in the next week I might bite on it.

#32 12 years ago

The blue neon under cabinet lights that won't stay Velcroed up. I need to add some kind of clip to hold them.

#33 12 years ago

docscott I already have a TF deception #35.

P1010086.JPGP1010086.JPG

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

The blue neon under cabinet lights that won't stay Velcroed up. I need to add some kind of clip to hold them.

I put that thick, red double-sided 3M tape on my under cab lights on LOTR, and they hold great now.

#35 12 years ago

Thanks gambit I will try that. the velcro I came with suck's

#36 12 years ago

Looks cool tatman!

#37 12 years ago

That looks good too Tat....but I would have gone with the Carolina Tarheel Blue that Back Alley Creations have done with it! Of course I am a huge Tarheel fan......

#38 12 years ago

That looks pretty awesome! Breaks up the blue nicely..

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

docscott I already have a TF deception #35.

Attachments P1010086.JPG (389.8 KB, 0 downloads) 11 hours old

thanks for getting back to me. no worries. When I sell my Transformers I'm going to ask me how you did all your mods for this Tron. I like it. Great work.

#40 12 years ago

Another strong recommendation from me re this game, and something I was amazed at when I took the game out of the box, was how tarnished the right lane dividers were... I'd have thought Stern would have chromed them... cost saving I guess... anyway, I think this game would benefit strongly from having them chromed... The game is supposed to be bright!!

Attachments Chrome_these.JPG (80.9 KB, 0 downloads) 19 hours old

Like this??? http://gallery.me.com/tvsi/100055

#41 12 years ago

Eg-f***ing-zacly!

You been a busy boy! Did you do all these other guides too, or were they factory? I only noticed the tarnishing on the return lane guides, but probably because they were right in my face... Great work!!

Chromed_lane_guides.JPGChromed_lane_guides.JPG Chromed_ball_guide.JPGChromed_ball_guide.JPG Chromed_Flyns_guide.JPGChromed_Flyns_guide.JPG Chromed_loop_guide.JPGChromed_loop_guide.JPG Chromed_Quorra_guide.JPGChromed_Quorra_guide.JPG Chromed_shooter_lane_guide.JPGChromed_shooter_lane_guide.JPG

#42 12 years ago

Looks Nice Tatman

This probably sounds like a dumb ? but I have never seen the laser etching on the hinge or siderails before. Did you get that done too or is that standard issue?

Either way looks beautiful

I will have to buy one of these to pimp out someday.

Have fun

#43 12 years ago

The more bling the better...but how can you have a TFLE Decepticon with a Optimus topper?? (joke)

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

The more bling the better...but how can you have a TFLE Decepticon with a Optimus topper??

Yeah, and what's with the Rocky and Bullwinkle topper on the Iron Man??

#45 12 years ago

Yeah, and what's with the rocky and bullwinkle topper in the Iron Man??

=-) +1

#46 12 years ago

Tatman,
You have any pics with the lockdown bar installed? I would like to see the whole package.
Blue, Orange, and maybe a Pearl White would look good on Tron.

Any plans on selling sets of this armor? People do powercoating, not sure who does the laser cutting.

#47 12 years ago

Thats a IRon man topper

P1010088.JPGP1010088.JPG 025.JPG025.JPG 022.JPG022.JPG

#48 12 years ago

I posted awhile back about doing this. I dis-assembled the game as necessary and took some metal polish (paste) on a rag and rubbed them out to a polish. For the inlane pieces, I did those on a buffing wheel.

Eg-f***ing-zacly!
You been a busy boy! Did you do all these other guides too, or were they factory? I only noticed the tarnishing on the return lane guides, but probably because they were right in my face... Great work!!

Attachments Chromed_shooter_lane_guide.JPG (63.1 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old Chromed_Quorra_guide.JPG (71.1 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old Chromed_loop_guide.JPG (70.5 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old Chromed_Flyns_guide.JPG (37.4 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old Chromed_ball_guide.JPG (45.2 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old Chromed_lane_guides.JPG (86.8 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old

#49 12 years ago

Sweet shooter rod on that Ironman..

1 week later
#50 12 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I posted awhile back about doing this. I dis-assembled the game as necessary and took some metal polish (paste) on a rag and rubbed them out to a polish. For the inlane pieces, I did those on a buffing wheel.

You did it good!! You'd have thought Stern would have done this before they assembled the game... Would be a LOT easier than the customer having to dismantle it... Easier for the customer I suppose, but not Stern

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-custom-trim-and-mods?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.