• Flipper fidelity 5 votes
    63%
  • Cointaker 1 vote
    13%
  • K's Arcade 2 votes
    25%

(8 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I am not looking for a popularity contest between flipper fidelity, cointaker and K's arcade, just curious which you feel is the best looking of the three back box led boards? Did I leave another out? I know there are versions to each please feel free to share your opinion. TIA

Mk

#2 11 years ago

Kimballs pinballs is badass. That's what is in mine.

#3 11 years ago

Craig,

Can you put up a pic of it lit up with the glass off? I got the plain white one for my ACDC don't see much of an improvement.

#4 11 years ago

Arcadeupkeep.com has the best kit hands down.

#5 11 years ago

Bump

#6 11 years ago

Wow, I figured there would be many differing opinions on this one.

#7 11 years ago

I started a similar thread a few months ago asking for opinions on Kimballs vs Flipper Fidelity for Tron. No responses. A few folks have them, but I just don't think they're that popular.

For the value, arcadeupkeep.com seems to be the winner. I'm planning to purchase two of their 'basic' backbox kits, but they seem to have quality and value nailed.

9 months later
#8 10 years ago

Somewhat related, I got to see a backbox LED kit on an Avatar LE last night. I'm not sure who made it but the colors and effects were impressive. The backglass looked more 3D with the LED kit installed. The game came with the kit so I'm not sure who made it.

#9 10 years ago

Seen a couple in person and didn't care for them. Not sure which company made them though.

#10 10 years ago

Kimballs is the best. I've seen Flipper Fidelity in person and it just looked like a blob changing color.. I own the Kimball version and to me, it inhances the 3d effect on the backglass. Clouds and center are animated too. He will do custom things to it also if you want.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Somewhat related, I got to see a backbox LED kit on an Avatar LE last night. I'm not sure who made it but the colors and effects were impressive. The backglass looked more 3D with the LED kit installed. The game came with the kit so I'm not sure who made it.

I have the Flipper Fidelity kit in my Avatar LE (it came with the kit from the previous owner) and it does indeed really make the colors and 3D effect pop.

That experience has me leaning towards the FF kit for my TRON Pro. The poll results here are pushing me that way as well. I'm sure all of the other options out there are outstanding. I just have great experience with FF speakers and now this one backlight so I'll likely go with them again.

#12 10 years ago

Go with Kimball's kit. Seen it in person and it really makes the tron 3d translite pop.

#13 10 years ago

i spoke with Michael the other day and he also offers flasher kits in the backbox along with LED panels. Contact him directly for a quote. I have the first FF LED kit in my TRON PRO backbox, but I would like to add flashers tied to gameplay.

Quoted from packetpusher:

I have the Flipper Fidelity kit in my Avatar LE (it came with the kit from the previous owner) and it does indeed really make the colors and 3D effect pop.
That experience has me leaning towards the FF kit for my TRON Pro. The poll results here are pushing me that way as well. I'm sure all of the other options out there are outstanding. I just have great experience with FF speakers and now this one backlight so I'll likely go with them again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-back-box-led-mod-which-to-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.