Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RTR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tron side view 2.jpg
Tron side view.jpg
Tron front view.jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Hey folks,

After much consideration, I have decided to put my Tron LE up for sale. I had originally wanted to trade it, but a finanacial emergency has forced me to sell it.

I have almost 11k into this machine.

9800.00 firm.

The specs are as follows:

Serial number 400 of 400! (Doesn't get any better than that since #1 is likely in the Stern Vault)
Pinbits blue/orange plastic protector "inlane bridge" kit and "Flynn's" orange plastic
Lit-up Recognizer mod
Castor mod with EL cane and add-on flasher
Gem figure
Clu Figure
Lit-up ship mod
Arcade mod with OLED screen
Cointaker led flipper buttons (Blue)
Hallmark light cycles (Not installed but included)
Powder coated furniture in a beautiful blue that compliments the artwork (Rails, legs, backbox brackets and lockdown bar)
Cabinet protectors
Blue DMD (Looks like it came factory and is a HUGE upgrade given the color scheme of the game)
Flipper Fidelity sound system
Lit-up speaker inserts and "disc" overlays
Blue start button

There's probably more I've forgotten. I am the second owner and the machine has lived in Mass. since it was unboxed. I have the original paperwork as well. It plays to perfection and is in immaculate shape save for two small chips on the right bottom edge of the cabinet. I received the machine this way, and can send pictures of this to serious buyers. I considered fixing the two chips, but they are invisible to the player and are almost on the bottom of the cabinet.

I am located in Eastern Mass. and WILL NOT ship the game.

Please, no lowballers or dumb stuff. This is a collector grade machine with a "grail" edition number. The first (and subsequent) chowderhead(s) that post "4K by Christmas" or other nonsense earn themselves an all-expenses-paid one-way trip to Ignoresville.

Thanks very much for looking, and I will provide detailed pictures shortly.

Tron front view.jpgTron side view.jpgTron side view 2.jpg

#2 4 years ago

I played this copy before Fooped took possession of it, and it is just stunning. The blue rails and hardware are gorgeous in person.

#3 4 years ago

Nice look.

#4 4 years ago

Yes, the chrome rails were powder coated to blue...400 of 400 is deff cool

#5 4 years ago

Another Tron LE up for grabs?

Has the world gone mad?

#6 4 years ago

Cool

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another TRON LE up for grabs?
Has the world gone mad?

I'm optimistic of what this could possibly mean, but that is where it begins and ends for me. Optimism is an unknowing wager regardless of how you play your hand.

#8 4 years ago

Is that a blue tint powder over the chrome?

#9 4 years ago

That blue looks sweet

#10 4 years ago

I'm hoping all these sales of LE's mean that the higher up inner pinball peeps are doing some "insider trading" and selling off before the premium hits the market

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm hoping all these sales of LE's mean that the higher up inner pinball peeps are doing some "insider trading" and selling off before the premium hits the market

You know it! Ed

#12 4 years ago

more pix of 400/400.
close-ups of playfield
close-up of LE plaque #.
close-up of coindoor
close-up of mods

etc

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another TRON LE up for grabs?
Has the world gone mad?

After a few games last night and one epic one that I edged Nimblepin on, I've decided to keep it around a while longer. Even though I could use the money, I probably don't need it that bad. It really is an awesome machine.

GLWT!

#14 4 years ago

Labnip, I will supply pictures in microscopic detail to serious inquiries. Are you interested? It would be a really long drive from TX.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After a few games last night and one epic one that I edged Nimblepin on, I've decided to keep it around a while longer. Even though I could use the money, I probably don't need it that bad. It really is an awesome machine.
GLWT!

Well said. I'll raise my glass to that.

#16 4 years ago

And no, I have no knowledge (insider or not) about this machine being re-issued or any other condition that would negatively impact it's value. One thing I know for sure, there's never going to be another 400 of 400 made.

#17 4 years ago

more pix help sale.

#18 4 years ago

Darn, I had a hook to trade. I took that as an insult. I like my hook. . GLWS. Bump

#19 4 years ago

$4,000.01 by xmas

#20 4 years ago

Only interested in trades? Just curious what #400 would be priced at considering the recent prices.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Only interested in trades? Just curious what #400 would be priced at considering the recent prices.

Trades only. That way I don't have to get into a discussion with 753 people about the "value" of this machine. It has a ton of tasteful mods, 550.00 in powder coating and is the last production model on the planet. It's worth whatever I decide to trade it for (if anything). I have 10,500.00 into it.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

He's not gonna be baited into throwing you a price in a trade thread.

Sorry I traded mine, but it went to a great home last year.

Real beauty man.

#23 4 years ago

Wish I had something to trade.

<---- Local guy that would LOVE this machine!

#24 4 years ago

If we were closer I'd offer my Refinery souped up TWDLE.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

One thing I know for sure, there's never going to be another 400 of 400 made.

How did you get #400, luck of the draw? Free bump ))))

#26 4 years ago

How about a TOM, NGG, and POTC?

We are 18 hours away though....

#27 4 years ago

I have a TOM, PoTC is interesting and no thanks on NGG. Thanks for making a legit offer though!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

Serial number 400 of 400! (Doesn't get any better than that since #1 is likely in the Stern Vault)

#1 is in Lyman's basement.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

How about a TOM, NGG, and POTC?
We are 18 hours away though....

$12k worth of games? Wow

#30 4 years ago

I think Chris at Cointaker had #400 tucked away for a while.

#31 4 years ago

Ok, how about POTC, DH, IJ4, 10 pounds of Dreamland BBQ ribs and an Alabama hat?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

$12k worth of games? Wow

I need fewer games. TOM and NGG are in good shape, but need some TLC...

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Wish I had something to trade.
<---- Local guy that would LOVE this machine!

Trade him socks the cat for it, and then another $11k in cash.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

One thing I know for sure, there's never going to be another 400 of 400 made.

Very true.

Quoted from Fooped:

....and is the last production model on the planet.

Not exactly accurate statement.

Beautiful machine, GLWS.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Trade him socks the cat for it, and then another $11k in cash.

Socks is worth a LOT more than a TRONLE and its 1 of 1. Seriously enough with your snide remarks ...

1. It has nothing to do with you
2. Clearly you're clueless when it comes to the value of Socks

Unless you like coming off like a moron, in that case, please continue. Does it just piss you off that it's worth more than your entire pin collection combined? Whatever your problem is STFU already.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

more pix of 400/400.
close-ups of playfield
close-up of LE plaque #.
close-up of coindoor
close-up of mods

close-up of the coin mechs

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Better dump that LOTR as it is the next VE.

All the board work conversion is already done

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

ohhhh man, he'd have to Tilt a money shot post like that.
that'd be my new screen saver

#39 4 years ago

Well it's a beautiful machine. Bump. Seems like this baby should fetch 2-3 games. Not much is equal to it's value these days. Good luck with trade.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Better dump that LOTR as it is the next VE.
All the board work conversion is already done

Lol, no way. I'd never want a VE Lotr, i'd cringe too hard at the stock LED's and all the cut backs they did to the backbox.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I believe you mean mech.

#42 4 years ago

where is the socks the cat pin? I didn't see pics of that anywhere.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Socks is worth a LOT more than a TRONLE and its 1 of 1. Seriously enough with your snide remarks ...
1. It has nothing to do with you
2. Clearly you're clueless when it comes to the value of Socks
Unless you like coming off like a moron, in that case, please continue. Does it just piss you off that it's worth more than your entire pin collection combined? Whatever your problem is STFU already.

I don't know who socks the cat is but clearly Lordloss, you've hit a nerve.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Well it's a beautiful machine. Bump. Seems like this baby should fetch 2-3 games. Not much is equal to it's value these days. Good luck with trade.

Wow. Good for you Kaneda. Gave you a thumbs up buddy.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I don't know who socks the cat is but clearly Lordloss, you've hit a nerve.

It's an unreleased game for SNES, that I own. The only one in existence and yeah I paid a tidy sum for it. Lordloss is butt hurt because I won't release it for free I'm assuming. Why? Because he would copy the ROM and sell it for a profit. That's what he does for a hobby. So he makes these jabs and inappropriate posts whenever he has his period.

Should of sacked up and paid Dream for it if you wanted to make money off it Lordloss. Sorry I won't let you profit off of something I paid for. Dick.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socks_the_Cat_Rocks_the_Hill

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's an unreleased game for SNES, that I own. The only one in existence and yeah I paid a tidy sum for it. Lordloss is butt hurt because I won't release it for free I'm assuming. Why? Because he would copy the ROM and sell it for a profit. That's what he does for a hobby. So he makes these jabs and inappropriate posts whenever he has his period.
Should of sacked up and paid Dream for it if you wanted to make money off it Lordloss. Sorry I won't let you profit off of something I paid for. Dick.

I'm just teasing you because you gave into dreamtr and bought a probably broken rom that barely plays.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ah. Got it. Sounds like klov spillover. Yikes.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm just teasing you because you gave into dreamtr and bought a probably broken rom that barely plays.

If you're kidding, I'm cool with that. I just think you're upset that you won't be able to profit off of it, maybe I'm wrong. But FYI, it actually plays great. I suck at platformers but the game has been finished and is 100% complete. Thank you. When I get the legal issues straightened out I'll be happy to sell you a copy.

I didn't "give" into dreamtr at all. I went after him because I wanted to release it. When it's released let's see what the real world value is...

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ah. Got it. Sounds like klov spillover. Yikes.

I guess...just kinda silly to give someone a hard time about this on a pinball site of all places. The previous owner said he'd never release it. It's one of the most anticipated unreleased games of all time. I bought it and plan on releasing in the future. Still not good enough for some people. As you can imagine there are a lot of legal issues I need to get through before I can release it. Just silly for people to want something for nothing. This project will cost me between $10K-$20K in acquisition, legal fees and production costs MINIMUM.

It's the equivalent of the OP giving away his TRONLE for free, because, well, someone wants it...

#50 4 years ago

someone say Free Tron LE ?

...crap, this market sucks !

good thing i'm never selling mine

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside