(Topic ID: 64374)

Tron LE 400 of 400 is forever off the market...

By Fooped

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Fliptastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron-girl-2.jpg
TRON-Playfield.jpg
tron-ron-b.jpg
Tron_side_view_2.jpg
Tron_side_view.jpg
Tron_front_view.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Because that Bad Larry is now mine. Holy krap, this thing is a work of art. Here's few pics...
Tron_front_view.jpg Tron_side_view.jpg Tron_side_view_2.jpg

The previous owner did a few things to it; Arcade machine mod, powder coated all of the furniture, blue DMD, Flipper Fidelity sound system, lit-up flipper buttons, scoop light and some other stuff. Thing is simply BAD-ASS.

#2 6 years ago

nice game -- i have seen and played this game -- con grads

#3 6 years ago

Congrats, I just played one last night for the 1st time. Bad ass!

#4 6 years ago

We have a Tron LE. It is really cool. The lighted ramps are really cool to watch.

#5 6 years ago

Congrats Beautiful machine.

#6 6 years ago

Congrats dude!!!

#7 6 years ago

Congrats! Awesome # too!

#8 6 years ago

Never say forever that is a hell of a long time. Congrats such an awesome pin!!

#9 6 years ago

Congratulations from #75! It's QuorraLEcious!!!

#10 6 years ago

Bump for promised pics

#11 6 years ago

My LE is off the market forever also. Great game!

#12 6 years ago

My LE will likewise never being moving. Such addictive gameplay. Game looks good OP. Enjoy it. Nice overall lineup of games you have by the way.

Moving thread to the Stern Pinball sub forum.

#13 6 years ago

My TRON LE is gone. I turned it into a HUO BSD with CC'd PF, NIB Met Pro, HUO Ice Fever, a NIB 60" LCD tv and $300 still left over.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

My TRON LE is gone. I turned it into a HUO BSD with CC'd PF, NIB Met Pro, HUO Ice Fever, a NIB 60" LCD tv and $300 still left over.

Wow. That is rather impressive actually! I bet the BSD looks great!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow. That is rather impressive actually! I bet the BSD looks great!

Yes it is the nicest I've seen, not cheap but still a bit cheaper than a NIB Stern Pro This is not to say I wouldn't like a Tron LE again someday it's an awesome game, but I just felt dumb having one game so expensive. I have been slowly migrating back to WMS 90s games and trying to find really nice examples, mainly "B/C" titles.

#16 6 years ago

Congratulations from #100 of 400
Tron Burgundy agrees, it is definitely a keeper . . .

tron-ron-b.jpg

#17 6 years ago

Dude got a Tron LE,congrats.

#18 6 years ago

awesome fooped! looks great. the game definitely takes you to a different place. you feel like you are on the grid. have fun and i love the mods that were done already too. giving me some ideas for mine.

#19 6 years ago

Forever...I don't think that word means what you think it means.

#20 6 years ago

CONGRATS!!!!

#142 here. Super-glued to the floor.

#21 6 years ago

I like how the folks chiming in here are also in the "From my cold dead hands" school of thought on selling the machine. I had the chance to pick this Bad Larry up locally, and when I saw it originally, I knew that if it ever came up for sale, it was going to be mine. Plus 400 of 400? How could I say no? On a related note, is the orange piece of plastic near the Flynn's Arcade a mod, or did the machine come this way?

#22 6 years ago

It's a mod. Yours looks great and welcome to your first day of school

#23 6 years ago

Welcome to the club, and enjoy.

#24 6 years ago

It's part of the plastic protectors from Pinbits.com

#25 6 years ago

The pics don't do it justice!

I played this exact copy a little while ago. If you hadn't taken it, the game would be mine right now and my Tron Pro would be on the market. The blue armor is just gorgeous in real life. Along with all the other mods it is just a perfect copy of the game. Nicest Tron LE I have seen.

In fact, was my house the first Tron you played when you looked at LOTR in my garage?

2 weeks later
#26 6 years ago

Oh, so you're the guy who has the plaque for my playfield!

TRON-Playfield.jpg
#27 6 years ago

Haha that's funny

#28 6 years ago

I heard Stern is doing a remake Tron LE - 4K by xmas

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I heard Stern is doing a remake TRON LE - 4K by xmas

yeah... but hopefully they'll make it fun this time

#100 of #400

#30 6 years ago

You guys with your numbers evenly divisible by 100 always rubbing it in our faces ...

#31 6 years ago

for a few more evenly divisible numbers...

tron-girl-2.jpg

2 weeks later
#32 6 years ago

Man, this thing kicks my ass on a regular basis. Still haven't made it to The Portal (largely due to that accursed Gem loop). Still one of my favorite machines though.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

Man, this thing kicks my ass on a regular basis. Still haven't made it to The Portal (largely due to that accursed Gem loop). Still one of my favorite machines though.

Wait until you make it and the second required shot is a precision hit to Gem again!!!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

I am not going to say I have this perfected, but I can hit that shot 5/10 times with the upper flipper almost as soon as the ball hits the flipper.

You may also try letting it come down the right lane, wait until the ball is nearly toward the tip of the right flipper and aim the shot towards the "T" in TRON. Sometimes when you do this, it will ricochet off the target (s) and go straight into that GEM lane!

Good luck

#35 6 years ago

I like the blue trim. My chrome is starting to discolor where hands rest on the rails. Thinking this could be an option.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside