New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 130512)

Tron LE #384 is home.

By Rockytop

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by centerflank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

schwing-1.jpg
image.jpg
image-864.jpg
image-785.jpg
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Made a 12 hour round trip to Virginia yesterday and brought back a beautiful Tron LE I got from Doughslingers. I've been wanting one for a while, so I'm pretty excited.

I had a great time meeting Buddy (Doughslingers) and his family. The game was just as he described and he was very helpful in getting it ready to go and helped me load it up.

He has a beautiful drive in theater with an awesome collection of games in incredible condition. He even provided dinner at a Mr. Gattis he owns not far from the drive in. I had a blast.

image.jpg image-785.jpg image-864.jpg
#2 5 years ago

great looking machine, quite a drive but at least you did other things then just pick up a pinball. I have a tron le stock, just wanted to keep it original but I am getting the itch to do a few things to it! congrats I am sure it wasn't cheap!

#3 5 years ago

Thanks! No, it wasn't cheap, but it did come with everything I would want mod wise.

Arcade, Flynn sign, mirror blades, FF speakers and sub, target decals, hallmark cycles, etc...

#4 5 years ago

I remember judging this playfield as a Funhouse ripoff & writing it off... until I played the damn thing! I was hooked after that! Still have mine all these years later. A true Lyman/Borg masterpiece worthy of my Top 5.

Make sure you hook up an external sub or have the FF speaker upgrade for full "f*ck yeah" experience! =)

#5 5 years ago

Best machine by far.. Hands Down.. I don't think it will ever leave your home.

#6 5 years ago

Buddy is awesome. Congrats!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I remember judging this game as a Funhouse ripoff & writing it off... until I played the damn thing! I was hooked after that! Still have mine all these years later. A true Lyman/Borg masterpiece.

I didn't like it the first few times I played it...until all of a sudden I realized it was awesome. Everything just comes together perfectly.

#8 5 years ago

Nice!!!!!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Best machine by far.. Hands Down.. I don't think it will ever leave your home.

Agreed. I think it's here to stay.

#10 5 years ago

you know I also like to buy machines from good sellers. its nice to be invited inside to and to see their setup and talk some pin or arcade, get the nickel tour (bonus to get to play different machines you don't own). seller seemed like a very good host. makes the drive back go fast.

#11 5 years ago

Sweet.
show a pick of your LE plaque
can't explain it... but always get a kick outta that.
i'm #100/400

ps. welcome to the "Best game Ever club". I'll have the chapter Secretary send out the membership paperwork, crest and authentication details to the elite secure Tron pinball website.

#12 5 years ago

Best game ever made. Said that 3 years ago. I still stand by that statement.

#13 5 years ago

Best game ever. I own number 45.

#14 5 years ago

Best game ever. Have two it's so awesome.

#15 5 years ago
image.jpg
#16 5 years ago

Uh, get on that game and score some points.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Uh, get on that game and score some points.

Lol, I know.

#18 5 years ago

schwing-1.jpg

#19 5 years ago

I can help out with that in a few weeks. It's ripe for the taking. All it needs is a blue DMD.

#20 5 years ago

Yes, I agree... the blue dmd makes the game 100% better

#21 5 years ago

Just wait for the colordmd it's coming. Glad you made it home ok and thanks for coming early. We were really bust later with Jurassic World. I will take you up on your invite when I am down your way delivering some Hobbit pins. I hope you enjoyed Gattis I hated when they had to pull out of the Nashville market. Gattis just got new ownership and a new president so hopefully they can return to their former glory. It now feels like we are losing the way in the pizza battle for family fun.

Gonna miss that Tron LE but I made the casual post and a few took me up on it. If not for slow USPS mail it would have gone elsewhere and after that I had higher offers but it was sold pending mail delivery. After 2 weeks we gave up. You had perfect timing and glad you will appreciate that awesome pin.

#22 5 years ago

I heard TRON is pretty fun....

Get the clear rubber disc replacement to make the game wicked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melville, NY
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside