Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yipykya
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
troncake.jpg
image-849.jpg
image-316.jpg
tron-le-numXXX-hole2.jpg
tron-le-numXXX-hole1.jpg
tron-jeff-1.jpg
image-36.jpg
tron cupcake.jpg
tron-fox-1.jpg
image-965.jpg
dumbass.jpg
bueller.jpg
p3-bit-1.jpg
tron-1mil.gif
daftpunkmilla.jpg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No, actually TFA is still laughing his ass off. Unlike a certain subsection (emphasis on "sub") of Pinside, I have a working and active sense of humour. I stretch it out when I get the chance. Lotsa chances here, unfortunately there are too many tight asses that feel a need to run to mommy when they feel put upon. When a bunch of old (and probably rich) white men worry so much, methinks there's a problem. And TFA ain't the problem. I'm the solution.

Take care of your Pinside Baby TFA!

image-36.jpg

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm....maybe a bit of a stretch there......think the op asked " who sets the " value" of a Tronle?"
Another old saying comes to mind - "value ( insert beauty if you like) is in the eye of the beholder."
Some value the item more than the cash they are willing to part with to get it and the reverse applies
However...if I'm trying to "sell" my cash for an item, I'm actually a buyer....cash = definitive, item...not so much....

how exactly does that work with Pesos, pardner ??

tron-jeff-1.jpg

#53 4 years ago

You're a trailblazer Rob! When I decide to follow in your footsteps you'll be the first to know.

I thought you just said that you have a sense of humor?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I thought you just said that you have a sense of humor?

He does. A VERY serious one.

#55 4 years ago

All you can go by is the actual selling price. Sellers will usually answer you if you send them a PM asking how much they sold their game for. Everybody who has a Tron LE with the hopes of selling it someday will say what they can to pump up the price. Its normal in this hobby. Sometimes they will even get their friends to jump in and help with their comments. Thats normal too here.
Only a brazen few will talk about it being overpriced because they don't like being flamed by all those who currently own the game.
Price is simply dictated by supply and demand and where they two meet. Don't believe anything else. Right now the market is saturated by many new games by multiple manufacturers. Lots of supply = less demand. That is proven by the lower prices on games such as Tron LE, SM black, original MM and AC/DC BIB and LTBR for example. They along with a few others have taken a hit in the past year. It happens...the market changes regularly.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.

The person selling it doesn't set the selling price any more than the buyer does.

Doesn't matter at all what Pinside or anyone else thinks the price should be if it's not what the buyer is willing to pay.

So, if a buyer says I'll pay 10.00 and the seller says best I can do is 11, how does the buyer set the price? The seller is who ultimately decides at what price they are willing to sell whatever it is they own otherwise, it's not sold. The buyer can say whatever price they want, but until the seller agrees it's not a deal and the seller happens to be the one with the item. Setting a price is of course different than negotiating one, but the price set is the one that is negotiated and agreed to as being acceptable by the seller otherwise again, no sale. So, logic would indicate that the seller sets the price What the buyer is willing to pay means nothing if as a seller it's not a big enough number. There's no store on earth that you can walk in, state what you want to pay and that's that deal's done.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

So, if a buyer says I'll pay 10.00 and the seller says best I can do is 11, how does the buyer set the price?

I never said the buyer set the price.

Read my post again.

The seller is who ultimately decides at what price they are willing to sell whatever it is they own otherwise, it's not sold.

It is the buyer who ultimately decides what price they are willing to buy whatever it is they want to buy, otherwise it's not bought.

What the buyer is willing to pay means nothing if as a seller it's not a big enough number.

What the seller is willing to sell for means nothing if as a buyer it's not a small enough number.

We can play this game all day!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

how exactly does that work with Pesos, pardner ??

tron-jeff-1.jpg 14 KB

Too funny!!!....I have no idea...

#59 4 years ago

Oh for the love of....

I SET THE PRICE! There! Done!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I never said the buyer set the price.

Read my post again.

I realize that, was more of a general response.. i just happened to quote you

#61 4 years ago

here's someone's Tron LE.
there's another one that is beaten to all hell at disneyland on-property.
i'm sure there's even more with destructive abuse or completely demolished at this point.

That takes the market down to 398 known decent (maybe) Tron LE's left, and shrinking more every day !!!
Every time 1 of these babies gets shipped & potentially damaged, or put in the wild, the # of amazing ones dwindles!
Get your minty Tron LE while you can, and protect it from this destructive abuse.

...who knows... in a few years, these photos below might be of one of the best looking remaining known Tron LE's in existence

tron-le-numXXX-hole1.jpgtron-le-numXXX-hole2.jpg

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I control the TRON LE pricing, because my wife got me a kickass Tron cake with this centerpiece for my birthday a year or two ago when I got the game!

image-965.jpg 228 KB

Me thinks me like me cake.

#63 4 years ago

However, do not forget that prices will vary by geographics. Obviously a buyer will pay a bit more for a game that is within a few hours drive to inspect and pick up a game without paying shipping charges. And obviously a seller will drop his price a bit to accommodate a guy who is gonna show up with cash, help him move/load the game versus having to pack it up for shipping. There are variables involved in the final price which you will never know about unless you communicate with the actual seller.

#64 4 years ago

So, if a buyer says I'll pay 10.00 and the seller says best I can do is 11, how does the buyer set the price? The seller is who ultimately decides at what price they are willing to sell whatever it is they own otherwise, it's not sold. The buyer can say whatever price they want, but until the seller agrees it's not a deal and the seller happens to be the one with the item. Setting a price is of course different than negotiating one, but the price set is the one that is negotiated and agreed to as being acceptable by the seller otherwise again, no sale. So, logic would indicate that the seller sets the price What the buyer is willing to pay means nothing if as a seller it's not a big enough number. There's no store on earth that you can walk in, state what you want to pay and that's that deal's done.

And if there is "no sale" then it never becomes part of the market. So all is moot. There has been no price set at all.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's someone's TRON LE.
there's another one that is beaten to all hell at disneyland on-property.
i'm sure there's even more with destructive abuse or completely demolished at this point.
That takes the market down to 398 known decent LE's left, and shrinking more every day !!!
Get your's while you can, and protect it from this destructive abuse.

tron-le-numXXX-hole1.jpg 58 KB

tron-le-numXXX-hole2.jpg 54 KB

I was at Disneyland in feb.
The tron le was a mess.
Filthy. A shame to its a pretty game when kept up.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And if there is "no sale" then it never becomes part of the market. So all is moot. There has been no price set at all.

True dat...

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So what you're saying is that if a buyer cries foul in the woods and there's no one around to hear it..

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Kind of brings us full circle, doesn't it?

Quoted from RobT:

Who sets the value?
The market.
Thread can now be closed.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

The TRON LE was a mess.

yup. someone even ripped away and stole the numbered plaque from the backbox

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm....maybe a bit of a stretch there......think the op asked " who sets the " value" of a Tronle?"
Another old saying comes to mind - "value ( insert beauty if you like) is in the eye of the beholder."
Some value the item more than the cash they are willing to part with to get it and the reverse applies
However...if I'm trying to "sell" my cash for an item, I'm actually a buyer....cash = definitive, item...not so much....

Transactions are simply like voltage polarity. +/- and you have to have both. The two parties are swapping what they have. They are a seller of what they have, they are a buyer of what they are swapping into. Cash, pinball machines, goats, doesn't matter.. if it's going you're selling it, if it's coming in you're buying it. And the "value" is set when they match.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Transactions are simply like voltage polarity. +/- and you have to have both. The two parties are swapping what they have. They are a seller of what they have, they are a buyer of what they are swapping into. Cash, pinball machines, goats, doesn't matter.. if it's going you're selling it, if it's coming in you're buying it. And the "value" is set when they match.

Go on...image-316.jpg

#72 4 years ago

So does " value" equal " price"?.....I don't think it's always the case.....suspect Op implied " price" so I'm probably getting a bit out there.....

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

The TRON LE was a mess.

I was there more recently, and all it needed was a shop job. Calling it beat to hell is a bit of a stretch. I didn't see any wear on the pf with the exception of the scoop, and it was minimal wear.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fair enough, analogy wise....for the record...I have, nor desire to own, any goats

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I was there more recently, and all it needed was a shop job. Calling it beat to hell is a bit of a stretch. I didn't see any wear on the pf with the exception of the scoop, and it was minimal wear.

Yeah, when I was there it was just real dirty. I could see some wear at the scoop also. A cliffy would fix that up. White rubber rings might help slow the dirt build up as well. The Indy at the gift shop looked fine but you could see wear at the bottom of the playfield.

#76 4 years ago

Methinks, therefore me am.
Meow?

image-849.jpg
#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Me thinks me like me cake.

Thanks, I found a pic of the whole cake before it got devoured! Mmmmmmmmmm, cake....

troncake.jpg

But more on topic; It's up to the seller to try and figure out how to price *any* game, up to buyers to decide what they find acceptable, then if the game doesn't move it's back to the seller to decide to adjust the price accordingly to generate interest. Some people are motivated and want it gone, other people don't care either way and will play the waiting game.

#79 4 years ago

Lotsa chances here, unfortunately there are too many tight asses that feel a need to run to mommy when they feel put upon. When a bunch of old (and probably rich) white men worry so much, methinks there's a problem.

image.jpg

#80 4 years ago

^^^ just so myopic and misguided on so many levels. Miss the point much? a: yes.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I know of four that sold for $8-9k in the past month. Hope that helps

You are so flat out full of it! If you know of 4 that sold for 8-9K then you would own one now. You offered me 8500 for the one I was selling in the past month.

#82 4 years ago

Tron owners are going to feel the same pain as IM owners once Stern releases their vault money grab. Pretty sure that's why you see several Tron's FS right now....

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are so flat out full of it! If you know of 4 that sold for 8-9K then you would own one now. You offered me 8500 for the one I was selling in the past month.

I offered u $8500 cause i factored in shipping at 9k total value..when u were asking 10500... U instantly came down to $9500...Told u I felt that's where the market was..in the weeks that followed u publicly came down to the 9500 price u offered me... In that time a two more popped up on pinside.. And one that wasn't on pinside that I new of.. One of the games which wasn't on pinside I won't divulge was bought for less and being flipped for less then ur 9500... So as my statement is accurate but ill rephase it for u... I know three games that sold in the past month.. One was flipped and sold a second time...I also new about number 400-400 before it came to pinside. I made a larger offer then ur 8500 to him.. One he was local, two I felt 400 told 400 had more value... The deal didn't work out and another friend with tron le local offered to lend me his game for free for as long as I choose... Thanks for not taking my $8500 offer!

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Tron owners are going to feel the same pain as IM owners once Stern releases their vault money grab. Pretty sure that's why you see several Tron's FS right now....

No different than the last three runs of Tron, if they decide to do a 4th run some will prefer the new back box and decals and some will prefer the old back box with coffin lock and screened cab...

Not that big of a deal

It's time to drain this thread... Cya in the next one

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I offered u $8500 cause i factored in shipping at 9k total value..when u were asking 10500... U instantly came down to $9500...Told u I felt that's where the market was..in the weeks that followed u publicly came down to the 9500 price u offered me... In that time a two more popped up on pinside.. And one that wasn't on pinside that I new of.. One of the games which wasn't on pinside I won't divulge was bought for less and being flipped for less then ur 9500... So as my statement is accurate but ill rephase it for u... I know three games that sold in the past month.. One was flipped and sold a second time...I also new about number 400-400 before it came to pinside. I made a larger offer then ur 8500 to him.. One he was local, two I felt 400 told 400 had more value... The deal didn't work out and another friend with TRON LE local offered to lend me his game for free for as long as I choose... Thanks for not taking my $8500 offer!

sounds pretty contrived.

To offset this shenanigans I will state that I know of 4 that have sold for 9-10k in the last month.

better now

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

some good merit to this i'd imagine on the latest selling.

#87 4 years ago

So I guess that almost everyone now has inside knowledge that every Stern ever produced will be re-made as a Vault Edition in the next few months. Priceless.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

So I guess that almost everyone now has inside knowledge that every Stern ever produced will be re-made as a Vault Edition in the next few months. Priceless.

Actually I think it's more that everyone is scared of it happening. And after it clipped the value of IM so much, nobody wants to be holding. The real tell will be when the NIB games start getting shaken out of people's hands.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The real tell will be when the NIB games start getting shaken out of people's hands.

So true.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds pretty contrived.
To offset this shenanigans I will state that I know of 4 that have sold for 9-10k in the last month.
better now

It's only bullshit when u don't have all the info. Or leave some out... But what ever...better now

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Actually I think it's more that everyone is scared of it happening. And after it clipped the value of IM so much, nobody wants to be holding. The real tell will be when the NIB games start getting shaken out of people's hands.

Just curious why people think stern would do a premium? Why wouldn't they just do another pro model. They make more on a pro model and can jack up the pro model to the new pro model pricing.. They wouldn't have to do ramp lights, they wouldn't have to add drop targets... More money in their pockets...

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Last game sold helps define the range but only the seller can set the price. It is as simple as that. I can say Tron is a $4G game as much as I want, doesn't mean ANYONE will sell it to me for that.

Welll, it's the market and the effective buyer who set the price, not the seller... if the seller wants a price nobody wants to pay, he does not set anything...

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Just curious why people think stern would do a premium? Why wouldn't they just do another pro model. They make more on a pro model and can jack up the pro model to the new pro model pricing.. They wouldn't have to do ramp lights, they wouldn't have to add drop targets... More money in their pockets...

Who exactly wants the pro model again? They already did what 4 runs of the pro model, right? Gotta figure Stern will make what people really want next time they do it (LE ingredients) and everyone is right, it wouldn't make sense to re-run the same basic pro for a 5th straight time would it?

If they are going to do it what might they change?

This time it will have to be much better, think about it, an all LED light show for this theme is a no brainer, perhaps even the next generation hardware to justify the higher value and you can most assuredly count on seeing the snazzy new active topper option being literally celebrated by them.

And if a new "active" Tron topper can be retrofitted to work with the old Tron pins from 2011 as well, that's a small fortune in topper sales Mr. Stern won't raise his nose at I'm sure.

Would you rather put a quarter in the old pro or something fancier? Stern aint dummies.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Stern aint dummies.

Well spoken ....

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Well spoken ....

I minored in English back in my college days, I'm well aware what I did there. Perhaps others will get it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside