tron cupcake.jpg
tron-fox-1.jpg
image-965.jpg
dumbass.jpg
bueller.jpg
p3-bit-1.jpg
tron-1mil.gif
daftpunkmilla.jpg
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

What is the Market for a Tron Le ?
It is a special machine .
Is Pinside the only site that should set the price ?
How do we get accurate readings from other places on sales when there really is no way to find out.

#2 9 years ago

A) Tronle is a very special machine...been stated here that <> 200 still in US of the original 400. Not just about the numbers, but certainly factors in.

B) Pinside can be a good benchmark/ reference on machine pricing, but don't believe they " set" the price on anything.

C) Sadly, every Tronle f/s thread on here has been destroyed lately, due to the hope ( IMO) of a premium vault edition that will be available for $4k ( the posts go on, and on, and on).

D) It is perceived that a constant price thrashing will further this cause, scaring people into selling a title for less. MM was/ is different...not an LE.

E) And lastly ( oops, another line below), we that own and enjoy our LE's are not allowed to comment, because of our hidden agenda to retire from the profits made on this machine ( so hidden, I never knew it...I just bought the game because I liked it and play it everyday...almost)..oh...and I'm not selling mine.

F) There is still a very good, well heeled market for this sought out title. Patience and thick skin will be required by seller, until the next vault comes out, it's not the 4k premium, and people realize wtf...I WANT this game......Sunday morning rant...mark

#3 9 years ago

As stated VT- options have really put the market on its heals.
Once Eli came out with the ramp lighting the LE's hit a plateau. Once the VT's started the LE's started going down form a high of what $11k? Now I have seen them in the 7500-8500 range.

Same thing is happening with the Metallica LE. Like with acdc Luci people have chattered about a mini LE coming out (basically a Premium with new art). Today there is a Metallica LE on here for close to 8k down from its nuts price of 9K+

Tron LE is cool and yes it would be be nice to have one but would I sell my Pro that it tricked out to get it - no. My pro isnt worth what I have in it and to sell to get would be too much of a loss IMO.

If your Tron LE is really nice HUO perfect and Sterns version of Chrome isnt messed up...I'd list it at 7800-8k tops and see what the market will bear. Remember best time to sell a pin is Late Jan to March.

Pinside seems to run the gamete - fire sale to dont have to sell pricing. Regardless you will get people who have never seen nor are interested in the machines opinions.

#4 9 years ago

The value of Tron LE has dipped because two sellers undercut each other to get their games sold sooner than later. The game is limited enough and well liked by enough by the guys that own them that they can still get a premium price over whatever the new Stern LE of the moment is because it's a proven game and truly limited. Saying a HUO perfect Tron LE is only worth what a NIB "whatever" le seems ridic.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The value of TRON LE has dipped because two sellers undercut each other to get their games sold sooner than later. The game is limited enough and well liked by enough by the guys that own them that they can still get a premium price over whatever the new Stern LE of the moment is because it's a proven game and truly limited. Saying a HUO perfect TRON LE is only worth what a NIB "whatever" le seems ridic.

Agree.....and given the TRUE limited # out there....there can't be a consistent way to look at the pricing metric. This game actually has unique features that can't be put on a pro....is what it is...so if a person wants one of these, they will pay. I actually think the prices on these will rise in the upcoming months, as new models of whatever are released. It's just one of a handful that seem to have all the stars lined up.
I felt this way before I purchased ( for $10k and change), and feel stronger about it now. I'm just glad I have one...a beauty and blast to play ( even though I suck at it)....mark

#6 9 years ago

Last game sold helps define the range but only the seller can set the price. It is as simple as that. I can say Tron is a $4G game as much as I want, doesn't mean ANYONE will sell it to me for that.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sadly, every Tronle f/s thread on here has been destroyed lately, due to the hope ( IMO) of a premium vault edition that will be available for $4k ( the posts go on, and on, and on).

You can blame Stern for that. If Stern wants to be greedy and/or lazy, there could be a price to be paid for that. Used game value could go down, which could then negatively affect demand for new games at current pricing. Stern is like a lot of modern American businesses. Profit now, future be damned.

#8 9 years ago

I own a Tron LE and never plan to sell it. So I don't care if the value goes up or down. That being said, previous reasons posted it's a $8500-$10K game based on limited quantity in US and time of year.

There's a lot of craziness on prices right now on pinside due to PPS and Stern rerunning titles. It's as if every title that was ever run "could" now be a remake or vault edition so everyone is throwing doubt on game values to drive prices down. If you want to wait 1, 2, 3 years to possibly be right on a remake no problem. If you want to play the game now, spend your money and enjoy the entertainment machine that it is.

#9 9 years ago

I know of four that sold for $8-9k in the past month. Hope that helps

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I own a TRON LE and never plan to sell it. So I don't care if the value goes up or down. That being said, previous reasons posted it's a $8500-$10K game based on limited quantity in US and time of year.
There's a lot of craziness on prices right now on pinside due to PPS and Stern rerunning titles. It's as if every title that was ever run "could" now be a remake or vault edition so everyone is throwing doubt on game values to drive prices down. If you want to wait 1, 2, 3 years to possibly be right on a remake no problem. If you want to play the game now, spend your money and enjoy the entertainment machine that it is.

This^^^^^^ exactly!!!

#11 9 years ago

Who sets the value?

The market.

Thread can now be closed.

#12 9 years ago

Perceived value, dictated by the 'market'.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Last game sold helps define the range but only the seller can set the price.

No, the seller can only set the *asking* price, not the selling price. It takes two parties to reach a deal.

Quoted from SealClubber:

I can say Tron is a $4G game as much as I want, doesn't mean ANYONE will sell it to me for that.

And a seller can say Tron LE is a $14k game as much as they want, doesn't mean that ANYONE will buy it for that.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who sets the value?
The market.

In essence, you're correct. The price cheerleaders and the price knockers are part of that "market" though, no?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

RSS Tweet
Tron LE**Who sets the Value?**

The buyer sets the value.

Like your grandfather always told you "Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In essence, you're correct. The price cheerleaders and the price knockers are part of that "market" though, no?

Yep.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who sets the value?
The market.

Pretty funny that you can cover in 3 sentences what took me 3 posts to say...

Hope you're having a good holiday Rob.....mark

#18 9 years ago

And Stern has made it very clear through their actions that short of LE's, there are no sacred cows. Pros can be rerun at any time. Premium versions of LE's can be made at any time as well, multiple versions, in fact.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And Stern has made it very clear through their actions that short of LE's, there are no sacred cows. Pros can be rerun at any time. Premium versions of LE's can be made at any time as well, multiple versions, in fact.

Yep.

Is there anyone who doesn't know this? It's almost as obvious as my prior post stating that "the market" is what determines the value of Tron LE.

#20 9 years ago

I just wish we could spend more time talking pinball Stratagies, modding, playing ect ect.... It seems Pinside has devolved into every other thread being a pricing, vault speculation, pinball investment & bashing thread. It's pretty damn sad! I got into this hobby to have fun not fret over the value of wooden ball boxes 24/7.
Maybe Robin could have a sub forum for people who want to watch the value of their machines like a stock on the stock exchange.... Pinball vault, value, remake, price bubble, Flipping, speculation, bash, sky falling, fear & shit talking sub forum?

#21 9 years ago

Everyone knows that a super-secret cabal led by Jewish bankers and Freemasons decides the value of Tron LEs

You people really should stop discussing this.

You are getting close to the truth.

TOO close.

Lives are in danger.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who sets the value?

The market.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who sets the value?
The market.

Agreed. But bare with me for a moment, I'd like to take this opportunity to cause a teensy bit of drama because... well I don't know - isn't that what we're supposed to do on this kind of thread?

But doesn't Stern have an influence here. They don't make any more Trons the selling prices go up. They reintroduce Tron - this perceived value goes down.

I was just in another thread and it dawned on me that a vender said Stern was making new toppers for older games like for Tron. You would think this Topper would need to top the active topper they just offered for TWD because Tron is no longer in the forefront of popularity like TWD right now.

So it was mentioned that STLE has a hole in the top like TWD which would suit an active Stern Topper Accessory. I think a Stern ST topper for the blinged out LE would be a no brainer for Stern. Who wouldn't want to add an active topper to their STLE?

So the question became - do the Tron pins have this hole? If they do then perhaps Stern has had this Topper accessory market idea planned out for sometime now. If there is no hole perhaps that leaves credence to some of the Tron rebirth theorists. Because you have to figure the newer Trons would be pre-drilled and ready for the new Stern accessory.

The Tron theme doesn't do it for me but I certainly get the feel from all the chatter about it that it is an awesome playing game that people don't tire of. Nevertheless, for an elite rare grail pin it certainly has suddenly become readily available lately.

Anyone dare go look closely at their Tron cabinet? MUAHAHAHAHA

#24 9 years ago

IMVE has a hole. Tron pro does not. TWSS...

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No, they are observers. A market is strictly and only made up of a series of transactions. When the value of something is "marked to market", it's book or assumed value is recorded as the same value as the last recorded transaction that took place. It is NEVER set to the "cheerleader" price or to the "knocker" price. The difference between your traded price and the current mark to market is your current profit or loss. Doesn't mean you now have to trade at that price and it certainly doesn't mean that the next trade can't be different. What it does mean however is that you DO have a mark to market profit or loss, whether you like it or not. All these people that say if you don't sell you don't lose money are dreaming. You have a mark to market loss..you just haven't crystallised it.

#26 9 years ago

and the LE has no hole either.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Unless you mean those tiny pinholes, but they're on pretty much everything.

#27 9 years ago

Who sets the price?
The same big eastern syndicate that runs Christmas.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

did someone say Tron LEgs ?

daftpunkmilla.jpgdaftpunkmilla.jpg

#29 9 years ago

You set the price my friend, is a TronLE worth 8K plus to you?

#30 9 years ago

tron-1mil.giftron-1mil.gif

#31 9 years ago

Who sets the price? the person selling it. Doesn't matter at all what pinside or anyone else thinks the price should be if it's not what the seller is willing to take

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

What is the Market for a TRON LE ?
It is a special machine .
Is Pinside the only site that should set the price ?
How do we get accurate readings from other places on sales when there really is no way to find out.

Fox News should set the value.

Really,

Party on folks.

#33 9 years ago

Tron Prequel pinball = $20,000 by xmas !!

p3-bit-1.jpgp3-bit-1.jpg

#34 9 years ago

Mark... this is your chance to set the value. Sell me your Tron LE for $4000 and that's what Tron LE's will be worth!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Fox News should set the value.
Really,
Party on folks.

Poor TFA is still stinging because he got booted out of the Fox/pinball thread.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

Who sets the price? the person selling it. Doesn't matter at all what pinside or anyone else thinks the price should be if it's not what the seller is willing to take

Nope.

The person selling it doesn't set the selling price any more than the buyer does.

Doesn't matter at all what Pinside or anyone else thinks the price should be if it's not what the buyer is willing to pay.

#37 9 years ago

And the term "seller" is a bit misleading anyway. Both parties are sellers..one is selling a machine, the other is selling cash. The guy with the machine is using his machine as currency to buy dollars. All purchases are really just asset swaps. Finance is fun isn't it? Isn't it??

bueller.jpgbueller.jpg
#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

foxy tron ??

tron-fox-1.jpgtron-fox-1.jpg

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No, actually TFA is still laughing his ass off. Unlike a certain subsection (emphasis on "sub") of Pinside, I have a working and active sense of humour. I stretch it out when I get the chance. Lotsa chances here, unfortunately there are too many tight asses that feel a need to run to mommy when they feel put upon. When a bunch of old (and probably rich) white men worry so much, methinks there's a problem. And TFA ain't the problem. I'm the solution.

#40 9 years ago

The seller sets the price. The price may be too high, but if they don't budge you have to wait for that person to die. The next owner then sets the price. This assumes there are no other sellers willing to undercut or with a different expectation or need to sell. As pointed out you need a willing buyer to complete the transaction.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.

The person selling it doesn't set the selling price any more than the buyer does.

Doesn't matter at all what Pinside or anyone else thinks the price should be if it's not what the buyer is willing to pay.

Exactly...takes 2 people to agree to a price for any sale to take place.

Pinside is just one place where people can buy and sell things. No different than CL, Ebay, or Pinball Classified. The only difference is people can post positive/negative comments easier on Pinside so there is more discussion of the sale.

#42 9 years ago

methinks there's a problem

The problem I see is using the term "methinks".

#43 9 years ago

No, actually TFA is still laughing his ass off. Unlike a certain subsection (emphasis on "sub") of Pinside, I have a working and active sense of humour. I stretch it out when I get the chance. Lotsa chances here, unfortunately there are too many tight asses that feel a need to run to mommy when they feel put upon. When a bunch of old (and probably rich) white men worry so much, methinks there's a problem. And TFA ain't the problem. I'm the solution.

dumbass.jpgdumbass.jpg
#44 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The buyer sets the value.
Like your grandfather always told you "Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

Absolutely.

And when you have an $8500+ pin, the potential buyer pool is very limited.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The problem I see is using the term "methinks".

Methinks, therefore me am.

Meow?

#46 9 years ago

I control the tron LE pricing, because my wife got me a kickass Tron cake with this centerpiece for my birthday a year or two ago when I got the game!

image-965.jpgimage-965.jpg

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

dumbass.jpg 19 KB

You're a trailblazer Rob! When I decide to follow in your footsteps you'll be the first to know.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I control the TRON LE pricing, because my wife got me a kickass Tron cake with this centerpiece for my birthday a year or two ago when I got the game!

image-965.jpg 228 KB

...all i got was this cupcake
i don't control jack squat !

tron cupcake.jpgtron cupcake.jpg

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And the term "seller" is a bit misleading anyway. Both parties are sellers..one is selling a machine, the other is selling cash. The guy with the machine is using his machine as currency to buy dollars. All purchases are really just asset swaps. Finance is fun isn't it? Isn't it??

bueller.jpg 8 KB

Umm....maybe a bit of a stretch there......think the op asked " who sets the " value" of a Tronle?"

Another old saying comes to mind - "value ( insert beauty if you like) is in the eye of the beholder."

Some value the item more than the cash they are willing to part with to get it and the reverse applies

However...if I'm trying to "sell" my cash for an item, I'm actually a buyer....cash = definitive, item...not so much....

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

foxy tron ??

tron-fox-1.jpg 26 KB

Labnip....I keep forgetting to mention.....your posts ROCK!!!....fact....thanks for your always lighthearted approach and comments to some of this stuff....greatly enjoyed ( particularly the Daft Legs)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-2/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.