Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tron_Guy.jpg
IMG_0786.jpg
IMG_2312_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2160_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2154_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2334_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2334_(800x533).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I have to tell you. I have a pretty extensive collection. MM, AFM, SM, just to name a few. After
updating to 1.7 on the LE code, I have to tell you. This is the best game I own. The disc is super freaking fast now and spins that ball like all hell is breaking loose. The light show in this game is righteously blinding. It's just the total package. Love the countdown for disc battle. I mean this game hands it's ass to you and says come back and try again. It's just "THAT GOOD". This is a keep folks. Not going anywhere. I had a POTC and currently own SM. But this game, this game is just wild now. This last update tore the roof off the sucka. Lyman... Thanks for making us classic
arcade/pin guys happy. I would love! Absolutely looooooooooove a small video mode somewhere and yes maybe it could switch on/off for those who don't want it but wow.... How cool would a light cycle zipping across the screen and avoiding objects and other light cycles be???? Very cool. But, I will not complain cuz this machine has the ferocious feel of a pinball machine on crack. Thanks Lyman.. Keep up the good work. You're an asset to the pinball community. Gary Stern.... I hope you're reading this... And by the way, I want the check backglass dude... Hand it over..... Cause that's just awesome!!!!!!!!

#2 6 years ago

What was changed in the ramp lighting on the LE update? Did lyman add some new effects?

#3 6 years ago

I updated mine last night. Fantastic game. John I hope you enjoy the LE from me as I am glad to get one back from Greg.

#4 6 years ago

new screen pic

#5 6 years ago

Havnt tried the update yet but I would have agreed with you anyway haha! Cheers!

#6 6 years ago

Please update I wish I had done it earlier before the weekend ends and you loose that time with your pin. Its like a new game.

IMG_2334_(800x533).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I also updated Avengers LE Hulk and was surprised the system went from 1.62 to 1.63 not sure what that even means or does. I have not played this as much but its seems better. I dont get the feeling like I hate this pin and want to sell it at any cost.

IMG_2154_(800x533).jpg IMG_2160_(800x533).jpg IMG_2312_(800x533).jpg

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I updated mine last night. Fantastic game. John I hope you enjoy the LE from me as I am glad to get one back from Greg even at slightly higher selling price I made the mistake but you paid and you got the machine..

#9 6 years ago

Tron LE 1.63? Mine says 1.74.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TRON LE 1.63? Mine says 1.74.

Are you looking at the System number or the Version number ???

Yet to update mine ... for those that have already . did the earnable Extra Ball change in any way . I heard that on the pro if you make 12 shots to any ramp it will light EB at the scoop . I prefer it to be 4 left and 4 right ramps ( to spell DAFT-PUNK ) to light it . I think 12 shots on either would make it too easy as you can hit the DAFT ramp ( sorry not sure whether it's classed as left or right ) over and over from the right flipper .

#11 6 years ago

does this update only apply to LE ?

#12 6 years ago

Yea Buddy I'm really liking it too. I sent the coin door and shooter bezel off to Mike Chestnut for chroming, along with the lock down bar to get re-chromed. I added every mod. in the book. I can't play/update until I get my hardware back from Mike. I'm really looking forward to it though.

#13 6 years ago

Apparently, mine is running a really old version. That's so odd, because I thought I had checked it when I first got the machine...

Am I right in assuming I can just apply the latest update and it will take of everything?

IMG_0786.jpg

#14 6 years ago

To answer my own question: apparently it works just fine.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Apparently, mine is running a really old version. That's so odd, because I thought I had checked it when I first got the machine...
Am I right in assuming I can just apply the latest update and it will take of everything?

1.7 just came out a couple weeks ago. So you're not too out of date. Still.. Get that thing updated stat!

#16 6 years ago

I love the new update! It really polishes the game and just makes everything smoother. I did not think I could love tron more but I do. What a pin is all I can say......

#17 6 years ago

Hell of a pin!!! I've honestly been playing my LE so much after the code update that I'm now itching to make some improvements. I might tear it all down, give it a solid cleaning (including the disc), and switch to white rubber

Let's take a rocket and make it faster! Yeah!!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TRON LE 1.63? Mine says 1.74.

Newest version is 1.74. LE system numbers are 1.63. Software version is new. Yeah, I just readers digested through the pics, but they still say version 1.4!

Regardless of my picture comprehension, yeah, f***ing awesome pin. In my top three.

#19 6 years ago

You Tron Guys find that you play better when you are suited up?

Tron_Guy.jpg

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How did you get my match.com picture?

#21 6 years ago

Looks like he "dresses" to the left.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Classic

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I also updated Avengers LE Hulk and was surprised the system went from 1.62 to 1.63 not sure what that even means or does. I have not played this as much but its seems better. I dont get the feeling like I hate this pin and want to sell it at any cost.

The system revision number covers multiple games and refers to the system menu and SAM system things. So each game has a game revision and a system revision. Game revision is game specific and system revision can cover many different games. It just so happens that both revisions are packaged together.

I really wish these 2 kinds of updates could be applied separately. It would be nice to be able to update my Spider-Man past system rev. 1.58 to take advantage of any added system features or bug fixes since then. Ex: The last Spider-Man update (2.6) added more bug fixes through the system update than it did with the game specific update.

I'm sure something like a 2 separate update system is a no go now and would have had to been planned that way when the SAM system was designed...but it would have really been nice to be able to keep older, finished games up to date.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside